Where would be the best place to live and love?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
q7677
Freshman Poster

Re: Where would be the best place to live and love?

Post by q7677 »

Venetienzo wrote:Ok so I'm relatively new to these forums. I'm young ( only 19 ) and my goals in life are much more family oriented than material. I don't like to waste time on relationships that I know won't last so I don't really bother giving sluts an ounce of my breath much less acknowledgement. Please go easy with the criticism here guys if there is any. I'm here to learn and absorb info posted on here and will try my best to give ideas an objective view. My question is to those who either live abroad or have experience in foreign questions and is this... Which country is the best to find a cultured loyal intelligent women? I mean I know everyone is an individual and that is very much true but there are social and cultural ties which link a specific group together. I personally want to live in Italy but from what I've heard there is mixed messages about finding a decent woman there. I find Arab and Korean women attractive too. I'm open to hearing which countries are the best for any of you and which are the worst and what your experiences were. I'm open to almost all countries and I welcome any advice. Thank you for taking the time to read this too. Very much appreciated :)

P.S Also What degrees or occupations are desired internationally? I want to be a police officer here in the states, however, I doubt US law enforcement jobs are transferable to foreign countries since constitutions and laws are going to differ greatly.

I'd say only one word to you: explore. There is only one thing you can be sure of: 5 or 10 years from now, you will be a very different person than you are now. That's why the best thing is to just explore and enjoy your young age. Whatever you are sure about right now, might turn out to not be your opinion a few years later. Just avoid any lifelong commitments for the next 10 years and live your life. You don't have to commit to a country or to a lifestyle or to anything. You can go to college, learn a useful trade, while in the meantime studying abroad every second semester and exploring the world. Go to countries you think are good for you and try living there. Or just use your 3 months of summer and 1 month of winter to explore, while in college.
Or postpone college for next year, earn/save a few thousand dollars(shouldn't be hard if you live with your family and have no expenses) and go traveling, learn a language while abroad and explore. The world is in front of you.
Venetienzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Venetienzo »

zboy1 wrote:The only service that I would think about joining is the U.S. Air Force. I served 4+ years in the USAF, and I can say it wasn't a bad experience. But, I joined before 9/11, and things have really changed since then...for the worse. If you do join the USAF, make sure your occupation doesn't involve front-line duty or combat.

The best jobs I can think of is 1)language interpreter 2) any medical job 3)Communications & Computer Systems (Could translate into any kind of IT job at minimum.) 4) Civil Engineering (Anything from a plumber to electrician to HVAC guy.) 5) Visual Information (Would be working in the photo lab or in the TV studio. Get out and become a photographer, videographer/cameraman.)

I just read something very disturbing about the US and its future so maybe I'm going withhold from joining any type of US Government. Maybe I'll try to get into a university and just study abroad somewhere else and vouch for a visa.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e25166.htm

I did a little research on this article and some reference points and they're all credible so much so in fact when I was reading it I had goosebumps. I also did additional reading about where specifically the money is going to. A really disturbing article indeed.
q7677 wrote: I'd say only one word to you: explore. There is only one thing you can be sure of: 5 or 10 years from now, you will be a very different person than you are now. That's why the best thing is to just explore and enjoy your young age. Whatever you are sure about right now, might turn out to not be your opinion a few years later. Just avoid any lifelong commitments for the next 10 years and live your life. You don't have to commit to a country or to a lifestyle or to anything. You can go to college, learn a useful trade, while in the meantime studying abroad every second semester and exploring the world. Go to countries you think are good for you and try living there. Or just use your 3 months of summer and 1 month of winter to explore, while in college.
Or postpone college for next year, earn/save a few thousand dollars(shouldn't be hard if you live with your family and have no expenses) and go traveling, learn a language while abroad and explore. The world is in front of you.
Well you see I'm very determined on not staying here for long (3-4 years). Where that is exactly I'm not so sure. Its the reason why I opened this thread to find out where people like it most but there's so many sites saying different things, both positive and negative about certain countries, that its really hard to determine which is most viable. Money is tight for me right now so my best bet would be going to a university. The threads here on HA have more cohesion than any other site IMO.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Venetienzo wrote:
Jester wrote: You went nice places in Mexico, as you say. And the girls are good-looking. And you prefer dark-skinned women. But you "wouldn't want to move there". Why not??

Just a personal preference. I just find Italian and Arabians more attractive than I do Mexican women. Plus I just find Europe more interesting and rich with architecture.
Hmm. Seems like you like the narrow waist / wide hips / eyelashes Mediterranean look. Yeah, me too!

Wherever you end up, don't put down roots till you see Malta.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Venetienzo wrote:
zboy1 wrote:The only service that I would think about joining is the U.S. Air Force. I served 4+ years in the USAF, and I can say it wasn't a bad experience. But, I joined before 9/11, and things have really changed since then...for the worse. If you do join the USAF, make sure your occupation doesn't involve front-line duty or combat.

The best jobs I can think of is 1)language interpreter 2) any medical job 3)Communications & Computer Systems (Could translate into any kind of IT job at minimum.) 4) Civil Engineering (Anything from a plumber to electrician to HVAC guy.) 5) Visual Information (Would be working in the photo lab or in the TV studio. Get out and become a photographer, videographer/cameraman.)

I just read something very disturbing about the US and its future so maybe I'm going withhold from joining any type of US Government. Maybe I'll try to get into a university and just study abroad somewhere else and vouch for a visa.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e25166.htm

I did a little research on this article and some reference points and they're all credible so much so in fact when I was reading it I had goosebumps. I also did additional reading about where specifically the money is going to. A really disturbing article indeed.
q7677 wrote: I'd say only one word to you: explore. There is only one thing you can be sure of: 5 or 10 years from now, you will be a very different person than you are now. That's why the best thing is to just explore and enjoy your young age. Whatever you are sure about right now, might turn out to not be your opinion a few years later. Just avoid any lifelong commitments for the next 10 years and live your life. You don't have to commit to a country or to a lifestyle or to anything. You can go to college, learn a useful trade, while in the meantime studying abroad every second semester and exploring the world. Go to countries you think are good for you and try living there. Or just use your 3 months of summer and 1 month of winter to explore, while in college.
Well you see I'm very determined on not staying here for long (3-4 years). Where that is exactly I'm not so sure. Its the reason why I opened this thread to find out where people like it most but there's so many sites saying different things, both positive and negative about certain countries, that its really hard to determine which is most viable. Money is tight for me right now so my best bet would be going to a university. The threads here on HA have more cohesion than any other site IMO.
I really liked ZBoy's suggestions on how to maximize benefit from USAF.

But if you are ready to chuck the US entirely - as many of us are - then nevermind that, I suppose.

University works, just get the major right, so you will be eligible for work and residency.

Another option - don't know if it was already mentioned above? - is teaching English. This would give you opportunity to size up one or more countries, time to learn the local language before too deep into university courses, and immediate income to make you somewhat independent.

BTW, Ladislav has a book out about TEFL. Send him a PM if you're interested.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I think Israel or Lebanon would be perfect for you, possibly even Turkey.
I think not because it is not easy ( or damn near impossible) to date Jews or Arabs unless you yourself are Jewish or Arab. And even then they prefer the same citizenship or region. None of those Middle Eastern countries are good for a foreign guy.

The same goes about the entire Mediterranean region. Anywhere where people belong to a darker Caucausian race are good for women, not men. There are anecdotal exceptions to the rule but the general tendency still holds.

We have to be mindful of discrimination in foreign countries and even getting arrested.

Mixed Latin American countries- Panama, the DR, the Philippines. East Slavic countries if you don't mind the cold and the visa thing are where it's at for you.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Don't join the military. You don't have any skills so you will not get the base that you want. I joined as an officer with a highly sought after degree. So I got what I wanted as far as bases (I found out later that many others in my career field did not get what they want, however, so maybe I just got lucky). Also, the AF is very female-dominated and the hours are now long and you are worked very hard. And I'm in the easiest/best branch, supposedly. I wouldn't advise anyone to join the military these days and I will be leaving when my contract runs out.

I think you should start a business. Yes, it is risky, but you stand to end up with the biggest rewards. Unless you like it, engineering will be boring. And you will always be tied down to a job (you will not have freedom). With a business, if you do your research, you can automate it and/or control it from home on your computer.

But I'm biased. I find building businesses to be fun and exciting. :D
Venetienzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Venetienzo »

I'm probably just going to aim for somewhere in medicine or finance/economics. Engineering has some areas I'm interested but not a whole lot for me to pursue it.

Also what do you guys think of this article?

http://www.bestofsicily.com/mag/art99.htm

It seems like feminism is spreading like a plague. Even Italian men want out. So much for Italy :(

ladislav wrote: I think not because it is not easy ( or damn near impossible) to date Jews or Arabs unless you yourself are Jewish or Arab. And even then they prefer the same citizenship or region. None of those Middle Eastern countries are good for a foreign guy.

The same goes about the entire Mediterranean region. Anywhere where people belong to a darker Caucausian race are good for women, not men. There are anecdotal exceptions to the rule but the general tendency still holds.

We have to be mindful of discrimination in foreign countries and even getting arrested.

Mixed Latin American countries- Panama, the DR, the Philippines. East Slavic countries if you don't mind the cold and the visa thing are where it's at for you.

f***ing hell! Its ok for them to get at women from our countries but when it comes to theirs its off limits. Makes me wanna try even harder.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Venetienzo wrote:I'm probably just going to aim for somewhere in medicine or finance/economics. Engineering has some areas I'm interested but not a whole lot for me to pursue it.

Also what do you guys think of this article?

http://www.bestofsicily.com/mag/art99.htm

It seems like feminism is spreading like a plague. Even Italian men want out. So much for Italy :(

ladislav wrote: I think not because it is not easy ( or damn near impossible) to date Jews or Arabs unless you yourself are Jewish or Arab. And even then they prefer the same citizenship or region. None of those Middle Eastern countries are good for a foreign guy.

f***ing hell! Its ok for them to get at women from our countries but when it comes to theirs its off limits. Makes me wanna try even harder.
Feminism is everywhere, man. We live in a global network. Unless the girl is dirt poor, she will have access to American media. What matters is whether or not the culture allows it to thrive in their country. Luckily, there are still countries out there that don't put up with that bullshit.

As far as Israel goes, based on my limited experience there, I think it's possible to be a non-Jew and still get girls. You will probably have to convert if you want to get married though.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Well, I'm glad I read the whole thread before replying to you.

If "money is tight" you need a job, not being a poor student! I don't think you should join the military as you'll no doubt be forced to kill menfrom Syria, Iran, etc. in the next few years...

I personally would work until I've saved up enough for a Contiki tour around Europe and see where you like best, then move there in a few years time. Who knows where you'll end up?
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Venetienzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Venetienzo »

polya wrote:Well, I'm glad I read the whole thread before replying to you.

If "money is tight" you need a job, not being a poor student! I don't think you should join the military as you'll no doubt be forced to kill menfrom Syria, Iran, etc. in the next few years...

I personally would work until I've saved up enough for a Contiki tour around Europe and see where you like best, then move there in a few years time. Who knows where you'll end up?

Exactly why I don't want to join the military. The US will be going down the shit hole within 1-2 years with the US Dollar on the brink of collapse. Joining the military might just make you stuck. At this point I don't really care about making it to Europe but rather just making it out of America. I don't want to be here when things start to get bad. So its either Canada or Mexico.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

Venetienzo wrote:
Jester wrote:P.S. Kind of off-topic, but NEVER trust a military recruiter. They lie like drug addicts. If you consider that path, get all offers in writing, and always bring along the oldest, meanest, most cynical guy you know when you talk to them. If they won't make promises in writing (they used to, I don't know about nowadays), then f**k 'em.
Thanks for that. I have a marine recruiter who keeps pressing me about joining and all the benefits that come with being a marine. I felt like there were things he wasn't telling me.
Ya think..?

If you're considering the military, take the Air Force advice given. The day to day quality of life & training make the rest look sick. Plus you're often stationed in a large city.