Page Loading Errors in the Forum

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Anybody else getting this problem?

Poll ended at December 13th, 2012, 3:49 am

Yeah
86%
No, it's just you mate
14%

Total votes: 7
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:
Winston wrote:Steve Neese told me that he had trouble posting in the forum this morning. Did any of you have that problem early today? Or experience page loading errors?
Yes. I had problems posting and viewing threads on this forum during the early morning and afternoon. It was very slow to load throughout the day.
It might have been due to the server migration that I announced here:

viewtopic.php?t=19805

How long was it happening for? And what about now?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Decision time!

Ok I just talked to Bluehost by Live Chat. They said they could move all my sites over to their hosting servers for a flat fee of $99. Meaning, they would do all the migration work for me.

What do you all think? I asked them about the occasional adult content posted on this forum. They said occasional adult content posted is ok as long as the site's main theme isn't adult-related.

Another issue:

Should I get us on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or upgrade to a better shared hosting plan? A VPS puts you on a server with a few other accounts, but each account gets its own memory and RAM so it does not hog each other's memory. It's like a smaller version of a dedicated server and it costs about $29 for the economy plan.

VPS hosting under both Bluehost and Godaddy start at $29 for the economy package.

Nowadays, cloud hosting is expanding resources on shared hosting to improve it. So I could upgrade to cloud hosting for a few dollars more.

But many webmasters, including my friend, said that they had huge spikes in traffic after moving to VPS hosting, and big increases in income too.

The thing is, right now we are on a shared hosting plan with 1,000 other websites on the same server. That's probably why there are page loading errors and slow loading speeds here. We need to upgrade either way, either to cloud shared hosting or VPS hosting.

The Bluehost rep told me that shared hosting should be fine for this site, after I told him that we get 3,000 visitors a day, but usually only about 50-60 people are simultaneously online during the daytime and early evening.

However, I ought to explain to them that we are a taboo site focused on very politically incorrect topics, and make sure they are ok with that first.

What do you all think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Anything that stops the problems that I've been having (but not having with any other site) is welcome.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I am getting a weird problem with posting a new thread. The thread title comes up but the message body is not shown.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:I am getting a weird problem with posting a new thread. The thread title comes up but the message body is not shown.
What browser are you using? Did you try pushing Control-R to refresh the page?

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Page Loading Errors in the Forum

Post by Winston »

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that sometimes when a thread in the forum tries to load up after a post is submitted, that only the first post at the top is visible, but the rest of the thread is not, causing you to have to reload the page? This seems to happen a lot now, after the last update, so maybe there was a bug with the update? Any of you experience this too?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Page Loading Errors in the Forum

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 12:33 am
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that sometimes when a thread in the forum tries to load up after a post is submitted, that only the first post at the top is visible, but the rest of the thread is not, causing you to have to reload the page? This seems to happen a lot now, after the last update, so maybe there was a bug with the update? Any of you experience this too?
That is happening, and I think it happens with somewhat random threads too, not just after a post is submitted.