I got my assignment changed in China!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

I got my assignment changed in China!

Post by zboy1 »

I'm excited my assignment got changed from being put in a nowhere place like in Ping An village, Southern China to a big city in Jinhua City, Zhe Jiang province.

I think that would fit me a lot better than being stationed in a rural backwater like I was originally supposed to go...Does anyone no anything about the place...?

It looks like a pretty big city.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Ghost wrote:Do you know how many people are in the city? I think living in a Chinese village would be rough.

Looks like you are almost exactly directly south of where I am! A few provinces away.

Are you still leaving at the same time? How did your assignment get changed? Did you use a recruiting agency?
I'm leaving for China on the last week of August. I am using a recruiting agency. I asked for a change because I prefer living in a city, rather than in a village.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

zboy1 wrote:
Ghost wrote:Do you know how many people are in the city? I think living in a Chinese village would be rough.

Looks like you are almost exactly directly south of where I am! A few provinces away.

Are you still leaving at the same time? How did your assignment get changed? Did you use a recruiting agency?
I'm leaving for China on the last week of August. I am using a recruiting agency. I asked for a change because I prefer living in a city, rather than in a village.
Good luck to both of you guys. Let us know how things go for you. I am sure the dating scene and social scene has to be better in China than it is here in the USA.

America has one of the worst dating and social scenes for men in the entire world. I am sure things HAVE to be better in China. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Re: I got my assignment changed in China!

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:I'm excited my assignment got changed from being put in a nowhere place like in Ping An village, Southern China to a big city in Jinhua City, Zhe Jiang province.

I think that would fit me a lot better than being stationed in a rural backwater like I was originally supposed to go...Does anyone no anything about the place...?

It looks like a pretty big city.
Zhejiang is right below Shanghai. Anytime you need some special western good or service, you are VERY close to the only few places that can facilitate that. This is a good move. I have no idea if the women there are spoiled like certain Shanghai women are, but it cannot be worst though. Any part of China is good for dating even the country side if you know what to do. Women in that area tend to be smarter and more worldly aware of stuff, so use that to your benefit. Make good use of Wechat/QQ personals/and other top tier Chinese dating sites to get the best English speaking ones, to get your dates constantly flowing. You are Asian, huge advantage, so even if you have strong Korean features, you should have no excuses! :D
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Thanks JamesBond and Kai! I expect to have a pretty good time over there, and you're right Kai, I should have no excuses with the women there...especially considering my tall height for an Asian and somewhat good looks in comparison to the average Chinese male in China...
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Congratulations. Now you can go to China and hopefully meet a Black guy tourist or something like that there and tell him the following,

"Hello, I am Korean American, and I realize that you are a Black man with a capital "B". I'm Aaayy-shun, and I know this, bro."

and you might get pwned. LOL jahahaha just kidding!!!!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Do please take many photos!

Google+ Picasaweb allows unlimited online photo storage.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Ah, damn. Never dated a Zhejiang girl.

Seems a better bet although I didn't like Shanghai too much. Well if you do go there then visit the place with the architect's model of the whole of Shanghai in it, it's absolutely incredible.

And if you go crazy in China then come here to Thailand for some much needed R&R!!!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.