What do you all do for a living?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

C.J. wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Have you ever heard of MATHLAB? I cannot believe it's actually OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING FOR CALCULUS, ALGEBRA, AND TRIG. Fuc.king amazing.
Yeah, never really dove into it though. Didn't seem to help me accomplish any of my programming-related goals.
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Let me know what's up. I work on music too. I do my own mastering, EQing, editing, looping, track freezing, producing, songwriting, arranging, et. al.
Cool. I'm trying to write more engaging music. Various Japanese composers and Detroit techno works have helped inspire me to dissect their beats, chord progressions and arranging techniques. Now I can recognize how songwriters accomplish their desired sound, just by listening to a song. That's what I want to base my own songwriting style on - familiar yet engaging techno beats, melty bass tones and dreamy R&B progressions, however it seems that I only get pop, country and gospel ideas from above. :/
You want to get ideas of chord progressions in techno, wobble bass lines, and dreamy/ambient/atmospheric R&B chords?? F.ucking download Catanya, which is a VST plugin. You may thank me later. I use it for my track productions every now and then.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

ESL teacher, teacher trainer, also sell e-books and some of my art. Get some royalties for prints. Then, I do translation and editing work.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Military Medical Officer.

Hopeful Entrepreneur. ;)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 6th, 2020, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Maverick wrote:Military Medical Officer.

Hopeful Entrepreneur. ;)
Hey, my cousin's in that line of work. :)
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

Hero wrote:Wow, I'm surprised that there are so many college students and recent graduates here. Usually guys don't figure out that they'd be happier abroad until they're in their 40s or later.
for me, my immigrant background, not being able to fit in amongst americans, and the girl on my avatar were the things that made me see I'll be better off leaving the US. but yes, young people are starting to figure it out because shit keeps getting worse and worse.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Hero wrote:Wow, I'm surprised that there are so many college students and recent graduates here. Usually guys don't figure out that they'd be happier abroad until they're in their 40s or later.
It only took me the first few days of uni to realize the game here is unwinnable.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Hero wrote:
Maverick wrote:Military Medical Officer.

Hopeful Entrepreneur. ;)
Hey, my cousin's in that line of work. :)
That's funny. Maybe we know each other. :P
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

I'm in my mid-20s and not too far off from college.

I think this has changed for a few reasons:

1) The internet and realization that there are other options out there.

2) The god-awful stories from MANY formerly married men and the laws that caused these stories.

3) The difficulty in finding a woman in west that is suitable for marriage.

I believe that if any young guy here wants to get laid consistently, all he has to do is get into PUA and follow their teachings. It does work very well for one night stands and short term flings. But, as many have said here, you don't want to have to game your long term girlfriend or wife until the day you die.

I truly believe that more and more men will be waking up to this. I already know a guy slightly older than me (late 20's) that moved to Thailand and married a girl there. Also, this is big in the military, as MANY guys are bringing wives back or intentionally getting stationed in other countries with the intention of meeting a foreign wife.

Eventually, I think that this will be as mainstream as PUA became, which is a good thing, since it may lead to western women re-examining their behavior. Unfortunately, I have seen evidence from talking to girls in other countries that they are also becoming westernized. But that's a topic for another thread. :D
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
C.J. wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Have you ever heard of MATHLAB? I cannot believe it's actually OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING FOR CALCULUS, ALGEBRA, AND TRIG. Fuc.king amazing.
Yeah, never really dove into it though. Didn't seem to help me accomplish any of my programming-related goals.
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Let me know what's up. I work on music too. I do my own mastering, EQing, editing, looping, track freezing, producing, songwriting, arranging, et. al.
Cool. I'm trying to write more engaging music. Various Japanese composers and Detroit techno works have helped inspire me to dissect their beats, chord progressions and arranging techniques. Now I can recognize how songwriters accomplish their desired sound, just by listening to a song. That's what I want to base my own songwriting style on - familiar yet engaging techno beats, melty bass tones and dreamy R&B progressions, however it seems that I only get pop, country and gospel ideas from above. :/
You want to get ideas of chord progressions in techno, wobble bass lines, and dreamy/ambient/atmospheric R&B chords?? F.ucking download Catanya, which is a VST plugin. You may thank me later. I use it for my track productions every now and then.
Curious, what type of platform are you using for your recording software?? I'm also a musician/guitarist/songwriter but have never done my own recording/mixing. I'm on the market for a new laptop and keep hearing about the obvious perks of using a MacBook, but also hearing about good recording software alternatives for the PC route.