What's the point in living past 50 or 60?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

My father thoroughly enjoyed the ages of 83 to 95. He was sharp until the very end, lifted weights a couple times a week in his 90s. And he didn't turn around some bad health habits until he was 65.

He used to whine a lot about getting older when he was around 50. Then he came to terms with it, then changed his health habits, and ended up enjoying his last thirty years more than any other time of life. But you have to be a person who's willing to grow and preserve your health.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

gsjackson wrote:
Rock wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Rock wrote:
theprimebait wrote:if you eat right you can look in your 20's well into your 70s.

For example, I watched just one of your vids so far, that 50 year old Markus guy. I gotta say, he's delusional if he thinks people will doubt his age. Just look at his loose sagging neck. It looks like the neck of someone pushing 55 or 60!
I'd say you've got some pretty tough neck standards. In Markus's case, I definitely don't think it would be a dealbreaker to the young female eye. He can pass easily for 30s, IMO.

It's actually kind of amazing to me that he can eat that raw vegan diet and not appear emaciated. Apparently plants are a pretty adequate source of protein. If you want to keep your health -- in which case 50 and 60 will be just as good as any other age -- at the very least you should eat raw vegetables and fruit regularly to keep the alkaline-acidic balance in your body right.
Come-on, you've gotta be kidding. That guy doesn't look exceptional for his age. If you want an example of someone who looked good at 50, think more along the lines of Denzel Washington. He had thick smooth and almost wrinkle free skin, even in the eyelid area and a taut neck with no banding or rings. Another example of someone who looked quite youthful at around 50 is Tom Hanks. Both of those guys could pass for anywhere from mid-30s to early 40s at that point in their lives. But even in Hollywood, they are exceptional cases.

This Markus guy looks around his age. As I said, the weakest link in the picture is usually what an astute eye uses to gauge age.
Guess we'll just disagree, as I was thinking how much Hanks had aged when he was around 50. And your avatar's body is utterly sexless to me. People looking through the same human organ can see completely different things.

Which brings me to your last point. I don't think the young female eye is particularly astute in this regard. I think they see a gestalt -- a seamless whole -- and it has a lot to do with the preconceived notions they bring. I'm kind of grateful to Clooney -- whom you've noted before as not aging particularly well -- because he seems to have helped established a new archetype that the young babes can get their tiny minds around and deem acceptable -- the older guy who's still got it going on. You're sunk with American women if you're actually a distinctive individual. You need to fit into one of their preconceived categories -- bad boy, boy next door, artsy farty, etc. I really think Clooney is helping make the decent looking older guy an acceptable category in the US.
1. My bad about Tom Hanks. I had erroneously thought he was late 40s in Forrest Gump when he was really just 37 or 38. It's really hard to look youthful at 50, even for a Hollywood star.

2. I wouldn't say George Clooney is necessarily aging badly in the sense that he still looked attractive to many at 50. But he looked at least his age then if not more I believe. Perhaps part if it has to do with letting his hair become increasingly grey.

3. I'm not really sure about how good American girls are at judging age. But I've been surprised at how good some Asian girls can be at it.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Another one of these brain dead post... All of my grandparents lived to be well over 90 and my step father is in his late 70's.

Whatever, these silly post... I'm going to start ignoring them altogether.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Here's the thing...you can slow the aging process but you'll never win. So accept that one day YOU WILL GET OLD. If 50 is old to you then that's when you're old. I didn't think I'd make it to 30, much less 40, so I'm happy making it to 50.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Rock wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Rock wrote:
theprimebait wrote:if you eat right you can look in your 20's well into your 70s.

For example, I watched just one of your vids so far, that 50 year old Markus guy. I gotta say, he's delusional if he thinks people will doubt his age. Just look at his loose sagging neck. It looks like the neck of someone pushing 55 or 60!
I'd say you've got some pretty tough neck standards. In Markus's case, I definitely don't think it would be a dealbreaker to the young female eye. He can pass easily for 30s, IMO.

It's actually kind of amazing to me that he can eat that raw vegan diet and not appear emaciated. Apparently plants are a pretty adequate source of protein. If you want to keep your health -- in which case 50 and 60 will be just as good as any other age -- at the very least you should eat raw vegetables and fruit regularly to keep the alkaline-acidic balance in your body right.
Come-on, you've gotta be kidding. That guy doesn't look exceptional for his age. If you want an example of someone who looked good at 50, think more along the lines of Denzel Washington. He had thick smooth and almost wrinkle free skin, even in the eyelid area and a taut neck with no banding or rings. Another example of someone who looked quite youthful at around 50 is Tom Hanks. Both of those guys could pass for anywhere from mid-30s to early 40s at that point in their lives. But even in Hollywood, they are exceptional cases.

This Markus guy looks around his age. As I said, the weakest link in the picture is usually what an astute eye uses to gauge age.
I think the Markus guy looks incredibly good for an everyday 50 year old. He would not look out of place hanging out with a bunch of people in their late 20's/ early 30s.

Like i said above, a lot of 80's brat packers look great: Kevin Bacon, John Stamos, Robert Downey Jr, Rob Lowe. All these guys do not look all that old.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

celery2010 wrote:
Rock wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Rock wrote:

I think the Markus guy looks incredibly good for an everyday 50 year old. He would not look out of place hanging out with a bunch of people in their late 20's/ early 30s.

Like i said above, a lot of 80's brat packers look great: Kevin Bacon, John Stamos, Robert Downey Jr, Rob Lowe. All these guys do not look all that old.
I've met both anamericaninbangkok and Ladislav in person. Both have publicly shared their age to be over 50 here. And to my eyes, both look younger than this Markus guy. Markus has a loose saggy neck, popcorn candy hair (which can be worse than a fashionably shaved bald style), and seems to try to hard to act 'young'.

BTW, another young looking 50 year old is the guy who got his ass whopped by Epic Beard Man. Go to 8:00 on the following vid to see the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TxOK7yJudE
Last edited by Rock on August 7th, 2013, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Rock wrote:
Well I like to watch people and I have yet to see anything like that. Let's be real. If you are genetically gifted, and take magnificent care of yourself in every way, it's possible to look 20s when you are 40s and perhaps 30s when you are 50s. Even cosmetic surgery can't do much to change that limitation.

The thing is, when the signs are ambiguous, people tend to zero in on the areas where you look oldest and pretty much use that to gauge you.

But I have seen some exceptionally young looking 50 years olds. They could maybe pass for mid to late 30s. That's about as far as it goes, maybe early 30s for very exceptional cases.
This is true, but Asians (and other people with melanin) can add another decade onto that, meaning you can often go three decades. This 70 year old black lady looks 45 and is yes, sexually attractive (gasp!!) See the youtube video-- her husband looks his age and says that when they go out into public, they think that she's his daughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GDmcAU7U4Y
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

celery2010 wrote:
Rock wrote:
Well I like to watch people and I have yet to see anything like that. Let's be real. If you are genetically gifted, and take magnificent care of yourself in every way, it's possible to look 20s when you are 40s and perhaps 30s when you are 50s. Even cosmetic surgery can't do much to change that limitation.

The thing is, when the signs are ambiguous, people tend to zero in on the areas where you look oldest and pretty much use that to gauge you.

But I have seen some exceptionally young looking 50 years olds. They could maybe pass for mid to late 30s. That's about as far as it goes, maybe early 30s for very exceptional cases.
This is true, but Asians (and other people with melanin) can add another decade onto that, meaning you can often go three decades. This 70 year old black lady looks 45 and is yes, sexually attractive (gasp!!) See the youtube video-- her husband looks his age and says that when they go out into public, they think that she's his daughter.

Yes I've seen this vid before and the lady is impressive. But I suspect if u met her in person and analyzed her face, neck, and body up close, you would still gauge her age at no less than late 50s or more. I highly doubt she would credibly pass for under early to mid 50s at best up close.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

celery2010 wrote:
Rock wrote:

O speaking of Epic Beard Man (aka Vietnam Tom), I gotta say that for 67, he looks pretty good too. Moreover, it's very inspiring to see a guy his age punch like that and in the subsequent interviews display such youthful vigor and bravado (I'll Vietnam his ass, etc.).
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

go to 11:10.the Two turkish brothers sitting by the farm.

those guys look good for their age.I doubt they would have problems banging young women.I bet with a skin care regime they could look even better.women like silver hair,btw.

age is just a number.

Being handsome is what matters.at any age.

I can't wait to be old.i'll be more rugged and robust.I will hopefully have a full head of aesthetic silver/black hair.Tanned skin.like those guy above.some men do look more masculine as they age.

find the more pale the more harsh you age.also skin thinness has alot to do with it.

Thick skinned people age better.the skin won't sag as severe.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

theprimebait wrote:

go to 11:10.the Two turkish brothers sitting by the farm.

those guys look good for their age.I doubt they would have problems banging young women.I bet with a skin care regime they could look even better.women like silver hair,btw.

age is just a number.

Being handsome is what matters.at any age.

I can't wait to be old.i'll be more rugged and robust.I will hopefully have a full head of aesthetic silver/black hair.Tanned skin.like those guy above.some men do look more masculine as they age.

find the more pale the more harsh you age.also skin thinness has alot to do with it.

Thick skinned people age better.the skin won't sag as severe.
You feel this way now. Once you get older and start understanding exactly what it means to age, you'll wish you could be young again, at least physically.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

I'm already feeling the effects of age now at 26. Energy levels are down. Don't get aroused that easily anymore.

Being in high school was just better all around. Rock hard boners throughout the day without even trying. No real responsibilities. Everything was new and exciting.

The only fun thing about getting older is watching all my peers decline physically. The guys are all balding. The girls are have all lost that youthful glow and sporting crow's feet. Almost everyone has gotten fatter.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Jeremy wrote:I'm already feeling the effects of age now at 26. Energy levels are down. Don't get aroused that easily anymore.

Being in high school was just better all around. Rock hard boners throughout the day without even trying. No real responsibilities. Everything was new and exciting.

The only fun thing about getting older is watching all my peers decline physically. The guys are all balding. The girls are have all lost that youthful glow and sporting crow's feet. Almost everyone has gotten fatter.
If you've got problems like these at 26, you're going to be miserable at 50. I didn't start feeling much of a difference in my hard-ons until I was in my early 40's.

Go get your testosterone checked - it might be low. I get testosterone shots every three weeks and I feel fine, other than the pains of some of my more serious injuries.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Here is another one as a awesome looking bangable milf at the age of 42

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/35104116/ ... 31_030.JPG

20 years later
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mich ... Lg6pGl.jpg

This proves age isn't JUST a number, 20 years can make big difference ...if you think about it she didn't change much from 20s to early 40...at 42 she was still hot looking woman....but 20 years on you wouldn't wanna touch her

I don't know how she feels now when she looks at these photos and then looks at herself in da mirror.

You got to live it to the max while you are still young