How much does height matter in the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
reeferwill
Freshman Poster

How much does height matter in the Philippines?

Post by reeferwill »

The title pretty much explains my question. I know that heightism exists here in my country of the USA and that women generally prefer taller guys but here it seems to spell disaster for your dating life unless if you want to date fat chicks which I can't do. I'm not the biggest guy at 5'9 so my question is will my height limit me in the Philippines like it does here in the USA ? How about in other locations around the world if you have the knowledge?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Hell I'd see it as an advantage. At 6'3", I've met cute Filipinas who were really just TOO short for me.

You'd have a bigger pool over there than I would.

Seriously.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Most Filipino guys are 5 '4'' and they are being fruitful and multiplying. You are even too tall there. Most girls I dated there were 5 ' 1''.

It actually helps not to stand out like a giraffe there. Me at 5' 7'' is just OK.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: How much does height matter in the Philippines?

Post by chibolo »

reeferwill wrote:The title pretty much explains my question. I know that heightism exists here in my country of the USA and that women generally prefer taller guys but here it seems to spell disaster for your dating life unless if you want to date fat chicks which I can't do. I'm not the biggest guy at 5'9 so my question is will my height limit me in the Philippines like it does here in the USA ? How about in other locations around the world if you have the knowledge?
In Peru, and other countries with a large mestizo (mixed Indian/European) population you are tall. This is definitely an advantage you will have in these countries compared to the US or Western Europe (I am from Belgium). If you are also white with blue or green eyes and blonde hair you get another bonus point.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: How much does height matter in the Philippines?

Post by chibolo »

reeferwill wrote:The title pretty much explains my question. I know that heightism exists here in my country of the USA and that women generally prefer taller guys but here it seems to spell disaster for your dating life unless if you want to date fat chicks which I can't do. I'm not the biggest guy at 5'9 so my question is will my height limit me in the Philippines like it does here in the USA ? How about in other locations around the world if you have the knowledge?
In Peru, and other countries with a large mestizo (mixed Indian/European) population you are tall. This is definitely an advantage you will have in these countries compared to the US or Western Europe (I am from Belgium). If you are also white with blue or green eyes and blonde hair you get another bonus point.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

You're easily tall enough. I'm 6'0'' and I felt like King Kong kidnapping Faye Wray when I dated Filipinas :lol: And it's SO awkward kissing a woman who's much shorter than you are!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

If you think 5-9 is too short in the U.S., you need to have a little talk with yourself. That's not the problem.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

gsjackson wrote:If you think 5-9 is too short in the U.S., you need to have a little talk with yourself. That's not the problem.
Right. The problem is that American women are insane.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Most Filipinas seem to prefer men under 6' since most of the country is vertically challenged. I would say 5' 9'' is an excellent height for Southeast Asia.
reeferwill
Freshman Poster

Post by reeferwill »

ladislav wrote:Most Filipino guys are 5 '4'' and they are being fruitful and multiplying. You are even too tall there. Most girls I dated there were 5 ' 1''.

It actually helps not to stand out like a giraffe there. Me at 5' 7'' is just OK.
There seems to be this stigma against shorter men in the u.s.a. And the women like to feel like a child next to their men here. I'm glad to hear that I'll finally be tall in the Philippines.

Edit: I'm not hating on tall men, nobody can control their height. I just get tired of discrimination from American women but after finding this site who wants them anyway.
Last edited by reeferwill on August 24th, 2013, 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
reeferwill
Freshman Poster

Post by reeferwill »

gsjackson wrote:If you think 5-9 is too short in the U.S., you need to have a little talk with yourself. That's not the problem.
Just curious how tall are you? It seems like younger women that are attractive go 6 feet tall and over. It's just a fact. When women settle down in their 30s or overweight girls don't have seem t have a problem dating shorter guys. I will say this; I'm 23 years old and my last 2 girlfriends were a 30 year old girl from Peru who was hot and petite, and a 19 year old girl from Vietnam who was also in good shape. So maybe I am right about American women?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

reeferwill wrote:
Just curious how tall are you? It seems like younger women that are attractive go 6 feet tall and over. It's just a fact. When women settle down in their 30s or overweight girls don't have seem t have a problem dating shorter guys. I will say this; I'm 23 years old and my last 2 girlfriends were a 30 year old girl from Peru who was hot and petite, and a 19 year old girl from Vietnam who was also in good shape. So maybe I am right about American women?
5-9 in sneakers. Height has never been an issue. Your data sample is way, way too small.
reeferwill
Freshman Poster

Post by reeferwill »

gsjackson wrote:
reeferwill wrote:
5-9 in sneakers. Height has never been an issue. Your data sample is way, way too small.
What do you look like? Are you white? Mixed? And what kind of girls have you been getting? Have they been 7s and 8s? That's what we all want here I think right? I have yet to get a decent looking American girlfriend, they are always foreigners.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

You will be more than tall enough in the Philippines. Still, I am always confused by guys that are taller than 5'7" complaining about height in the USA. I have never known a male friend that had an issue with their height, really, and feel like this is just some crap getting spread on the internet to make men feel insecure. You should look abroad, but you should also work up your confidence in the meantime. Guys with low confidence are marks once their boots are on the ground in SEA or Eastern Europe, women can smell that shit from a mile away. Also, having big self esteem will open up a higher class of woman to you anywhere in the world.Always remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Disclaimer: I am 5'10" and might be completely unable to relate to your problem by virtue of the roughly two and a half centimeters that stands between us.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

HouseMD wrote:You will be more than tall enough in the Philippines. Still, I am always confused by guys that are taller than 5'7" complaining about height in the USA. I have never known a male friend that had an issue with their height, really, and feel like this is just some crap getting spread on the internet to make men feel insecure. You should look abroad, but you should also work up your confidence in the meantime. Guys with low confidence are marks once their boots are on the ground in SEA or Eastern Europe, women can smell that shit from a mile away. Also, having big self esteem will open up a higher class of woman to you anywhere in the world.Always remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Disclaimer: I am 5'10" and might be completely unable to relate to your problem by virtue of the roughly two and a half centimeters that stands between us.
A 5'10 guy would not have any issues pulling tail in the US. With shoes on you look 6'. Anyone under that, will get dissed or passed over by the occasional broad, and if you are under 5'7 make that often.