Should Smart Women Breed More?

Discuss science and technology topics here.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Should Smart Women Breed More?

Post by zboy1 »

Should we care that smart women aren't having kids?

New research is fueling outrage that women who don't have kids aren't just selfish losers, but dumb ones as well

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... aving-kids

It seems that women these days are too clever for their own good, at least when it comes to making babies. Research emerging from the London School of Economics examining the links between intelligence and maternal urges in women claims that more of the former means less of the latter. In an ideal world, such findings might be interpreted as smart women making smart choices, but instead it seems that this research is just adding fuel to the argument that women who don't have children, regardless of the reason, are not just selfish losers but dumb ones as well.

Satoshi Kanazawa, the LSE psychologist behind the research, discussed the findings that maternal urges drop by 25% with every extra 15 IQ points in his book The Intelligence Paradox. In the opening paragraph of the chapter titled "Why intelligent people are the ultimate losers in life", he makes his feelings about voluntary childlessness very clear:

If any value is deeply evolutionarily familiar, it is reproductive success. If any value is truly unnatural, if there is one thing that humans (and all other species in nature) are decisively not designed for, it is voluntary childlessness. All living organisms in nature, including humans, are evolutionarily designed to reproduce. Reproductive success is the ultimate end of all biological existence.

Young Turks take on this study
(they get all offended and spew all kinds of ad-hominem attacks against the author of the study):

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Idiocracy

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Educated women end up trapped in a career that tells them they have to climb this 'imaginary' ladder to be successful or else eveything they worked so hard for in school is wasted. These women can't see kids fitting into the equation. To be a good mother equals having the time to just be' with your kids. Men get trapped by it too. It's hard gettting qualified & then throwing it away. In my case I call it a career change & look at it as I'm in a new field. I used to work so many hours before & the money was great but just having an alarm clock wake me up wasn't something I liked among many things. I work but my time is my own now.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Post by RedMenace »

There is no such thing as a "smart woman". Just because you can regurgitate sentences and procedures to pass an exam doesn't make you smart.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

There was a study done linking highly intelligent women with those who cheat more and are more prone to divorce. The media ideal of a smart, independent, and sexy woman is feminist propaganda. This type of woman will slip a knife in your back and take all your shit at the first opportunity. If you're a man with means there's absolutely no reason to settle with this type of woman.

A loyal hard working woman who is sexy is and should be the ideal for any man with a brain. It's ideal if she has common sense and that's about all you need in a life mate.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

RedMenace wrote:There is no such thing as a "smart woman". Just because you can regurgitate sentences and procedures to pass an exam doesn't make you smart.
Right and true.
Repatriate wrote:There was a study done linking highly intelligent women with those who cheat more and are more prone to divorce. The media ideal of a smart, independent, and sexy woman is feminist propaganda. This type of woman will slip a knife in your back and take all your shit at the first opportunity. If you're a man with means there's absolutely no reason to settle with this type of woman.

A loyal hard working woman who is sexy is and should be the ideal for any man with a brain. It's ideal if she has common sense and that's about all you need in a life mate.
Right and infinitely muthaf.uckin' true. +∞!!!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

RedMenace wrote:There is no such thing as a "smart woman". Just because you can regurgitate sentences and procedures to pass an exam doesn't make you smart.
I think that is taking it a bit far. There are far less women that actually are smart than there are women who believe they are smart. For every book written by a woman worth reading, there are perhaps a hundred more that are muh feelings based BS that are passed off as expert knowledge.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Should Smart Women Breed More?

Post by Teal Lantern »

zboy1 wrote:Should we care that smart women aren't having kids?

New research is fueling outrage that women who don't have kids aren't just selfish losers, but dumb ones as well
Where in the animal kingdom do smarter creatures out breed the dumber ones?
Breeding faster compensates for being dumber, slower, or closer to the bottom of the food chain, etc.
People should be outraged that the dumb women are having so many kids.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Maybe the movie Idiocracy in 2006 called it?
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
I think that is taking it a bit far. There are far less women that actually are smart than there are women who believe they are smart. For every book written by a woman worth reading, there are perhaps a hundred more that are muh feelings based BS that are passed off as expert knowledge.
You are correct, true out of the box thinking intelligence is much more common in men than women. They do exist but are rare.
Time to Hide!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

This is one of the reasons for the decline in our society. Smart women are swallowed up by career life. The least able among them have the most babies.

Part of this comports with the animal kingdom where the least fit often breed like crazy albeit with lesser quality mates. However, part of this is social conditioning where smart women are made to feel bad if they "waste" their time in familial pursuits.

Take a look at black America is you want to see the results. Middle class and upper class black women have less than 2 children on average, but ghetto class black women often have several by several different fathers. The result is obvious.

Get a smart woman overseas so she is not brainwashed by feminist conditioning.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

A lot of the women are now seeing the career as the main objective leading to a unfulfilling life and would rather have healthy family tree's. So in that regard there is hope.

The things going on in the black community at the moment are disturbing and the end result for any society with this type of collapsing family structure will be the total collapse of the society, I read on average blacks are only having 2 kids so that is a good sign if true.
Time to Hide!
Tezcatlipoca
Freshman Poster

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

Yes smart women should breed more! They will only breed if men can provide for them though! I think smart women have it about as rough as smart men to be honest. Here is a link showing how your Facebook likes can predict your iq. Low iq likes include "I love being a mom" How sad is that?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... y/1975777/
Stop being angry at the stuff you don't have (yet) in life and instead focus on how to get it.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:This is one of the reasons for the decline in our society. Smart women are swallowed up by career life. The least able among them have the most babies.

Part of this comports with the animal kingdom where the least fit often breed like crazy albeit with lesser quality mates. However, part of this is social conditioning where smart women are made to feel bad if they "waste" their time in familial pursuits.

Take a look at black America is you want to see the results. Middle class and upper class black women have less than 2 children on average, but ghetto class black women often have several by several different fathers. The result is obvious.

Get a smart woman overseas so she is not brainwashed by feminist conditioning.
Truth +∞