Photos of Winston Wu from the 70's and 80's

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some photos of me when I was 20 in 1993 with my Vietnamese girlfriend at my house in Fremont, CA. Didn't I look so innocent, thin and handsome? lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just scanned some more old family photos of me from photo albums at my aunt's house, which contains photos we don't have and that I've never seen before. Here they are.

Christmas with relatives. I'm in the dark yellow sweater and my mom is above me. Her sisters are behind us.

Me with my cousins Tina, Lisa, Jimmy and Kelly. I'm the one with the dopey looking face and overgrown hair. As you can see, I look crappy with long hair, which is why I cut it short. But Rock fails to understand this for some reason.

Below: I'm the one in the group wearing the shirt with horizontal bars.

The backyard you see here is of our house in Fremont, CA.

Bottom left: My parents before I was born. Bottom right: Group photo of many relatives. Top right: My mom carrying me when I was an infant.

Below: My mom in the pink sweater. As you can see, it's dated 1970, three years before I was born.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I must say Winston you definitely looked a lot better when you were younger. It seems like your skin condition actually worsened after your teen years which to me maybe points to an unhealthy diet in your 20's?

Have you had any contact with that Vietnamese ex-girlfriend or know what happened to her? If so did you tell her you were a big time internet personality now?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:I must say Winston you definitely looked a lot better when you were younger. It seems like your skin condition actually worsened after your teen years which to me maybe points to an unhealthy diet in your 20's?

Have you had any contact with that Vietnamese ex-girlfriend or know what happened to her? If so did you tell her you were a big time internet personality now?
I became a vegetarian when I was 17 or 18. Maybe that's why? Or it could be that I had acne problems when I was a teen, which caused little scars in my skin.

I looked better before, but it still wasn't enough for American girls. I might have done better in Asia back then.

Yes I talked to that Vietnamese ex on Facebook and visited her in the early 2000's. She is married and has kids now. I told her about my site and showed her my mack daddy photos in Russia. She was shocked and said that I looked like some celebrity in them. lol. But she cannot connect with us at all because she is a conformist who believes that one's duty is to work hard, conform to the system, and enslave yourself to a corporation because "that's life". She has no ability to think for herself.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

"Me with my cousins Tina, Lisa, Jimmy and Kelly. I'm the one with the dopey looking face and overgrown hair. As you can see, I look crappy with long hair, which is why I cut it short. But Rock fails to understand this for some reason."

I find it quite ironic that you use those photos from 1983 to try to illustrate your point. You looked damn good back then, especially in the second photo. Nothing wrong with your hair there.

Fast forward 2013, your face is bloated making your whole head look too big. When you cut your hair very short, it just emphasizes the largeness of your head and face plus makes it possible to see through to your scalp (I have some photos which show this). When you grow you hair out, it makes your face look a bit smaller proportionally which is more attractive and youthful. But if you lost a bunch of weight, your face would actually shrink and I think you would look a lot more like you did in Russia which was a lot better (though not as good as you did as a kid).

When you have the chance, look at your photos from Russia and compare to now. The key difference is shape and proportion. You lower face has bulked up making your head look too large. The extra fat in your mid-face gives you a tired look. And your over-sized cheeks crowd-out your eyes. Fortunately this is probably reversible but unfortunately, it's not very likely you will take effective measures to move aggressively in that direction.

So the easiest fix for you to look slightly better is to grow your hair out somewhat longer to create an illusion of a proportionally smaller face.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Awww Nice pics :D ... Rock is right you looked really great in the pics with your Vietnamese gf. You can pass for that guy's dad now. I told you to do detox it's easy. The body can heal itself. I've got photos of the same quality stuck in albums just like yours it's from the 80's though.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Renata wrote:Awww Nice pics :D ... Rock is right you looked really great in the pics with your Vietnamese gf. You can pass for that guy's dad now. I told you to do detox it's easy. The body can heal itself. I've got photos of the same quality stuck in albums just like yours it's from the 80's though.
Actually, I was referring to the ones where he is around 8 or 9 years old. By the time he reached 20, he still looked good but was a little too soft or feminine. As a kid, he looked fantastic. Yet all he sees is that his hair was a bit long and disheveled.

What I think is achievable is the look he had in Russia which isn't so different from the look he had as a 20 year old with his Vietnamese gf. It's still quite nice and acceptable to a lot of Asian girls. All he would have to do to get back to that I think is the correct type of food/exercise routine including your detox suggestions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
I strongly disagree. Those pics of my dopey face with overly long hair look like shit. I look like some bum with no education or culture. But what do you expect? I was living in an oppressive school system that treated me like shit and was suffering everyday from it.

What is so good about scruffy hair like that? There's nothing attractive about it. Besides, you admitted yourself that your opinions tend to differ from the majority.

If long fuzzy porcupine hair was good, then why don't male Hollywood stars have it? Why doesn't George Clooney or Mark Walberg have it? Shorter hair looks neater and more masculine. I look far more normal and masculine with shorter hair. Not dopey or feminine.

Rock, it's NOT TRUE that I made no aggressive effort to lose weight. That's a LIE! I made a huge f***ing effort and worked my butt off. But in spite of all my dieting, my body REFUSES to lose more than 5 pounds. It fought hard to keep my weight the same.

I need a lifestyle change where I get out more and have more places to go and walk. Dieting just doesn't work, cause my body fights against it and tries to maintain my fat cells.

But it's not true that I did not make the effort. I did. I made a lot of effort! It just didn't work.

Renata, I do not look like a dad of a 20 year old. Come on now. Photos of me without flash look better. The flash makes everyone's skin look worse. You know that.

SHOCKING NEWS!!!

Rock, you won't believe this, and I know this will make you laugh, but I swear it's true:

The Ukrainian girl I went out with from Couchsurfing recently, (whom I sent you pictures of) asked my age. When I asked her to guess it, she guessed 25! Seriously. No joke.

She was no bullshitter either, but in fact disliked the fakeness in America. She was no sweet talker either, and never gave me any fake compliments.

I don't know why she guessed that I was 25. But then again Rock, you've admitted that your opinions do not reflect that of the majority and that you are usually an aberration. So you can't say that you are more accurate than others.

Maybe she guessed me at 25 because:

1) In Ukraine people do not age well. So their standards are very different than in NE Asia.
2) I act childish and playful, not like an adult is supposed to. I also exude a child-like spirit.

But either way Rock, I wasn't going to tell her, "No I don't look 25, because Rock thinks I look a lot older." lol. Come on now. Get real.

Also, I guess Russian women are more appreciative of my looks than girls in NE Asia are. They seem far more open and sociable to me at least. So maybe my looks aren't so bad in their view. Also, in their country, skinny men are seen as unmasculine.

Either way, I took her guess of me being 25 as a nice compliment. :) So please don't try to spoil it. lol
Last edited by Winston on August 29th, 2013, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

odbo wrote:Superb photos Winston, they're a great reminder of how f***ed up everything has gotten!

I felt both angry and depressed looking them over. Notice the faces then and now, the loss of innocence and character. People acted like people before the television and liberalism took over their minds. But lets be honest, America was already a land of dimwitted degenerates by 1978. It seems Asia has fallen even farther than Americans since then. Because if you look at Taiwanese or Japanese from the 60s and 70s they seem so down to earth. But by the 90s they started becoming unbalanced, unsure of themselves, jaded, mean, and just plain weird.

Many urban-dwelling East-Asians today look as if the will to live has been beaten out of them, like depressed prisoners or domesticated animals in line at the slaughter hose. Even the youths are demoralized, the males are alarmingly unmasculine and females are plastic inside and out. Perhaps the conservative mainland Chinese are an exception to this (for now) as they are still in the economic boom phase ripe with optimism, as are those from rural settings with old-fashioned lifestyles and social norms.

The film "Network" from 1976 talks about people becoming "as replaceable as piston rods." Meaning they are becoming like clones of eachother with no originality or passion. Extremely predictable drones concerned only with consumerism.

This is why I like to have friends much older than me, because every generation that has been produced in the 20th century has been less tough and less interesting than the last. Speaking with people that are "old-school" (and I'm not talking about baby-boomers), does wonders for your sanity in this insane society. Once upon a time countries like Japan produced men that were confident and idealistic, but as the bolts were tightened and life was made more regimented (and perhaps easier while work hours were made longer), there were fewer and fewer environments that nurtured boys to become such men. And there is some evidence to suggest the Philippines 40 years ago was more advanced (compared to other countries of the time) than it is today, and its people more sophisticated. We're not advancing we're degrading.
And why was odbo banned, again? This is the pertinent point about these pictures -- how f*cked up a culture can get in 35 years, and you can see it in the faces of the people. Not to mention the American diet -- Winston, your parents are attractive people with normal builds; that should be your inheritance, not Pillsbury Doughboy.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock,
I strongly disagree. Those pics of my dopey face with overly long hair look like shit. I look like some bum with no education or culture. But what do you expect? I was living in an oppressive school system that treated me like shit and was suffering everyday from it.

What is so good about scruffy hair like that? There's nothing attractive about it. Besides, you admitted yourself that your opinions tend to differ from the majority.

If long fuzzy porcupine hair was good, then why don't male Hollywood stars have it? Why doesn't George Clooney or Mark Walberg have it? Shorter hair looks neater and more masculine. I look far more normal and masculine with shorter hair. Not dopey or feminine.

Rock, it's NOT TRUE that I made no aggressive effort to lose weight. That's a LIE! I made a huge f***ing effort and worked my butt off. But in spite of all my dieting, my body REFUSES to lose more than 5 pounds. It fought hard to keep my weight the same.

I need a lifestyle change where I get out more and have more places to go and walk. Dieting just doesn't work, cause my body fights against it and tries to maintain my fat cells.

But it's not true that I did not make the effort. I did. I made a lot of effort! It just didn't work.

Renata, I do not look like a dad of a 20 year old. Come on now. Photos of me without flash look better. The flash makes everyone's skin look worse. You know that.

SHOCKING NEWS!!!

Rock, you won't believe this, and I know this will make you laugh, but I swear it's true:

The Ukrainian girl I went out with from Couchsurfing recently, (whom I sent you pictures of) asked my age. When I asked her to guess it, she guessed 25! Seriously. No joke.

She was no bullshitter either, but in fact disliked the fakeness in America. She was no sweet talker either, and never gave me any fake compliments.

I don't know why she guessed that I was 25. But then again Rock, you've admitted that your opinions do not reflect that of the majority and that you are usually an aberration. So you can't say that you are more accurate than others.

Maybe she guessed me at 25 because:

1) In Ukraine people do not age well. So their standards are very different than in NE Asia.
2) I act childish and playful, not like an adult is supposed to. I also exude a child-like spirit.

But either way Rock, I wasn't going to tell her, "No I don't look 25, because Rock thinks I look a lot older." lol. Come on now. Get real.

Also, I guess Russian women are more appreciative of my looks than girls in NE Asia are. They seem far more open and sociable to me at least. So maybe my looks aren't so bad in their view. Also, in their country, skinny men are seen as unmasculine.

Either way, I took her guess of me being 25 as a nice compliment. :) So please don't try to spoil it. lol
I'm not gonna spoil it for you. You don't have wrinkles, hollows, or sagging skin. So you don't look too old and have the potential to even look fresher or younger if you would just slim down your face. Congrats that she sees good things in you! As I remember from the photos, she is very attractive if I'm not mistaken.

As for your diet and exercise, its sounds like you might of worked hard for awhile but not smart. Eating one meal a day sounds like a counterproductive strategy.

Winston, hair is just icing on the cake. But ask others if they think you looked good at around age 8 or not. You had a slim attractive boyish (not girlish) face then.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Winston wrote:

Winston yah i exaggerated a bit lol, but you do look a bit bloated & you won't loose that weight until you detox. It's like a clog in you system. Your high blood pressure is a red-flag, a symptom, telling you something is harming your insides'. Any good nutritionist & fitness expert will always reccomend you do a purge or detox your system & gut. If you drink celery juice for 1 week I guarantee your tummy be less after. Do an experiment; measure before & after. Add an apple to sweeten the juice. Use a juicer not a blender.

3parts celery + 1part apple. x 4 times per day and no processed foods or drinks, only meals from wholesome veges, beans & meat.

Here's some more ways to detox viewtopic.php?t=19748
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: If long fuzzy porcupine hair was good, then why don't male Hollywood stars have it? Why doesn't George Clooney or Mark Walberg have it? Shorter hair looks neater and more masculine. I look far more normal and masculine with shorter hair. Not dopey or feminine.
Winston, those guys you are talking about have short stylized scissor cut hair. You seem to buzz yours down to a PRC style military fade. :lol: You look like you're enlisted in the people's republic of China's military police brigade. There's a big difference there. Not all short hair styles are the same.
I would recommend running. You shed weight pretty fast once you start pushing your body. You don't even need to run that much..maybe 1 mile a day to maintain good weight balance.

:lol:

Here you go again blowing a pleasant compliment out of proportion with reality.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Repatriate wrote:................... You seem to buzz yours down to a PRC style military fade. :lol: You look like you're enlisted in the people's republic of China's military police brigade. There's a big difference there. Not all short hair styles are the same.
Lovin it! :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Photos of Winston Wu from the 70's and 80's

Post by Winston »

New uploads!

Here are some videos that my parents took back in 1988 and 1989 of our Taiwanese relatives during our visits to Taiwan and their visits to America to see us. You can see me in many of these clips. Can you guys tell which one is me? lol. I looked very dopey, skinny and shy back then. No confidence at all since my self esteem was beaten to death in America. And sadly, kind of depressed and bored too, since I was lonely, bored, disconnected and had no love or true friendship at school, and my high school life was nothing more than a prison - physically and psychologically. I just uploaded these after converting them from DVD's for my Taiwanese relatives to see. Well actually, I don't look as depressed in the 1988 videos because I was in Taiwan around warm caring relatives. But in the 1989 one I looked very depressed because I was in the US and very lonely, bored and oppressed. You can see it on my face. Very sad. Yet my dad seemed oblivious to it. He preferred to be in denial.

@momopi and @Rock, what do you think? Weren't Taiwanese more warm and kind back in the 80's? Seems like it.