Why do African Americans want to live in the U.S.?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
JamesSa
Freshman Poster

Post by JamesSa »

Hi Ladislav,

When I was in Saudi with a whole bunch of US military guys, the Saudis prepared all kinds of IDs and papers for us and they were all in Arabic. I had friends translate them.

The Saudis just put for everybody:" nationality: American". Then they were concerned about religion: Christian or Muslim? That was it.

Arabs only have those two concepts- your citizenship and your religion.

I have a question about the Middle East: do you have any first-hand knowledge about how South-East Asians are treated there? From the accounts I've read, they haven't been exempt from bad treatment despite sharing the same religion. I ask you only because I seem to recall reading one of your posts about contract work in the region.

Also, how would an American be treated considering the "War on Terror"?

EDIT: I just realized this may be the wrong thread to pose this question in. My apologies.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Saudi Arabia is a pretty safe country in spite of what you hear. You just need to avoid bad times and bad places. Black Americans are not bothered at all.

SE Asians? Depends on their job. And citizenship. But mostly OK. One needs to understand that Saudi is a place where the locals are busy and so are expats. Everyone is doing his own thing. Most people are just not bothered and don't care about each other. So, they are treated like here in the US. Bad treatment? Well, if they are cleaners, they will be treated as cleaners. But most are just left alone.

Americans are treated very well. They are there to protect the Saudis. And Saudis know that.

But again, keep in mind that there's no "treatment" per se in Saudi. Saudis come to work, do their job, interact with people in a minimal way and go home. And expats go home.

Take the contract! I loved working in Saudi- the best place in the world in which to work!
... would argue just the opposite: Colorism may in fact elevate to the status of race or nationality. To use your very example of Brazil, there is no "one-drop" rule, unlike in the US. While a black Brazilian may..
Oh, yes, I am fully aware of it. That is the Latin American brand of racism. Some argue that it's worse than what we have in the USA because at least in the US, we have AA; there they don't because allegedly they don't have racism and everyone is Brazilian.

The same in Saudi-- everyone is a Saudi but some are more Saudi than others.

The same in France- everyone is supposedly French but if your name is Mohammed, yeah, you are "French", yeah-- in your face you are-- but behind your back, you are just a dirty Arab.

Many even prefer the US system because at least it clearly puts people into sub-nationalities, assigns a certain official identity to them and then there's attempted ( sometimes well and sometimes not so well) protection and help to make those groups advance. The United Negro College Fund, NAACP, various hyphenated organizations and strong anti-discrimination laws all have helped many people-- this is why Obama was allowed to run and then you have all these black mayors and black senators, judges etc.

But since the above system is just original English racism turned inside out, it still divides people socially more. If you go to Latin America, you will see that on a grass root level, everyone mixes much more and there's colorism without ethnicity. Problems begin when there's jobs, money, positions involved.

Hard to explain, you need to go and live there and see what I mean.

Suffice to say that you can't tell on the phone what race a person is.
Last edited by ladislav on July 17th, 2013, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do African Americans want to live in the U.S.?

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Chad114 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Chad114 wrote:
@Chad114,

Please refrain from using the word "ain't". I loathe that word.
Secondly, Marcus Garvey was not too keen on assisting "half-breeds" back to Africa.
Could it be the same half-breeds that ridiculed him for being a "Black Gorilla"?

I'll refrain from saying aint as soon as you promise to stop using effeminate infantile black males in your avatar it aint a good look.
You're definitely acting like an unmitigated douchebag right now. If you had read the avatar, you would have known that I don't support it and that the MGTOW logo
is there to move away from that type of sick behavior.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

JamesSa wrote:......Why be at the bottom in America where even immigrants think they are better than you?
...and I thought i was the only one whom thought this way too. Those immigrants are low class. E.g. why do you think
that Spanish spoken in America is, for the most part, dumbed down??

If you were to go to Perú (or anywhere in Iberoamerica really (yes including Brasil)), they speak with a lot of phrasal verbs and complexity.
Here, they speak it dumbed down.

e.g. Flirtear is Amerospanish....coquetear is the Ibero-American way to say that (i.e. they say it in RPI, former "El Gran Colombia", and Brazil and probably Central America too).
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Chad114 wrote:
Chad114 wrote:
@Chad114,

Secondly, Marcus Garvey was not too keen on assisting "half-breeds" back to Africa.
Could it be the same half-breeds that ridiculed him for being a "Black Gorilla"?

I'll refrain from saying aint as soon as you promise to stop using effeminate infantile black males in your avatar it aint a good look.
You're definitely acting like an unmitigated douchebag right now. If you had read the avatar, you would have known that I don't support it and that the MGTOW logo
I cannot make out the logo in that picture either, it is too small. It also looks kinda nasty and poor taste as well. Sorry I am with Chad on this one man. Can't you find something better than that!?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

kai1275 wrote:
Chad114 wrote:
Chad114 wrote:
@Chad114,

I cannot make out the logo in that picture either, it is too small. It also looks kinda nasty and poor taste as well. Sorry I am with Chad on this one man. Can't you find something better than that!?
Sure, sir. C.ummin right up!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

WTF is with your new avatar E? LOL. Your choice of avatars are hilarious, my friend...
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Let me ask you non-blacks something. Who'd pass up free money, free food, free utilities, free phones and free housing? You have everything you need! You'd be rude to pass up that kind of generosity. :D

Pretty much the only reason most blacks are still in the west.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:WTF is with your new avatar E? LOL. Your choice of avatars are hilarious, my friend...
That's better than two gay black men spooning each other in a bed. Yuck!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

kai1275 wrote:
zboy1 wrote:WTF is with your new avatar E? LOL. Your choice of avatars are hilarious, my friend...
That's better than two gay black men spooning each other in a bed. Yuck!
Jajajajajaa 亲亲我的屁股!哈哈哈!!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

I'm not feeling androgynous in the slightest. I am just more relaxed since I have been in Phoenix for a month
and a half now.

I have 3 dates lined up this weekend; I'm about to get my d.ick wet again.

It's been a long time c.ummin', fellas.

And in actuality, this new avatar is actually a chick on POF that lives in Chicagoland area. All jokes aside you guys!
Last edited by E Irizarry R&B Singer on July 17th, 2013, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

I think most African Americans simply do not see expatriation as a viable option. They buy in to all this.

Also, African Americans are generally from disadvantaged communities where they are working just to pay for the basic necessities food, water, and rent. Expatriation for better dating options? GTO here!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

mguy wrote:I think most African Americans simply do not see expatriation as a viable option. They buy in to all this.

Also, African Americans are generally from disadvantaged communities where they are working just to pay for the basic necessities food, water, and rent. Expatriation for better dating options? GTO here!
...especially since majority of the Black American men nowadays were raised by single, Black-American mothers alas they have their own Oedipus complex affinity for loving a Black woman or any woman which is shaped like one - "jus' like their mamma!"
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

mguy wrote:I think most African Americans simply do not see expatriation as a viable option. They buy in to all this.

Yeah! GTFO of here! :D

Why would they waste time and money moving to a foreign country, only to start over? I already listed some good reasons NOT to. Not only that, it's usually the "good" blacks who're in the need for expatriation... the rest are too busy getting some! If they're anything like E over here, they don't give a damn about some far away land. :)
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

C.J. wrote:

Yeah! GTFO of here! :D

Why would they waste time and money moving to a foreign country, only to start over? I already listed some good reasons NOT to. Not only that, it's usually the "good" blacks who're in the need for expatriation... the rest are too busy getting some! If they're anything like E over here, they don't give a damn about some far away land. :)
Now please wait a minute. I actually want to go to Africa someday. I am always working to get a.ss and cash, but I will be able to visit Africa one day. PLease believe me.
Things take time - and now that i'm in a nicer environment (east coast America is too overtly-competitive due to the advent of a waning economy), I can shake-n-bake to some degree.