How large an age gap can be pulled off in Latin America?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
diablo

How large an age gap can be pulled off in Latin America?

Post by diablo »

I have had this question at the back of my mind for a while now, but i have never had the time to ask it.

How large an age difference can be pulled of in Latin America and what quality of women would they bHow attractive would she be and would she be educated and what class would she be in?

so for an example could a 50 year old in decent shape date a single 25 year old, who is attractive?
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Re: How large an age gap can be pulled off in Latin America?

Post by germanguy »

diablo wrote:I have had this question at the back of my mind for a while now, but i have never had the time to ask it.

How large an age difference can be pulled of in Latin America and what quality of women would they bHow attractive would she be and would she be educated and what class would she be in?

so for an example could a 50 year old in decent shape date a single 25 year old, who is attractive?
A typical relationship between a 50 years old and a 25 years old is based on money. Thats true for any part of the world. Doesn´t matter how attractive or educated the women is.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

diablo wrote:I have had this question at the back of my mind for a while now, but i have never had the time to ask it.

It varies a lot from girl to girl and country to country. Argentina and Chile r prolly gonna be harder in general. Whites tougher than mullatoes or blacks.

In DR, Brazil, and maybe Colombia, I would say use your apparent age (how old you look to most people there) and do the half that age plus 7 rule. You should be able to attract certain girls in that age range and its not just a about money. Some girls in those countries are attracted to mature attractive men as long as they still have some sort of appeal. If u just look like a washed up old man, than yr not going to attract much in the way of much younger women. But if you are an attractive and youthful older men, then some younger girls may still look your way.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Rock wrote:In DR, Brazil, and maybe Colombia, I would say use your apparent age (how old you look to most people there) and do the half that age plus 7 rule. You should be able to attract certain girls in that age range and its not just a about money. Some girls in those countries are attracted to mature attractive men as long as they still have some sort of appeal. If u just look like a washed up old man, than yr not going to attract much in the way of much younger women. But if you are an attractive and youthful older men, then some younger girls may still look your way.
Yeah, I was just chatting online with a couple of attractive girls in the DR, one is 21 and the other is 24. I'm 45. They seem to like me and the 24 year old said she'd be happy to have me visit her.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

germanguy wrote:

A typical relationship between a 50 years old and a 25 years old is based on money. Thats true for any part of the world. Doesn´t matter how attractive or educated the women is.
Agreed. Latin America is just like anywhere else in the world. Only when there is money involved do the majority of women accept large age gaps. This means that you can probably find a poor, young girl who will date you, but the relationship will be at least partially based on money.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I'm 45 and I've been chatting with a gorgeous 20-year-old who lives in Lima who wants me to visit her. Should I? She hasn't given any indication of being a gold digger, and I haven't seen any other red flags either. Should I be suspicious? Or should I just let go of my American prejudices and go have a good time with her?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Hero wrote:I'm 45 and I've been chatting with a gorgeous 20-year-old who lives in Lima who wants me to visit her. Should I? She hasn't given any indication of being a gold digger, and I haven't seen any other red flags either. Should I be suspicious? Or should I just let go of my American prejudices and go have a good time with her?
Women want that one special man. He's on TV, or he's rich, or he's well-dressed, or just from another country. You're from a country she a has heard of and admires. Like a little girl dreaming of Prince Charming.

Screw the cynics here and elsewhere, Go and make her dreams come true. Yours too, maybe.

Go and have a good time. Go make little Heroes.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Jester wrote:
Hero wrote:I'm 45 and I've been chatting with a gorgeous 20-year-old who lives in Lima who wants me to visit her. Should I? She hasn't given any indication of being a gold digger, and I haven't seen any other red flags either. Should I be suspicious? Or should I just let go of my American prejudices and go have a good time with her?
Women want that one special man. He's on TV, or he's rich, or he's well-dressed, or just from another country. You're from a country she a has heard of and admires. Like a little girl dreaming of Prince Charming.

Screw the cynics here and elsewhere, Go and make her dreams come true. Yours too, maybe.

+1000...

Cynical little weenies looking to justify their own failure or lack of courage to take
action...."The odds are against me, so I may as well not do it or even try..."

Then there are a few who do not mind the "odds" and make things happen no matter their statistical
odds.

Outwest
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

OutWest wrote:
Jester wrote:

+1000...

Cynical little weenies looking to justify their own failure or lack of courage to take
action...."The odds are against me, so I may as well not do it or even try..."

Then there are a few who do not mind the "odds" and make things happen no matter their statistical
odds.

Outwest
Agreed. This topic really does get tiresome, and seems like nothing so much as a rationalization to avoid trying. As if people were all the same. When you get a little older you're supposed to have developed your unique individuality. And yet, the implicit assumption here is that some characteristic you share with everyone -- a number derived from the year of your birth -- is the all-determining factor in whether or not you connect with a particular person. It's preposterous. Some women are for you, some aren't, regardlesss of age. And you won't find the former by being hung up on a number.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Thanks Jester, Outwest and GSJackson, for a much-needed kick in the rear.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

This is true about age not being that important.

However should 50 year old men considering 25 year old women, especially of that woman is interested in having children?

I find some moral issues with this based on the fact that a 25 year old woman is in the prime of her reproductive years and if you're sure if you want children, want more children because you have grown children already, I don't think its best for you to try and chase women that young.

Almost ALL women from Latin America under 40 will want to have children if she doesn't have them already. If this is something you're not interested in, you better look really hard for some of the gems that others of advanced age have found that aren't looking to have children in 5-10 years if at all.

All the more reason I have made it a priority to find a wife at 43; I do NOT want to be on this forum at 50 asking similar questions....
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Well, it is possible that this girl truly likes you. Who knows? It's just that I spent 6 years in Peru and large age gaps are not common there either. You guys seem to think that latinas regulary date men twice their age. This is completely false. In fact ALL the Peruanas I know have boyfriends or husbands that are around their own age. This doesn't mean it's impossible, it's just not common, just like in the US or Western Europe.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

chibolo wrote:In fact ALL the Peruanas I know have boyfriends or husbands that are around their own age. This doesn't mean it's impossible, it's just not common, just like in the US or Western Europe.
Well, I still think that in Latin America, women are more reasonable about age differences. You don't see many 45-year-old Latin American women insisting upon younger men. And most Latin American women have no problem dating a man 10 years their senior.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

chibolo wrote:Well, it is possible that this girl truly likes you. Who knows?
Well, I plan on spending a lot of time getting to know her before I actually go visit her. She'll reveal her true motivation sooner or later.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Hero wrote:
chibolo wrote:In fact ALL the Peruanas I know have boyfriends or husbands that are around their own age. This doesn't mean it's impossible, it's just not common, just like in the US or Western Europe.
Well, I still think that in Latin America, women are more reasonable about age differences. You don't see many 45-year-old Latin American women insisting upon younger men. And most Latin American women have no problem dating a man 10 years their senior.
Sure, a 10 years age difference will not be a big deal to a lot of women, but 15 years or more is rare. And a large age gap makes it more likely that money is a big part of why the girl is with the guy.