Going to Dominican Republic

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Going to Dominican Republic

Post by Dark_Sol »

Going to the Dominican Republic next month and need a few answers.
1. Which area should I go? Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo, etc, etc? which is cheaper for cost of living.
2. What is a good site to find Apartments? Searching Craigslist right now
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Puerto Plata is fun. Nice looking women, nice beaches, but too many tourists. I would choose Puerto Plata over Santo Domingo, though. Too much crime and people in the capital city for my liking.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Going to Dominican Republic

Post by Rock »

Dark_Sol wrote:Going to the Dominican Republic next month and need a few answers.
1. Which area should I go? Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo, etc, etc? which is cheaper for cost of living.
2. What is a good site to find Apartments? Searching Craigslist right now
Where should you go??? What specifically are you looking for other than cheaper cost of living? I would say budget end of both places is similar in terms of cost so it boils down to other factors.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

Well, like I tell people around me. Women, cigars, alcohol and exploring is what I enjoy. Right now I am searching the net for apartments or rooms for rent and cost, that is my main concerns. Don't want to end up like in Ethiopia, spending to much money on hotels until I found an apartment.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Dark_Sol wrote:Well, like I tell people around me. Women, cigars, alcohol and exploring is what I enjoy. Right now I am searching the net for apartments or rooms for rent and cost, that is my main concerns. Don't want to end up like in Ethiopia, spending to much money on hotels until I found an apartment.
I know a nice place in great local in SD for just 1,200 pesos a day (cable, Internet, A/C, clean) until u find an apartment. That works out to 36,000 or about $850 a month.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

Rock wrote:
Dark_Sol wrote:Well, like I tell people around me. Women, cigars, alcohol and exploring is what I enjoy. Right now I am searching the net for apartments or rooms for rent and cost, that is my main concerns. Don't want to end up like in Ethiopia, spending to much money on hotels until I found an apartment.
I know a nice place in great local in SD for just 1,200 pesos a day (cable, Internet, A/C, clean) until u find an apartment. That works out to 36,000 or about $850 a month.
Well, got my ticket for cheap, almost $400. Gonna land in Puerto Plata. Aug 6, boots on the ground, yeah baby. 8)
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

zboy1 wrote:Puerto Plata is fun. Nice looking women, nice beaches, but too many tourists. I would choose Puerto Plata over Santo Domingo, though. Too much crime and people in the capital city for my liking.
Necesitas aprender espanol muy bien pa que te podrías andar con cuidado y sin problema en la capital STO DGO. Hay ladrones, brujos, pillones, y ademas hay matones hacia eso parte de la RD.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Dark_Sol wrote:
Rock wrote:
Well, got my ticket for cheap, almost $400. Gonna land in Puerto Plata. Aug 6, boots on the ground, yeah baby. 8)
Yeah miminal or bad Spanish with a wallet full of Plata for that Puerto will suffice for you. Ethiopia and now DR. Oooooo wee estoy muy celoso. lol
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

E Irizarry, when I get there. I'll drink a bottle of Cuban rum for you. All of it in an hour. See what the f**k happens to me. Be like Thailand and Ethiopia, end up in a hotel with a sexy lady.
P.S that is a freaky picture.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Dark_Sol wrote:E Irizarry, when I get there. I'll drink a bottle of Cuban rum for you. All of it in an hour. See what the f**k happens to me. Be like Thailand and Ethiopia, end up in a hotel with a sexy lady.
P.S that is a freaky picture.
Oh hell to the no. You are probably a smooth-talking giant and s.hit (when ya get tipsy off of Cuban rum like that).
Foreign languages do flow easier whilst in a tipsy or drunken state. Less inhibitions I guess.