Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

No
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 17th, 2020, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hey, the Bubonic plague killed off a third of the world's population, yet the race somehow survived. In addition to that, we survived an ice age. I wouldn't be too worried.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

If things continue as is there will be nowhere near 7 billion of us here at the end of this century, as to what happens after the great die off I have no idea but more than likely the eco system will not be even close to as diverse as it is now and probably will never rebound at all until man is gone.

I am not very optimistic because I am informed, I believe the ape grafted with technology is a bust.
Time to Hide!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Ghost wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:No
Thanks for the detailed and thought provoking response explaining your position.
"Thanks. Cool story, bro." <---- Remember that, guys?? I hate being called "bro", but I had to bring this bullsh.it up as a joke LOL
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Is the world coming to an end?

Post by HouseMD »

Ghost wrote:We really don't know the truth when it comes to the end of the world. The human race is in unknown territory. One way to look at human history is that humans started small and then expanded continually across the globe until occupying every part of it to at least some extent. This means logically that humanity either stops growing, possibly dying off after catastrophe, or continues expanding into space, where the process could in theory continue until the end of the universe.

However, space travel involving human travelers has severely declined from its glory days. Eighteen men have been as far as the moon and that's it. Human space travel now has been relegated to low earth orbit. An ambitious space program named Constellation was cancelled a few years ago, so unless the "elites" are exploring space in secret and have therefore developed the ultimate "golden parachute," then the elites are f***ed as well.

In the past, when a culture burned itself out in one way or another, it could just go colonize another part of the world. Really, that started with bands of hunter-gathers moving on to different places after taking too much food from one area. The most famous of course is the colonization of the Americas by Europeans. The difference now is that there is no where else to go except out - into space.

Humanity could just stop growing perhaps or decline in population - naturally or otherwise - and some version of modern civilization could perhaps go on until some earthly or otherworldly cause brings us to the real end. Perhaps things would decline so much and overpopulation in addition to TPTB creating economic crises that the resulting chaos would effectively kill off essentially everyone. Imagine a society of 300 million if the food, clean water, and oil disappeared overnight. It doesn't even have to be real resource depletion; it could be a TPTB manufactured crisis.

So what do you think? Is the world, in one way or another, coming to an end? If so, how and to what extent will things change?
The world isn't coming to an end. People have been predicting the end of the world since the beginning of recorded history. Everyone believes that they are born during a "special time" in history, it is a very natural and egocentric thing to do, just as we view ourselves as some special species on a special planet in the perfect place etc etc. The truth is probably closer to this:we are likely not nearly as special as we believe and that we have not been born during a "special time" in the grand scheme of both evolutionary and human history. No one wants to believe they are unimportant, however, so convincing people that now is just another time in history and there isn't some grand conspiracy or apocalypse coming is a f***ing headache for everyone that understands the much simpler truth.

http://www.economist.com/node/3490697 Here is an article on the history of people predicting the end of the world that I hope you find to be at least somewhat enlightening. There is a better one out there that I will post if I can find, which is less Christian-centric. Will there be much change before you die? Yes. Will it be the end of the world or of things as we know them? Yes and no, for the birth of the internet and explosion of technology was the end of the pre-connected world, and who knows what is to come in our future. It changed much over the past two decades, and it could be argued to be the end of the world as our ancestors knew it, but was it awful? I dare say not. Every ending is, after all, just the start of a new beginning.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Ghost wrote:There will certainly be many changes to come and change is constant as the saying goes, but that doesn't mean that next time will be the same and humanity will still be here. Given enough time, even the universe will die.

The fact is that humanity has no where else to expand except up and out. I'm merely pointing out a logical result based on humanity's expansion and failure to go out into space long term. TPTB may just be vengeful and want to destroy the human race, forever confining it to this planet until it destroys itself or until they are ready to pull the plug. When the plug is pulled on the global bankster scam, things will really change. That could mean a brighter future if TPTB are destroyed by those they have deceived and defrauded. It could also mean the death of the human race because TPTB in their rage at realizing their con cannot continue forever, pull the plug and then there could be some extinction level events let loose.

I'm not suggesting any of this will happen or even happen soon. You have control of some things in your own life, but the world stage is directed by a band of inhuman sociopaths that can manipulate on the micro and micro levels thanks to totalitarian tech. But anyone who thinks he is truly in control is just a slave on a slave ship who thinks he is the captain.
The thing is, shit probably isn't run by an organized group of anyone. Bankers don't work together, they each just manipulate the system as best as they can to their own advantage. Expecting that a group of greedy sociopaths (two traits that preclude putting other's interests above your own) would work together perfectly and in secret just doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense. And that not a single one of them would change his mind and expose then makes even less, as very few people can be unflinchingly evil for a prolonged period of time, so they would probably accidentally let someone with a conscience in at some point. And your last idea actually reinforces my point- it is impossible for anyone to be in control. Those at the top of Chinese society would likely find any Western derived plot completely out of step with their beliefs. I doubt the leaders of India would be so persuaded to join a conspiracy either, as it is unlikely one could exist that serves the leaders of all societies equally. Who would sign on to be a second class villain? No one can control the world, it is just too complicated, and anyone that attempted to do so would likely be thwarted by the other PTB.

Hopefully space gets a chance. Elon Musk really is our best hope at this point. No government is going to pay for the colonization of space, as taxpayers dont have the foresight or stamina for such a project. But if corporations can come up with a good way to get interplanetary resources and harvest them, you had better bet we will be up there within the decade. Some relatively small asteroids are estimated to contain 20 trillion dollars worth of precious metals in their cores, so it isnt as crazy as it sounds to mine them.

A little off topic, many rip humanity apart for being a massively destructive species. Personally, I think we are examining it all wrong. We are biology's greatest project, the only hope there has ever been that genes from this planet- even if they are only bacterial- might reach a new home to reproduce. We might just be the Earth's shot at interplanetary sperm, as the spreading of life has always been the driving force of evolution. Plus, when we are gone, the same thing that happens after every mass extinction will happen: there will be an explosion of life to fill all the niches we freed up.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
Ghost wrote:There will certainly be many changes to come and change is constant as the saying goes, but that doesn't mean that next time will be the same and humanity will still be here. Given enough time, even the universe will die.

The fact is that humanity has no where else to expand except up and out. I'm merely pointing out a logical result based on humanity's expansion and failure to go out into space long term. TPTB may just be vengeful and want to destroy the human race, forever confining it to this planet until it destroys itself or until they are ready to pull the plug. When the plug is pulled on the global bankster scam, things will really change. That could mean a brighter future if TPTB are destroyed by those they have deceived and defrauded. It could also mean the death of the human race because TPTB in their rage at realizing their con cannot continue forever, pull the plug and then there could be some extinction level events let loose.

I'm not suggesting any of this will happen or even happen soon. You have control of some things in your own life, but the world stage is directed by a band of inhuman sociopaths that can manipulate on the micro and micro levels thanks to totalitarian tech. But anyone who thinks he is truly in control is just a slave on a slave ship who thinks he is the captain.
The thing is, shit probably isn't run by an organized group of anyone. Bankers don't work together, they each just manipulate the system as best as they can to their own advantage. Expecting that a group of greedy sociopaths (two traits that preclude putting other's interests above your own) would work together perfectly and in secret just doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense. And that not a single one of them would change his mind and expose then makes even less, as very few people can be unflinchingly evil for a prolonged period of time, so they would probably accidentally let someone with a conscience in at some point. And your last idea actually reinforces my point- it is impossible for anyone to be in control. Those at the top of Chinese society would likely find any Western derived plot completely out of step with their beliefs. I doubt the leaders of India would be so persuaded to join a conspiracy either, as it is unlikely one could exist that serves the leaders of all societies equally. Who would sign on to be a second class villain? No one can control the world, it is just too complicated, and anyone that attempted to do so would likely be thwarted by the other PTB.

Hopefully space gets a chance. Elon Musk really is our best hope at this point. No government is going to pay for the colonization of space, as taxpayers dont have the foresight or stamina for such a project. But if corporations can come up with a good way to get interplanetary resources and harvest them, you had better bet we will be up there within the decade. Some relatively small asteroids are estimated to contain 20 trillion dollars worth of precious metals in their cores, so it isnt as crazy as it sounds to mine them.

A little off topic, many rip humanity apart for being a massively destructive species. Personally, I think we are examining it all wrong. We are biology's greatest project, the only hope there has ever been that genes from this planet- even if they are only bacterial- might reach a new home to reproduce. We might just be the Earth's shot at interplanetary sperm, as the spreading of life has always been the driving force of evolution. Plus, when we are gone, the same thing that happens after every mass extinction will happen: there will be an explosion of life to fill all the niches we freed up.

Your wrong about that, the central bankers created the system and for the most part run it. Bernie Sanders look at the FED bailout and what they did proves this. Not to say that today a group cannot game the system completely for their benefit and make a break for it because the digital tech of today makes it possible. That is why the central hub controls the best military just in case central command has to enforce the code. This is happening right now in the middle east.

Watch the movie money as debt, all these countries become part of the conspiracy by adopting this financial con job, it doesn't matter weather the leaders of that country want to be part of it or not, once they start practicing fractional reserve lending on counterfeit bills they are merged into it.

This allows the people who set the system up to get a foot hold in your civilization to shove the door wide open and take it over weather you want them to or not.

It is an incredibly elegant simple system of managing Daa herd as a # on a spread sheet through simple credit and debt. What makes the whole system work is Daa stupidity of Daa herd to do the bidding for #'s on a computer screen or a piece of paper.

Most of humanity really is pretty fuc king dumb and the puppeteers figured this out long ago.
Last edited by Moretorque on August 19th, 2013, 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

But this implies people buying on credit. If you learn to save and spend what you earn you are fine, even under your scenario. Don't buy shit you can't afford, and if you cant afford it because you dont make enough money, get a better job. These are good rules to live by, crazy conspiracy or not. People focus too much on things and way too little on financial independence.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:But this implies people buying on credit. If you learn to save and spend what you earn you are fine, even under your scenario. Don't buy shit you can't afford, and if you cant afford it because you dont make enough money, get a better job. These are good rules to live by, crazy conspiracy or not. People focus too much on things and way too little on financial independence.
Your not quit there yet, all the money is credit injected by your central bank into your economy to be paid back at interest to the credit monopoly which is the 5th plank of the communist manifesto.
Time to Hide!
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

a few words:

Peak oil

peak soil/Agriculture

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... ing-itself

Peak water

Yellowstone supervolcano

all will take significant tolls on our population in the middle of this century.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I don't think it's the end. It's a new begining. Not a good one for everyone. It will be what you make of it. We will be Reset. Everything goes in circles. What we call Civilization will fall & we'll all be back to foraging, hunting & gathering to survive. If in doubt head for the hills, forests & save seeds.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Is the world coming to an end?

Post by Teal Lantern »

Ghost wrote:Is the world, in one way or another, coming to an end? If so, how and to what extent will things change?
Unless there's a rogue neutron star or hostile Type II+ civilization in our future, you'll have until the sun runs low on hydrogen to concern yourself with the end of the world.
That is still millions of years away, long past the point of humanity caring.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

Return to “General Discussions”