Has anyone experienced being obligated to produce male heir?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Has anyone experienced being obligated to produce male heir?

Post by jboy »

Eversince my father passed away a couple of months ago, my grandfather (his dad) has been urging me to find a nice chinese girl and get to working on giving him a male grandchild. At this day and age, I'm quite surprised that my family which is quite modern is seemingly reverting to being traditional. Its ironic my chinese grandfather allowed his only son to marry a caucasian girl and yet be adamant that I should marry a chinese girl. Even my mother is into this! She says its my father's dying wish and that I should hurry get it over with before my grandfather croaks lol.

Don't get me wrong, I wanna marry and have kids but it beats me why my grandfather would insist on a chinese girl for his eurasian grandson. Chinese women are control and career freaks and I have no intention of being trapped in a union with such.

May be I should get one of the girls I'm seeing now pregnant. They are pinays and I can get away with not marrying any of them lol. That should make me an unattractive prospect for the chinese ladies the matchmakers are lining up for me at least.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

I am actually the only capable male of passing my family name, but I have to get a girl to like me first and I'm more likely to win the lottery than that.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Has anyone experienced being obligated to produce male h

Post by zboy1 »

jboy wrote:Eversince my father passed away a couple of months ago, my grandfather (his dad) has been urging me to find a nice chinese girl and get to working on giving him a male grandchild. At this day and age, I'm quite surprised that my family which is quite modern is seemingly reverting to being traditional. Its ironic my chinese grandfather allowed his only son to marry a caucasian girl and yet be adamant that I should marry a chinese girl. Even my mother is into this! She says its my father's dying wish and that I should hurry get it over with before my grandfather croaks lol.

Don't get me wrong, I wanna marry and have kids but it beats me why my grandfather would insist on a chinese girl for his eurasian grandson. Chinese women are control and career freaks and I have no intention of being trapped in a union with such.

May be I should get one of the girls I'm seeing now pregnant. They are pinays and I can get away with not marrying any of them lol. That should make me an unattractive prospect for the chinese ladies the matchmakers are lining up for me at least.
Yes to your question, jboy. A lot of Asian families are like that: constantly badgering you to get married (preferably to your own race, and vehemently opposing interracial marriages) and to produce children. That's just the way they are, LOL.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

zboy1 wrote:
jboy wrote:Eversince my father passed away a couple of months ago, my grandfather (his dad) has been urging me to find a nice chinese girl and get to working on giving him a male grandchild. At this day and age, I'm quite surprised that my family which is quite modern is seemingly reverting to being traditional. Its ironic my chinese grandfather allowed his only son to marry a caucasian girl and yet be adamant that I should marry a chinese girl. Even my mother is into this! She says its my father's dying wish and that I should hurry get it over with before my grandfather croaks lol.

Yes to your question, jboy. A lot of Asian families are like that: constantly badgering you to get married (preferably to your own race, and vehemently opposing interracial marriages) and to produce children. That's just the way they are, LOL.
Well I'm eurasian, my chinese dad married an american girl with nordic-germanic bloodline so its why I find it baffling that they would insist on a chinese girl for me. If they can find a chinese girl with the type of ass I go for then I might consider it lol.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Mr.Darcy wrote:I am actually the only capable male of passing my family name, but I have to get a girl to like me first and I'm more likely to win the lottery than that.
C'mon man! You are targeting the wrong girls methinks. Anyway I'm the only male on my generation, my dad likewise so may be thats it. Like keeping our family name and bloodline as chinese as possible lol. I did find a chinese looking pinay who I might have enjoy being married to just a few months ago but she isn't into me and there was a whole bunch of drama that made any more liaison with her impossible. Shit happens man, fact of life.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

jboy wrote:
Mr.Darcy wrote:I am actually the only capable male of passing my family name, but I have to get a girl to like me first and I'm more likely to win the lottery than that.
C'mon man! You are targeting the wrong girls methinks. Anyway I'm the only male on my generation, my dad likewise so may be thats it. Like keeping our family name and bloodline as chinese as possible lol. I did find a chinese looking pinay who I might have enjoy being married to just a few months ago but she isn't into me and there was a whole bunch of drama that made any more liaison with her impossible. Shit happens man, fact of life.
target, it's impossible to target when the majority of girls think i'm just composed of hydrogen and oxygen.
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

If my family ever said something like that, I'd tell them to F*uck off and cut off all ties.

we're in the 21st century not ancient ching chong china
yes im chinese too

this perception of required loyalty to ones family is what differs between eastern family slave type life and western individual freedom. Asians need to really learn to tell their family to **** off and not act like subservient kids to their parents....
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Yeah! Its like my family is now possessed with the spirits of our ancestors lol.

They got no qualms about marrying interracially and all that the past two generations so why the obsession with getting a chinese kid to carry on the family name. As a joke, I once remarked if the chinese girl did not give me a son as a firstborn, does that mean I can keep knocking off all the candidates they lined up for me and jus marry whoever pops out a boy lol.

It isn't like we need an heir for a kingdom and I'm cool if my future kids won't have my surname.

I'm financially stable but am not thrilled about the possibility of being disinherited :(
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

It's because your family wants to keep their bloodline pure. A non-traditional, interracial family tends to eventually dissipate in a changing society. The elders want to be happy, knowing their family will still be there when they're gone and still have some semblance of a future. Most of you folks wouldn't understand, because you can't see the forest for the trees - you only see the ground beneath them. :P

Just ask the jews in the west! They tend to keep their families free of nonsense.
Last edited by C.J. on July 15th, 2013, 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

mrmillersd wrote:If my family ever said something like that, I'd tell them to F*uck off and cut off all ties.

we're in the 21st century not ancient ching chong china
yes im chinese too

this perception of required loyalty to ones family is what differs between eastern family slave type life and western individual freedom. Asians need to really learn to tell their family to **** off and not act like subservient kids to their parents....
For a while there, I was thinking that you were a complete conformist to mainstream ideas. I guess I was wrong.

If you're willing to cut off your family, to pursue a better way of life then all the power to you :wink:

This is why my relationship with my Brazilian ex-GF had ended. She was not happy that I had no meaningful ongoing relationship with my family and thus, assumed it would have a negative influence on future children. Hence, I was not suitable to the whole South American extended family way of life.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

I'm surprised you do not want these sorts of things for yourself! What kind of man are you? Are you one of those athiest-liberal types or some loner libertarian hardliner? Or some combination of all of that? Do you want to roam around for mongering and never have kids? If so, tell them straight up. Don't be a p***y about it.

I have alot of pride in both sides of my family. All the males typically stick together and we take alot of pride in being hard working, athletic, good looking, and successful like our grandfathers were.

I'm not going to try to convince you to get a Chinese wife, like myself, because if you were interested you probably would have had one by now. How old are you anyway? What are you currently doing in life? Anyone's advice in here, may not yield much use, depending upon many other factors.

Chinese women are control and career freaks? Are you talking about Chinese American Women? or Chinese Women from mainland China, Hong Kong, or Taiwanese women? If you say all of them, you need to get out more. The only women I know like that are actually American Women. The old all Asian women are Tiger Wives rant, is old, played out, and tired....
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

kai1275 wrote:Chinese women are control and career freaks? Are you talking about Chinese American Women? or Chinese Women from mainland China, Hong Kong, or Taiwanese women? If you say all of them, you need to get out more. The only women I know like that are actually American Women. The old all Asian women are Tiger Wives rant, is old, played out, and tired....
Well I'm not Asian but here's what I heard.

When I was in Beijing, many moons ago, the above was the reputation of Shanghai women, the barracudas of the east. Also, of the Chinese diasporic women of Singapore, so the story didn't start with Wendy Deng and Rupert Murdoch, contrary to popular belief.

And yes, American women suck but that's about as newsworthy as a the moon orbiting the earth :wink:
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I had a similar issue where my dad wanted me to marry an Indian, since he's indian, but he married my mom whose 100% Latina. I didn't marry an indian after all, I found love with another in the most unlikely places when I least expected it ...

If you're gonna make a lifetime commitment make sure you satisfy yourself first beacause YOU have to live with the decision.

Don't worry they'll support you, it looks like they just want grand kids :)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

kai1275 wrote:

I'm surprised you do not want these sorts of things for yourself! What kind of man are you? Are you one of those athiest-liberal types or some loner libertarian hardliner? Or some combination of all of that? Do you want to roam around for mongering and never have kids? If so, tell them straight up. Don't be a p***y about it.

I have alot of pride in both sides of my family. All the males typically stick together and we take alot of pride in being hard working, athletic, good looking, and successful like our grandfathers were.

I'm not going to try to convince you to get a Chinese wife, like myself, because if you were interested you probably would have had one by now. How old are you anyway? What are you currently doing in life? Anyone's advice in here, may not yield much use, depending upon many other factors.

Chinese women are control and career freaks? Are you talking about Chinese American Women? or Chinese Women from mainland China, Hong Kong, or Taiwanese women? If you say all of them, you need to get out more. The only women I know like that are actually American Women. The old all Asian women are Tiger Wives rant, is old, played out, and tired....
Man, we aren't talking about chinese village girl here and frankly I won't be happy with a village girl. I want a cosmopolitan woman with the mellowness and passion of a latina but more subtle. Never met a chinese girl like that. The women they lined up for me are the daughters and granddaughters of my grandfather's associates...these are entitled princesses who are chinese city girls. Do u have an idea how stuck up women from Beijing and Shanghai are? I would go back to US and marry an ameriskank than be with those. If u marry into an influential chinese family u have joined the mafia and yakuza rolled into one. U won't get out alive lol. And yes, mainland chinese women turn into dragon bitches once they reach a certain age.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Renata wrote:I had a similar issue where my dad wanted me to marry an Indian, since he's indian, but he married my mom whose 100% Latina. I didn't marry an indian after all, I found love with another in the most unlikely places when I least expected it ...

If you're gonna make a lifetime commitment make sure you satisfy yourself first beacause YOU have to live with the decision.

Don't worry they'll support you, it looks like they just want grand kids :)

Thankee Renata :)

I'm thinking I could get away with it by marrying a filipina-chinese from a good family. I'm seeing two that would make my family proud to have ties with. Its like casting one stone and hitting two birds, if I marry the well off tsinay, that would ensure our business in the Phillies will have a strong ally to fully expand in SEA and I'll get the type of woman I could be happy spending the rest of my life with.