Some observations in Thailand after almost a year

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Some observations in Thailand after almost a year

Post by Voice of Reason »

Well, I have been in Thailand for almost a year now and it's been a tremendous learning experience in so many ways. So I just thought I would share with you some of the my observations in regards to woman and relationships as compared to the west.

White men are said to get the short end of the stick in Thailand, but I give my observations from the POV of how easier it is for the Thai man compared to their western counterparts.

And despite the shortcomings for foreign men in Thailand, it still is a paradise compared to what's available in the west (I enjoyed a nice relationship with a Thai women, who gave me more pleasure than what any western woman ever has)

Please bear in mind that these are just based on my own experiences, and their could be a degree of subjectivity as well.

Here goes:

1. Women don't have permanent scowls on their faces (at least not as often).

A large number of western women walk around with an expression on their face like this:

But Thai women (not all) tend to look more like this:

2. A guy does NOT have to be an alpha male chump to find a girlfriend

During my time in Thailand, I saw many NORMAL looking guys with girlfriends.

For example, a Thai guy like this would have no trouble finding a girlfriend:

Whereas in western society he would struggle.

3. Friends hanging out together in co-educational groups

When I went out in Bangkok, I quite often saw groups of friends hanging out together that consisted of both males and females. I would go down Koah Sarn road for example, and there would be a group of people hanging out, three females and two males, or something like that.

Other times I did see all male groups or all female groups, but it contrasts sharply with my observations in the west, where you would have groups of males hanging out together wishing they could pick women up, or groups of females hanging out together with the specific intention to exclude males.

In Thailand it seemed, a group of friend could just go out together regardless of if they were male or female.

4. Thai men have a aurora of confidence about them

When I observe Thai men and Thai women hanging out together, the Thai men seem to be more at ease with themselves, as if they're not walking on eggshells around the women.

They seem to be able to joke around with their female friends, and just enjoy their company.

If this was in the west, the guy would either be making a conscious effort to impress the female and to behave in a way that she approves (or not behave in a way that she doesn't approve), is being spoken down to by them, or just ignored altogether.

5. There are A LOT of women around

I would walk into a restaurant and there would be four to five pretty women there, or I would go an order a bubble tea and there would be three to four women behind the counter, or I would walk into a clothing store and women would be there to help me. It was just endless.

And they didn't have permanent scowls on their faces like they would in the west, they weren't all obese, and they were hardly ever passive-aggressive.

In the west when I went to the heart of the city all I would see were men in business suits. In Bangkok I would see endless numbers of beautiful, feminine, slim women. [/b]
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Good observations - are you still in Bangkok? I'll be back there once I get my visa sorted.

Based on my month there, I agree there are plenty of nice looking ladies in Bangkok. However, it's not absolutely awash with beautiful women like Southern China is.

There are more overweight women in Bangkok than there are in China or Japan, maybe Malaysia too. I guess it's because the food is so good.

On the downside, it's harder to find good women in Thailand than it ever was in China.

I can't recall ever talking to a Chinese woman who was a money scammer. But in Thailand I'm getting a lot of sad stories to tug at my heart strings.

Still, apartments aren't too expensive and the food's excellent, so I'll stick around for a while.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

I'm not in Bangkok at the moment, I have been traveling around Cambodia for the past month. I am going back to Bangkok in a few days but only for a week because I'm moving to Vietnam.

You're really making me look forward to going to China (I'm going after Vietnam). It's interesting, Ive heard conflicting stories about the women in China, so I don't know what to think. I'll just go there and find out for myself. But in any case it has a rich history, which I will enjoy learning about.

Is southern China somehow different to that of the north? I've heard it depends a lot of which particular city you go to as well. Do you see other foreigners in southern China? I want to spend some time in a city where you don't see any foreigners.

I've heard sad stories too, I don't know how true they are.

A thing I noticed about Thailand is that so many people exaggerate vastly the bad aspects of the country. I'd say that Thailand would be mild compared to other countries. Personally I have experienced more scammers and money-milkers in Cambodia who try to take advantage of foreigners than in Thailand (e.g. scams at the border, pushy tuk-tuk drivers who don't want to take you to the place you're staying...etc).

I guess everyone has a different experience.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Thailand is not that great if you don't have at least ONE of 4 things. 1) Attractiveness 2) Money 3) Social circle 4) Language skills

Now keep in mind you just need ONE of these things to make it happen. :lol: If you have all 4 you should be rolling in women and happier than a pig in shit. Money as being the sole attractor is probably the weakest in a lot of ways since the women and people you meet will be superficial at best and maybe even damaging at worst. Unless you're so rich that you are automatically noticed and run in the highest tier social circles anywhere you go.

I see average to ugly Thai guys with pretty good looking middle class Thai women all the time. It's a difference that doesn't even phase me when I see it. But keep in mind that they usually have 2 out of 4 or 3 out of 4 things I mentioned above.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

"Permanent scowls" on their faces? lol. I love that. That's the term I was looking for when I wrote these observations:
viewtopic.php?t=19199

That's a good way to put it. I'll add it to my observations above. However, the image you used as an example was too kind. Most American women have degenerate scowls that look far worse than that. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Winston wrote:"Permanent scowls" on their faces? lol. I love that. That's the term I was looking for when I wrote these observations:
viewtopic.php?t=19199

That's a good way to put it. I'll add it to my observations above. However, the image you used as an example was too kind. Most American women have degenerate scowls that look far worse than that. lol
Black people in the US call that "mean mugging" or having your "mug on mean". There are few intricacies involved with it, but basically it is a hard ass look while walking around. White people are just as good at it as black people are. Especially AW. They do not want to be bothered or approached, especially the pretty ones, so they do that so you do not get any ideas.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

kai1275 wrote:
Black people in the US call that "mean mugging" or having your "mug on mean". There are few intricacies involved with it, but basically it is a hard a** look while walking around. White people are just as good at it as black people are. Especially AW. They do not want to be bothered or approached, especially the pretty ones, so they do that so you do not get any ideas.
It's just the standard bitch shield which is always turned on for many American women. In other countries women can actually relax and enjoy themselves and not take themselves too seriously.

I remember one incident walking to class when I was in college. There was this asian-american girl wearing a baggy sweatshirt coming the opposite way about to pass by. I glanced at her and she gave me a nasty scowl and walked way out from me. It was so exaggerated and ridiculous that I laughed. I just GLANCED at this stupid bitch and wasn't even remotely interested to begin with.

The mentality is so f***ed up that it's amazing sometimes.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Repatriate wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
Black people in the US call that "mean mugging" or having your "mug on mean". There are few intricacies involved with it, but basically it is a hard a** look while walking around. White people are just as good at it as black people are. Especially AW. They do not want to be bothered or approached, especially the pretty ones, so they do that so you do not get any ideas.
It's just the standard bitch shield which is always turned on for many American women. In other countries women can actually relax and enjoy themselves and not take themselves too seriously.

I remember one incident walking to class when I was in college. There was this asian-american girl wearing a baggy sweatshirt coming the opposite way about to pass by. I glanced at her and she gave me a nasty scowl and walked way out from me. It was so exaggerated and ridiculous that I laughed. I just GLANCED at this stupid bitch and wasn't even remotely interested to begin with.

The mentality is so f***ed up that it's amazing sometimes.
I know what you mean Repatriate! Asian American women do that to me all the time. Why? So many Asian American women have deep-seated hatred towards Asian men--it's pathetic! It's something you rarely see in Asia. They also don't do that to non-Asian men most of the time. The bitch shield is mostly directed at Asian men, for some reason.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote:
I know what you mean Repatriate! Asian American women do that to me all the time. Why? So many Asian American women have deep-seated hatred towards Asian men--it's pathetic! It's something you rarely see in Asia. They also don't do that to non-Asian men most of the time. The bitch shield is mostly directed at Asian men, for some reason.
Hmm, I know some asian-american are like this but honestly most of the girls I knew in college were asian also. I think it was actually kind of rare that I would get that level of bitchiness from an asian girl. I saw the arrogant stuck up attitude with white women way more but whites were a minority at my college. They also developed a huge chip on their shoulder because of it too. A lot of them walked around thinking they were hot shit all the time.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

I have gotten tired of trying to pick out which ones do it the most. For me probably black women actually far outnumber the others, but often times they do that because they actually WANT you to come over and talk to them :roll: I don't play games like that, so I ignore them. Usually those are the freaks and I am not into casual sex. In the past, I would let other brothers know, so they could go chase em, but I usually refrained from those types...

Asian women usually do not do that to black guys because they know and we know that we have almost 0% of a chance to get their number, so there is no point unless the black guy is being a jerk about the eye ogling. I have seen Asian girls do it to white and other Asian guys many times though.

Maybe you guys should just do what black guys do to black women, and when you see shit like that, turn around and walk up to them and say, "Say/Hey what's up? I thought I knew you from somewhere, do you know <random dude or girl's name>? Her: No! You: Oh my bad, hey my name is <whatever> etc. etc (keep talking fast)(basic PUA shit..)..." Eventually you can turn a silly spat into getting laid or better but that is too much cot damn work/drama for me.....lol