Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Post by Maverick »

After seeing a lot of talk about race on here, I started thinking about this. I'm a short white guy. Oftentimes, I've been envious of tall guys even if they are of another race. For instance, overall, I would rather be a 6'0 Asian guy than a 5'6 white guy (that's not to say I don't like myself because I do.....but I wouldn't mind this trade-off lol).

I have a couple reasons for this:

1) In the US, blatant racism has become very taboo. While I do see it when people are drunk, I never see it in day-to-day life. Blatant heightism against men seems to actually be encouraged. Literally every day, I see a new post on Facebook either from a girl (saying something like "I hate short guys") or from a guy talking about how much it would suck to be short. I see people making fun of other people's height at work (never happened to me....that I know of, anyway). There are TV shows that make fun of short guys.

2) If you're black, Asian, or whatever, you could go to other parts of the world and be seen in a positive light (at times in a more positive light than white people). From my understanding, short guys are looked down upon (no pun intended lol) in all societies and it's basically a trait that is a universal negative.

I do agree that non-whites might have it tougher than short guys in the US (and I place a STRONG emphasis on "might" because I believe that we have similar difficulties).

Thoughts?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Good thread, Maverick. I would have to say, based on my observations, that tall non-White men have it over short White men--most of the time, but not always. Depends on which country you're talking about and how short the White male is.

In general, I agree that short guys have a tough time getting women, no matter the race of the person, whereas lets say...tall Asian or Black men will at least have that exotic factor working for them. But, in places where non-White men are discriminated against and looked-down upon, than I think short White men have the advantage there...
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Middle eastern and mixed black guys actually seem to do better than white guys from what I've seen.

I'd still rather be white and 5'6" than Asian and 6'0" though.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

A black guy who is 6'0 will trump a white guy who is short almost any time.

Most women who won't date black guys or Asians will also refuse to date short white guys.

I would say that overall being short is worse than being tall, good looking and black.

At least if you're black you can pull the race card, but a short white guy has no card to pull at all...he is expected to just clench his teeth and suck it up, and people can ridicule and make fun if him all they like.

Exposing heightism:

https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

You would never see people publicly making fun of blacks in that same way, because people would abuse them. But for short men it's okay to make them the butt of jokes without being politically incorrect.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Voice of Reason wrote:A black guy who is 6'0 will trump a white guy who is short almost any time.

Most women who won't date black guys or Asians will also refuse to date short white guys.

I would say that overall being short is worse than being tall, good looking and black.

At least if you're black you can pull the race card, but a short white guy has no card to pull at all...he is expected to just clench his teeth and suck it up, and people can ridicule and make fun if him all they like.

Exposing heightism:

https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

You would never see people publicly making fun of blacks in that same way, because people would abuse them. But for short men it's okay to make them the butt of jokes without being politically incorrect.
Yes, exactly!

This is the major reason why I don't give a shit about men getting their rights back in the US. Because there's no possible way that both being a man AND being short will be acceptable in my lifetime. Even worse that I grew up with 2 younger brothers that BOTH grew to be 6 feet (now tell me how the f**k that happened).

I've seen that twitter account before. My Facebook newsfeed is similar lol.

This is also part of the reason why I plan on staying away from northern China. I've also heard that South America is becoming more heightist as well (I've heard mixed things about this).

Girls from the Philippines don't seem to care though. I'm probably around average height there anyway lol. So that's a major factor in my wanting to head out there.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I'm a bit taller than you Maverick and asian. :lol: I think what matters the most is other stuff like facial features and body shape. I've seen many tall goofy looking beanpoles who get no women at all too. Tom Cruise is like 5'6". Mark Wahlberg 5'8" or so. There are a lot of really successful short guys and quite a few are movie stars.

I think being white is just the standard in America. That doesn't mean I think you have advantages in the U.S. it just means you aren't disadvantaged in various ways like most minorities. For example if you went to the Philippines or Latin America you'd certainly be advantaged in many ways. But in the U.S. it just means you're normal and you can fit in just about anywhere in the country.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

It's worse to be short.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

My Chinese-American friend and I were talking about this. We definitely would not trade our height to be another race but with a shorter height. I think race you can play with, but height is like a knell.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

theprimebait
Junior Poster

Re: Is it Worse to be Non-White or Short?

Post by theprimebait »

Maverick wrote:After seeing a lot of talk about race on here, I started thinking about this. I'm a short white guy. Oftentimes, I've been envious of tall guys even if they are of another race. For instance, overall, I would rather be a 6'0 Asian guy than a 5'6 white guy (that's not to say I don't like myself because I do.....but I wouldn't mind this trade-off lol).

I have a couple reasons for this:

1) In the US, blatant racism has become very taboo. While I do see it when people are drunk, I never see it in day-to-day life. Blatant heightism against men seems to actually be encouraged. Literally every day, I see a new post on Facebook either from a girl (saying something like "I hate short guys") or from a guy talking about how much it would suck to be short. I see people making fun of other people's height at work (never happened to me....that I know of, anyway). There are TV shows that make fun of short guys.

2) If you're black, Asian, or whatever, you could go to other parts of the world and be seen in a positive light (at times in a more positive light than white people). From my understanding, short guys are looked down upon (no pun intended lol) in all societies and it's basically a trait that is a universal negative.

I do agree that non-whites might have it tougher than short guys in the US (and I place a STRONG emphasis on "might" because I believe that we have similar difficulties).

Thoughts?
short.

5'7 is the cut off.anything above that is average height,not short.

as white guy you can go to Peru,mexico,bolivia or alot of places like brazil(average height is 5'7 in brazil)and be average height.plus be worshipped for your white skin.

also if you have a cute face,5'7 isn't a bad height.I know a colombian neighbour (looks like Chris brown)who has tons of hot latinas swooning over him he always brings one home to f**k.he is about 5'2.He goes for girls of his own ethnicity and they are shorter.problem solved.some are longer than him.

in the U.S.A you as a short white guy can get latinas and asians,maybe not white women but then youre just being Picky and entitled if thats what You demand
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

Repatriate wrote:I'm a bit taller than you Maverick and asian. :lol: I think what matters the most is other stuff like facial features and body shape. I've seen many tall goofy looking beanpoles who get no women at all too. Tom Cruise is like 5'6". Mark Wahlberg 5'8" or so. There are a lot of really successful short guys and quite a few are movie stars.

I think being white is just the standard in America. That doesn't mean I think you have advantages in the U.S. it just means you aren't disadvantaged in various ways like most minorities. For example if you went to the Philippines or Latin America you'd certainly be advantaged in many ways. But in the U.S. it just means you're normal and you can fit in just about anywhere in the country.
5'7 and above is average height,not short.tall really starts at 6 feet.the average american male is 5'8.
in brazil average height is 5'7.

and in europe it(tallness) starts at 6'2 and above.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Maverick wrote: Girls from the Philippines don't seem to care though. I'm probably around average height there anyway lol. So that's a major factor in my wanting to head out there.
Philippines has major heightism (?) issues, trust me on that. Every Filipina dreams of a tall guy. The average height for guys is 5'6-5'7 (Manila then gets shorter in provinces). I'm 6'. My cousins/uncles are also 6footers. My friends there are average 5'8 - 5'9.

Have you tried height enhancing shoes? You can gain couple inches. Have you tried stretches? There are some online so try those out.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

mguy wrote:
Maverick wrote: Girls from the Philippines don't seem to care though. I'm probably around average height there anyway lol. So that's a major factor in my wanting to head out there.
Philippines has major heightism (?) issues, trust me on that. Every Filipina dreams of a tall guy. The average height for guys is 5'6-5'7 (Manila then gets shorter in provinces). I'm 6'. My cousins/uncles are also 6footers. My friends there are average 5'8 - 5'9.

Have you tried height enhancing shoes? You can gain couple inches. Have you tried stretches? There are some online so try those out.
Yes, stretching doesn't really help all that much. I'm in pretty good shape and stretch often (before and after working out).

I do wear height enhancing shoes that bring me up to about 5'8. Still though, having to wear those all the time and plan around it is a pain in the ass.

Before finding this site, I seriously considered leg lengthening surgery, but decided against it when going overseas became an option (due to the cost, time, and pain involved).

If Philippines has heightism issues, then there is no country in the world that won't have it, which is quite depressing.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Jesus, what is it with white men denying racism. I'm about 6ft 2 muscular handsome black men and I can't pull worth shit because girls here want some wannabe country guy. Being white in general will get you ahead of everybody regardless of your height.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Jesus, what is it with white men denying racism. I'm about 6ft 2 muscular handsome black men and I can't pull worth shit because girls here want some wannabe country guy. Being white in general will get you ahead of everybody regardless of your height.
Those same women who reject you would probably also reject all white men who are not a certain height.

Height gives you numerous opportunities, with women who wouldn't even give the time of day to a man who doesn't reach her height criteria.

As another poster said, overall, it is worse to be short.
ChosenTraveler
Freshman Poster

Post by ChosenTraveler »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Jesus, what is it with white men denying racism. I'm about 6ft 2 muscular handsome black men and I can't pull worth shit because girls here want some wannabe country guy. Being white in general will get you ahead of everybody regardless of your height.

Well, it's in their nature.
"Never forget that intelligence rules the world and ignorance carries the burden."- Marcus Garvey

http://exiledpharaoh.blogspot.com