Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

SilverEnergy wrote:I've been wondering this the whole tine I've been on this website.

So many guys could be making millions as an entrepreneur if they didn't spend so much of their energy complaining.

It doesn't even take a high IQ to get rich, just STREET SMARTS.

It could be a very good goal to go for many to obtain just to get back at this society, then the people including women who treated you badly, you could just get rich and then if they want to be nice to to you, tell them to f*** off.

There are ENDLESS resources on how to get rich.

If you want to get rich, hang around other rich people and imitate them instead of hanging around losers.
If getting rich is that easy why don't you do it then?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

The Professor wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:I've been wondering this the whole tine I've been on this website.

So many guys could be making millions as an entrepreneur if they didn't spend so much of their energy complaining.

It could be a very good goal to go for many to obtain just to get back at this society, then the people including women who treated you badly, you could just get rich and then if they want to be nice to to you, tell them to f*** off.

If you want to get rich, hang around other rich people and imitate them instead of hanging around losers.
I am....
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

SilverEnergy wrote:
The Professor wrote:

I am....
You're already rich or you're trying?
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

The Professor wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
The Professor wrote:

I am....
You're already rich or you're trying?
Trying with good progress and more headway than most on this website.

It's about mindset, if you can believe you can do it.

Most don't have the wherewithal and the drive to make it happen.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

I'm currently trading FOREX full time. Finally got the hang of it after 5 years or so practicing with real money. Never did demo because I felt that using dummy money would deprive me of the challenge of dealing with the emotional obstacles that come with it, and not to mention missing out on the profits made with each successful trade.

Sold my apartment, currently waiting for the bank to release my money which will be soon. Once my trading goes to full drive I anticipate my portfolio to expand threefold every year. I'm hopefully going to be rich in a few years time but in the meantime, I'm going to be frugal as heck with my savings.
Last edited by Rayn on August 16th, 2013, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

SilverEnergy wrote:Trying with good progress and more headway than most on this website.

Well, this is my mindset, as well.

As for the 'belief system', to become independently wealthy, it does depend upon a bit of early or mid-career success.

Without that, negative thinking and perhaps, always referencing failures/shortcomings, overwhelms any possibility of greater expectations.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

SilverEnergy wrote: Trying with good progress and more headway than most on this website.

:lol: Be sure to keep us posted on your progress. I understand there are various charities that allow homeless people to use the Internet for up to a hour a day.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

people are FN dopes, just what our rulers want.

They can bankrupt you today with a push of a button.
Time to Hide!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

celery2010 wrote:We all know that getting rich, powerful or famous (or better yet, all three) works for practically all men in getting women.

Even a good six figure job is enough to get some decent prospects, regardless of country. So why do some guys here not try to focus on making money rather than focusing singularly on the women?

Even when you do decide to go abroad and even to an easy country like the Philippines, the Dominican Republic or Eastern Europe, money will have a HUGE effect on the quality of women you can date. A good six figure income in a poor country is very valuable. And of course, having a lot of money would help even more. Why are more guys here not focused on this?
This is an important theme, but your premise is all wrong. Nothing works for ALL men in getting women. You have hundreds of thousands of rich men more lonely than ever. That fraud peddler Patti Stanger became rich in matchmaking rich American guys with women that are far below their the men's standards and expectations.

Second, what constitutes "rich?" A man who lives debt free and survives off his interest payments of $4000 a month is richer than a man who works for his 5 million dollar salary so he can pay his and his former wife's mortgages, his alimony payment, his child support payment, etc.

Getting women is a biological imperative for young men. Wealth creation is largely a means to that end. However, it is not easy by any stretch.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

celery2010 wrote:We all know that getting rich, powerful or famous (or better yet, all three) works for practically all men in getting women.

Even a good six figure job is enough to get some decent prospects, regardless of country. So why do some guys here not try to focus on making money rather than focusing singularly on the women?

Even when you do decide to go abroad and even to an easy country like the Philippines, the Dominican Republic or Eastern Europe, money will have a HUGE effect on the quality of women you can date. A good six figure income in a poor country is very valuable. And of course, having a lot of money would help even more. Why are more guys here not focused on this?
This is an important theme, but your premise is all wrong. Nothing works for ALL men in getting women. You have hundreds of thousands of rich men more lonely than ever. That fraud peddler Patti Stanger became rich in matchmaking rich American guys with women that are far below their the men's standards and expectations.

Second, what constitutes "rich?" A man who lives debt free and survives off his interest payments of $4000 a month is richer than a man who works for his 5 million dollar salary so he can pay his and his former wife's mortgages, his alimony payment, his child support payment, etc.

Getting women is a biological imperative for young men. Wealth creation is largely a means to that end. However, it is not easy by any stretch.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The Professor wrote:LOL. "Even a six figure job is enough." You talk like getting a six figure job is easy. Even most people with advanced degrees who work themselves nearly to death won't make that kind of money.
Just to correct your terminology here. It generally is easy to get a six figure job for the people that do. They get the right degree at the right time, have the right daddy, are the right gender and complexion, are picked out of a hat or whatever, and GovCorp hands them a six-figure job. Easy. What you meant to say was that for the average man it is not likely.

Using the term "easy" confuses the issue because it implies that some sort of skill or effort could be brought to bear to by anyone with the appropriate capacity and then, despite being hard, the job would materialize. This is not generally the case. In the world as it is, you tend to get what you are given.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Jeremy wrote: The thing about those "slacker" jobs is that just getting hired is super competitive. I've applied to hundreds like that and only got one interview. They gathered about 15 of us (all with uni degrees) in a room and asked us very in-depth questions. It felt like I was applying to MI6. There was even some mid 40's guy who'd been laid off from his banking job. Must have been a huge pride swallower for him to even be there. I didn't get called back for the next round of interviewing.
Looks like it's back to fast food for me. Minimum wage, but maximum stress.
This may or may not work for you, but you can give it a try. When I was in HS and looking for work at supermarkets and computer swap-meets, I'd tell my potential employer to "try me out for a day (or less). If you like me and how I work, please consider hiring me. If not, don't hire me."

The downside to this is that you cannot be a slacker (at least not on day 1). I got the gig by telling my first customer who didn't know how to setup his PC that, should my boss permit it, I'd personally deliver to his office and set it up for him, including installing a menu system (this was the MSDOS days) to start his programs.
Last edited by momopi on August 17th, 2013, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Cornfed wrote: The question is whether you can get an MRO job in the first place. It is not impossible without family connections, relevant experience etc. but you are taking your place in the queue with numerous others.

If anyone thinks the following reasons justify not trying to get a better job or career elsewhere, please feel free to not bother:
- lack of family connections
- not being in an "up and up" area or industry
- being in a "down and down" area or industry
- not lucky enough
- not being successful in recent past
- didn't get picked from a hat
- not part of some special ethnic group or gender
- multiple job applicants applying for the same job
- not having the right degree or experience right now
- not being in the right place at right now
- not having the right daddy
- not having the right gender
- not having the right complexion
- being an "average joe"

You can um, call those who actually went and got the gig all kinds of profanities to your heart's content.

For everyone else, note that I did not suggest you to go to a "down and down" place or industry where production and jobs are on the decline. Needless to stay, mines and wells will eventually run dry. But it's your choice to go to a boom town or stay in a bust town.

Caveat: Canadian members who wish to pursue a better paying career at Fort Mac or similar locations should be aware of the extreme temperatures and local housing issues ($!). You may need to "hot bunk" with other workers at camp and queue for showers. If you think it's kinda gay to hot bunk with beefy miners on different shifts and wait in queue to shower with a towel, the lifestyle is probably not for you. On the up side, even if you have no skills, dishwashers are paid $17.30/hr and janitor at hotels are paid $16.79/hr at Fort Mac:

http://www.fortmcmurrayonline.com/jobs/ ... i.job.aspx
http://www.fortmcmurrayonline.com/jobs/ ... r.job.aspx

...and if you have some experience as a janitor, you may qualify for $20/hr gig:

...should you advance and become a supervisor for janitor crew, the gig pays $34/hr ($70,000/year):

...and I'm sure some unnamed people will come up with all kinds of reason why the "average joe" will never get a job without family connections.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

It is hard to fathom that people still cannot see that by controlling the medium of exchange they over time control all means of the society including what type and what the pay scale is of your job.

20 years the lights have been on explaining how the whole system has be sqewed by the elite and their phony system of credit and people still do not get it.

There are alot of issues here as far as who gets what and at what rate of payment, the way the whole system is going quickly it will have nothing to do with honest qualifications and who sucks the cock of the credit monopoly best will get the best allocated resources of the planet.

Your more intelligent and gifted people are not going to fool with this con game, either you understand the system by now our you have very limited intellect and that is what our rulers want a dumb down populace who cannot think clearly to ? the foundation of our lives and what direction we are headed in the future.
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

momopi wrote:
Cornfed wrote: The question is whether you can get an MRO job in the first place. It is not impossible without family connections, relevant experience etc. but you are taking your place in the queue with numerous others.

If anyone thinks the following reasons justify not trying to get a better job or career elsewhere, please feel free to not bother:
- lack of family connections
- not being in an "up and up" area or industry
- being in a "down and down" area or industry
- not lucky enough
- not being successful in recent past
- didn't get picked from a hat
- not part of some special ethnic group or gender
- multiple job applicants applying for the same job
- not having the right degree or experience right now
- not being in the right place at right now
- not having the right daddy
- not having the right gender
- not having the right complexion
- being an "average joe"

You can um, call those who actually went and got the gig all kinds of profanities to your heart's content.

For everyone else, note that I did not suggest you to go to a "down and down" place or industry where production and jobs are on the decline. Needless to stay, mines and wells will eventually run dry. But it's your choice to go to a boom town or stay in a bust town.

Caveat: Canadian members who wish to pursue a better paying career at Fort Mac or similar locations should be aware of the extreme temperatures and local housing issues ($!). You may need to "hot bunk" with other workers at camp and queue for showers. If you think it's kinda gay to hot bunk with beefy miners on different shifts and wait in queue to shower with a towel, the lifestyle is probably not for you. On the up side, even if you have no skills, dishwashers are paid $17.30/hr and janitor at hotels are paid $16.79/hr at Fort Mac:

http://www.fortmcmurrayonline.com/jobs/ ... i.job.aspx

...and if you have some experience as a janitor, you may qualify for $20/hr gig:

...should you advance and become a supervisor for janitor crew, the gig pays $34/hr ($70,000/year):

...and I'm sure some unnamed people will come up with all kinds of reason why the "average joe" will never get a job without family connections.
So basically you have no knowledge or expertise to offer and are simply here to blame the now majority of men who are marginalized for their own marginalization. It is not enough that you are overpaid to do a ridiculous non-job nagging delinquent "programmers" not to goof off so much while they, your benefactors who are propping up the system that allows you such welfare, are doing real jobs (when they get the chance) and would be fired immediately for goofing off even once. No, you have to childishly insult them as well. Shame on you. Your parents must have been real assholes to raise you to behave in such a way.