Height and Relationships

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

Bane wrote:
AnonymousAmerican wrote:Height doesnt affect me, even in the US of faggotry (and I'm 5'8"). Biggest thing that affects me in the US of faggotry is my personality, as I'm too blunt and honest for the taste of American feminists, lol.

Who would have thought honesty is frowned upon in a society, lol.
Agree with this. I see plenty of shorter American men who fit the "bad boy" image who have no problem getting girls. Conversely, I see many 6'2" + "nice guys" who couldn't get a woman if their lives depended on it. I'm 6'1, and before I met my wife, I always had trouble.
very true. the OP is letting height affect him too much. he needs to get rid of his insecurity, as wherever he goes, he won't get a girl if he's insecure.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

AnonymousAmerican wrote:
Bane wrote:
AnonymousAmerican wrote:Height doesnt affect me, even in the US of faggotry (and I'm 5'8"). Biggest thing that affects me in the US of faggotry is my personality, as I'm too blunt and honest for the taste of American feminists, lol.

Agree with this. I see plenty of shorter American men who fit the "bad boy" image who have no problem getting girls. Conversely, I see many 6'2" + "nice guys" who couldn't get a woman if their lives depended on it. I'm 6'1, and before I met my wife, I always had trouble.
very true. the OP is letting height affect him too much. he needs to get rid of his insecurity, as wherever he goes, he won't get a girl if he's insecure.
I wouldn't say I'm insecure about my height. I was wondering how my shorter height might affect me. It's also a fairly relevant discussion topic because Western society such as America places too much importance on height. Many articles right about how taller men get more girls, are higher paid relative to shorter men, and are more likely to be elected into political office. Western media has a large amount of blame trying to push an ideal stereotype that being tall is everything and that shorter men are at a disadvantage. This also has a role in feminism because Western women are more likely to disrespect shorter men and think they can get away with it.

Sometimes taller people do have some negatives. They need to eat more relative to their height (higher food bills), taller people have a greater chance of being ectomorphs (if they are then they can have trouble gaining weight and muscle), if they fall then they are likely to experience greater injuries compares to a shorter person (especially as they age), and it's possible their bones will become more weaker than their age (especially as calcium absorption decreases with age).

http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bo ... _falls.asp

From an evolutionary standpoint being short might not be such a bad thing, especially in times of war, crisis, and if you live to an old age. Shorter people would likely have a better survival rating during famines, war, and poor economic times. Their calorie, vitamin, and nutrition needs would also be lower. They also be able to find more hiding spots for hunting and if they were a soldier they should be avoiding bullets in war easier than a taller soldier.
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

you're thinking too simply and too recent-think human evolution before civilization....individuals in cold areas tend to have larger body size than people in warmer areas. Nowadays I agree doesnt matter much, but I think height is a sign of good health.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/adapt/adapt_2.htm

"within the same species of warm-blooded animals, populations having less massive individuals are more often found in warm climates near the equator, while those with greater bulk, or mass, are found further from the equator in colder regions. This is due to the fact that big animals generally have larger body masses which result in more heat being produced. The greater amount of heat results from there being more cells. A normal byproduct of metabolism in cells is heat production. Subsequently, the more cells an animal has, the more internal heat it will produce."

this is why southern asians have a TINY body mass height and weight-because they didnt need it to survive.... Compare the tiny little chinese in south vs northern chinese and northern japanese.

contrast to harsh brutal winter viking people, where only the tall large mass inviduals survived. Also, those from cold areas have different levels of hormone activity perhaps contributing to their sexual desirability
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

mrmillersd wrote:you're thinking too simply and too recent-think human evolution before civilization....individuals in cold areas tend to have larger body size than people in warmer areas. Nowadays I agree doesnt matter much, but I think height is a sign of good health.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/adapt/adapt_2.htm

"within the same species of warm-blooded animals, populations having less massive individuals are more often found in warm climates near the equator, while those with greater bulk, or mass, are found further from the equator in colder regions. This is due to the fact that big animals generally have larger body masses which result in more heat being produced. The greater amount of heat results from there being more cells. A normal byproduct of metabolism in cells is heat production. Subsequently, the more cells an animal has, the more internal heat it will produce."

this is why southern asians have a TINY body mass height and weight-because they didnt need it to survive.... Compare the tiny little chinese in south vs northern chinese and northern japanese.

contrast to harsh brutal winter viking people, where only the tall large mass inviduals survived. Also, those from cold areas have different levels of hormone activity perhaps contributing to their sexual desirability
That does make sense. The majority of European men and Northern Asian men are taller because of cold weather and their height was to provide them with more heat. Women naturally have higher percentages of body fat and remain thin or athletic so is that why they have a relatively common height between of 5'3"-5'8" range across most global geographic locations. What about shorter European men like Dmitry Medvedev? Many Russian men are 5'10" but he's about 5'2"-5'4." He is in very good health.

Why do Indian men have an average height of of about 5'3.5" but most Middle Eastern men have average heights between 5'5"-5'7", Persian men an average of 5'7"

Mongolian men are said to average 5'6.5". Nepalese women are said to average 4'11.5" so I would assume the men would average 5'5.5"-5'6" based on the fact that men typically average 2"-6" taller than the women in their nation.

Mongolia is northern Asia and it borders Siberia. The Mongoloians also conquered and occupied much of Eastern Europe and Russia. This would indicate that shorter men conquered the taller Slavic peoples and occupied them for quite awhile.
The Mongol Empire invaded Kievan Rus' in the 13th century, destroying numerous cities including Ryazan, Kolomna, Moscow, Vladimir and Kiev.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Rus'
Between 1450 and 1480 Russia cast off Mongol rule and proceeded on a course of territorial expansion and political centralization.

Source: http://www.historyhaven.com/APWH/unit%2 ... _notes.htm
That is more than 200 years of occupation.

I don't believe that height is an indication of health. Height is also determined by hormones (especially HGH and IGF-1) and having good nutrition. Having poor nutrition or being part of a lower economic class can also negatively influence growth patterns in height and some people might produce less growth hormones after a certain age (which could be corrected if a doctor gave them extra hormones while their growth plates were still able to grow).

A person could raise their economic class. A short person can be very healthy. Some people never reach their full growth potential for various factors. So height isn't necessarily a good indicator of survivability, health, or good genetics.

An incomplete chart of heights around the world:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_hei ... _the_world
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

You gotta remember that over the last 100,000 years, climate may have been different. the middle east was definitely cooler and more fertile of an area than it was now....

Mongoloids swept into eurasian lands at a time when everyone got owned by the plague and couldnt resist them

Across all societies, time, cultures, taller males have had more power. Id argue that feminist western america is a society where height doesnt matter as much as it did before.... Look at the presidential candidates-neither was really tall... Short people like Mitt Romney are doing just fine :)

also, citing a few short Russians who are outliers isnt very logical....Do you think chinese basketball players like yao ming and jeremy lin represent the chinese people's general height?
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Tsar wrote:
AnonymousAmerican wrote:
Bane wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm insecure about my height. I was wondering how my shorter height might affect me. It's also a fairly relevant discussion topic because Western society such as America places too much importance on height. Many articles right about how taller men get more girls, are higher paid relative to shorter men, and are more likely to be elected into political office. Western media has a large amount of blame trying to push an ideal stereotype that being tall is everything and that shorter men are at a disadvantage. This also has a role in feminism because Western women are more likely to disrespect shorter men and think they can get away with it.

Sometimes taller people do have some negatives. They need to eat more relative to their height (higher food bills), taller people have a greater chance of being ectomorphs (if they are then they can have trouble gaining weight and muscle), if they fall then they are likely to experience greater injuries compares to a shorter person (especially as they age), and it's possible their bones will become more weaker than their age (especially as calcium absorption decreases with age).

http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bo ... _falls.asp

From an evolutionary standpoint being short might not be such a bad thing, especially in times of war, crisis, and if you live to an old age. Shorter people would likely have a better survival rating during famines, war, and poor economic times. Their calorie, vitamin, and nutrition needs would also be lower. They also be able to find more hiding spots for hunting and if they were a soldier they should be avoiding bullets in war easier than a taller soldier.
Your second and third paragraphs are very accurate. These are some of the reasons I find it silly that height is such a big deal.

On another note, have you ever seen this website? It's called "The Incredible Shrinking Man." Ironically, the idea originated from a Dutch guy who is 6'5". He claims that by shrinking humanity, we will be able to live in a world where we will be using less resources, ultimately dealing less damage to the planet as a result. It's a pretty far out idea. Personally, I think the height he chose for humanity is unreasonably low, but it's still an interesting thought experiment nonetheless.

http://www.the-incredible-shrinking-man.net
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Tsar wrote:
Mongolia is northern Asia and it borders Siberia. The Mongoloians also conquered and occupied much of Eastern Europe and Russia. This would indicate that shorter men conquered the taller Slavic peoples and occupied them for quite awhile.
Average height differentials don't stay static over time. Just a few decades ago, Dutch were on average a lot shorter than white Americans. That's been reversed even though white Americans today are on average much taller than white Americans from say the 1920s.

Nutrition and relative prosperity are also big drivers of average height and their disparities. Why are South Korean males on average around 4 inches taller than their North Korean counterparts.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Don't forget environmental DNA disruptions, quality of lifestyle, and STRESS! People always ask in the US based sports shows, where are all the 7 footers at?! Where are all the big men we used to have in the NBA?! If they would pull their heads out of the US's ass, they could probably see that. The US has the worst life expectancy of any first world country, DNA and hormone disruptive BPA is everywhere in plastics (destroying testosterone levels), too much lead in the air, and God only knows what is in the f***ing water.... Funny how there are more gays everywhere too and it is commonly known in the medical field that average testosterone levels in men are much lower than 40 years ago....You won't grow very tall without good amounts of testosterone.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

kai1275 wrote:Don't forget environmental DNA disruptions, quality of lifestyle, and STRESS! People always ask in the US based sports shows, where are all the 7 footers at?! Where are all the big men we used to have in the NBA?! If they would pull their heads out of the US's a**, they could probably see that. The US has the worst life expectancy of any first world country, DNA and hormone disruptive BPA is everywhere in plastics (destroying testosterone levels), too much lead in the air, and God only knows what is in the f***ing water.... Funny how there are more gays everywhere too and it is commonly known in the medical field that average testosterone levels in men are much lower than 40 years ago....You won't grow very tall without good amounts of testosterone.
Those are some things I was talking about. People won't reach their full growth potential under those circumstances.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr.Darcy wrote:I'm 6ft 2 and muscular and I do not get girls. What is this?

Mr. Darcy, no offense but you whine to much. Nobody likes a constant whiner.
Last edited by Moretorque on July 11th, 2013, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Moretorque wrote:

Mr. Darcy, no offense but you wine to much. Nobody likes a constant whiner.
LOL! I thought I was the only person that saw that. He was like this the first week he joined, but everyone just kept trying to help him.... he is almost like a troll, even though he is not.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

kai1275 wrote:
Moretorque wrote:

Mr. Darcy, no offense but you wine to much. Nobody likes a constant whiner.
LOL! I thought I was the only person that saw that. He was like this the first week he joined, but everyone just kept trying to help him.... he is almost like a troll, even though he is not.

No trolls are 6 foot 2, he is an extra large troll I guess.
Time to Hide!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Tsar wrote:I'm Caucasian. My preference is to be with a Slavic woman.
Phil Ruffin and his wife, Oleksandra [Oleksandra Nikolayenko, Miss Ukraine 2004] Ruffin.
White male with his younger, taller, Slavic wife.
Go forth and do likewise. 8)

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/2008/ ... z2Ylq483ve
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything