What is the best option in my particular case?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Michael1975
Freshman Poster

What is the best option in my particular case?

Post by Michael1975 »

First of all, I would like to direct a big thank you to the person(s) running this site and the many members who have contributed to this forum. I have read a lot threads here and I find it to be an invaluable source of useful information.

I will try to describe my situation in as few words as possible (don't want to bore you) and would kindly like to ask for advice on what to do. 38 years old, EU-citizen, living in medium sized rich EU-city, 6'4", caucasian, athletic build, probably a little above average looks, bullied a lot while growing up, computer engineer, intelligent, ambitious, well-educated, very healthy bank account, no family whatsoever, two close friends (who are busy with family life most of the time), unable to gain more friends (trust me, I've tried!), introverted, have social skills but get bored from "mass-socializing", sparetime filled with activities (evening classes, workouts, travelling, etc), can attract 40-45 year olds at clubs, local internet dating yields "you're a nice guy, but I just don't have the right feelings for you, but I'm sure a catch like you won't be single for long", prefers humble and sweet next door type girls, overweight women give me allergic reactions, desparetaly want kids and regular family life, don't want to bring an Asian-looking "Mail-Order Bride" here (too much stigma). What do you recommend I do? Many thanks for your advice.
Last edited by Michael1975 on July 11th, 2013, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

What is a Asian MOB?
Michael1975
Freshman Poster

Post by Michael1975 »

germanguy wrote:What is a Asian MOB?
Asian Mail Order Bride. Basically, finding an Asian woman abroad via the internet and bring her to my country.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Mean old bitch?

I dunno. I would like to know what that means too.
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

Ok now that I know what MOB means... I would advise this:

Get out of the west and find a woman that is not an MOB. Dont worry what other people think of you...Travel the world and find out what type of woman you like the most.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Michael1975 wrote:
Asian Mail Order Bride. Basically, finding an Asian woman abroad via the internet and bring her to my country.
For a 6'4" guy why doesn't he get one of those tall and sexy Russian women? Or is that too MOB for him too? The only thing that would not look like "MOB" would probably be a black woman from Latin American. LOL
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

germanguy wrote:Ok now that I know what MOB means... I would advise this:

Get out of the west and find a woman that is not an MOB. Dont worry what other people think of you...Travel the world and find out what type of woman you like the most.
This! Who gives a flying f**k? Get what you want. Why do you give a shit what other people think? They obviously did not give two sh!ts about you in your local country to hook you up with a great wife and a great life? Haters are just jealous people. The will wish they had a hot wife that stays home and takes good care of you and your kids. My wife and I both lost a few jealous "friends" while we were dating and when we got engaged. Think of it as a process of "taking out the trash" in your life.
Michael1975
Freshman Poster

Post by Michael1975 »

kai1275 wrote:
Michael1975 wrote:
For a 6'4" guy why doesn't he get one of those tall and sexy Russian women? Or is that too MOB for him too? The only thing that would not look like "MOB" would probably be a black woman from Latin American. LOL
I personally don't have anything against neither Asian MOBs or MOBs in general, but in my society Asian MOBs, in particular, are very much frowned upon. It would be a nightmare for her to live here. Please note I mean Asian-looking when I say Asian.

You're suggesting I go for a Russian or Latin American MOB. Do you think I'll be able to keep her happy, given my limited social life?
Michael1975
Freshman Poster

Post by Michael1975 »

kai1275 wrote:
germanguy wrote:Ok now that I know what MOB means... I would advise this:

This! Who gives a flying f**k? Get what you want. Why do you give a shit what other people think? They obviously did not give two sh!ts about you in your local country to hook you up with a great wife and a great life? Haters are just jealous people. The will wish they had a hot wife that stays home and takes good care of you and your kids. My wife and I both lost a few jealous "friends" while we were dating and when we got engaged. Think of it as a process of "taking out the trash" in your life.
It's the social aspect that worries me. Most people my age have a social network to rely on (childhood friends, parents, siblings, cousings) that stick up for them no matter what. That is not the case for me (expect my two friends who rarely have time to meet me). I see an overwhelming risk that we'll be socially isolated and how easy is it have a happy relationship then?
Michael1975
Freshman Poster

Post by Michael1975 »

Is there a country with western salary levels where I would be able to get a decent job and likely to find a slim, humble and sweet woman?
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

Michael1975 wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
Michael1975 wrote:
I personally don't have anything against neither Asian MOBs or MOBs in general, but in my society Asian MOBs, in particular, are very much frowned upon. It would be a nightmare for her to live here. Please note I mean Asian-looking when I say Asian.

You're suggesting I go for a Russian or Latin American MOB. Do you think I'll be able to keep her happy, given my limited social life?
Where are you from? MOB´s have a bad reputation and are frowned upon in every western country. That should not matter though. You have to be confident enough to date an Asian girl and give a f*** on what other people might think. If somebody frowns upon a mixed couple, just because the woman is Asian, is simply stupid. They are not people who are worth listening to. And you are a bit paranoid I think... Do you really think people are going to be that interested in a regular mixed couple?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Michael1975 wrote:Is there a country with western salary levels where I would be able to get a decent job and likely to find a slim, humble and sweet woman?
Maybe Chile, Czech Republic, or Russia would be good for you?
Michael1975
Freshman Poster

Post by Michael1975 »

germanguy wrote:Where are you from? MOB´s have a bad reputation and are frowned upon in every western country. That should not matter though. You have to be confident enough to date an Asian girl and give a f*** on what other people might think. If somebody frowns upon a mixed couple, just because the woman is Asian, is simply stupid. They are not people who are worth listening to. And you are a bit paranoid I think... Do you really think people are going to be that interested in a regular mixed couple?
If you are caucasian with an Asian wife, people in my country will immediately think she's a prostitute you brought home from your vacation. This will make adaption more difficult. And it can't be fun when your kids ask you "Daddy, the kids in my class asked how much you barfined mother for? What does barfine means, daddy?". With a less common race than Asian I don't think it would be that much of an issue because we could always make some lie up, "we met when she travelled here for work" or something like that.
Michael1975
Freshman Poster

Post by Michael1975 »

zboy1 wrote:
Michael1975 wrote:Is there a country with western salary levels where I would be able to get a decent job and likely to find a slim, humble and sweet woman?
Maybe Chile, Czech Republic, or Russia would be good for you?
Well, these countries have rather low salary levels, I was more thinking of first-world country salary levels. Besides, I don't speak any of the languages they speak in those countries. If I emigrate to one of those countries, why would the women there pick me over a local speaking their language?
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

Michael1975 wrote:
germanguy wrote:Where are you from? MOB´s have a bad reputation and are frowned upon in every western country. That should not matter though. You have to be confident enough to date an Asian girl and give a f*** on what other people might think. If somebody frowns upon a mixed couple, just because the woman is Asian, is simply stupid. They are not people who are worth listening to. And you are a bit paranoid I think... Do you really think people are going to be that interested in a regular mixed couple?
If you are caucasian with an Asian wife, people in my country will immediately think she's a hoe you brought home from your vacation. This will make adaption more difficult. And it can't be fun when your kids ask you "Daddy, the kids in my class asked how much you barfined mother for? What does barfine means, daddy?". With a less common race than Asian I don't think it would be that much of an issue because we could always make some lie up, "we met when she travelled here for work" or something like that.
Again which country is that? I am from Europe too as you can see...

And why are you so paranoid and caring so much about what other people think of you?