Define irony: Yeah! I got fired on Labor Day LOL

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Where should I stay?

Stay in Phoenix, Arizona
No votes
Move to Dallas, Texas (IT out the ying-yang)
64%
Move to Houston, Texas
9%
Move to SF Bay Area, California
No votes
Move back to Chicago, Illinois
No votes
Move back to NYC
No votes
Other/Misc.
27%

Total votes: 11
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Define irony: Yeah! I got fired on Labor Day LOL

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

This is the third job this year I got fired from.
Only one job I didn't get fired from, and that was the one I worked for Blacks
as a temporary assignment only for two months.
Usually they are the ones to fire me to my surprise.

Yup. So I got fired because they claimed I was making sexual comments on the phone.
When I asked for proof, they lilly-lac-trickled their way off of it.
They added that it already had gotten to Sr. Mgmt, and they made a decision on it.
It's an "at-work" state here so the employers/big business always win here.

I guess I was fired with respect and that D.L. Hughley was wrong when he said that White
people fire White people first thing in the morning (I was fired 10 minutes into my shift),
and then when Black people are fired, they are fired at the end of the day after they
floured the chicken, but I digress.

Okay so which cities do you guys think I should relocate?
I am about to take my Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrator 70-668 Prometric test
on Sept 21st so I'm ramped up about that.

Maybe it's time to suck it up and call myself Black so I can stay in the archetype they want
me in: a non-uppity nigga.

Maybe Dallas would embrace my high-yellow mixed-looking ass.

I have 5-6 weeks left at the homeless shelter I am in, and then I have to leave for 8 months
if I decide if I'd want to go back there to stay for another four months,
but I don't want to go to sleep outdoors dragging my MIDI keyboard controller (looks like
a keyboard but it isn't), my laptop, and my 55-lb suitcase all day.

I will get paid $391.00 on Friday, and I already have $500 bucks to my name.

What do you think I should do?
Last edited by E Irizarry R&B Singer on September 7th, 2013, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

MAYNE! WTF? What did you say that was sexually lewd to someone? Are you in Arizona? I say go to Dallas, but you need to be street smart and watch out for where you live other there. Stay away from the hoods over there. Dallas and New Orleans have the scariest niggas I have ever seen or dealt with before and that is putting it nicely. Anyway, Dallas Fort Worth Area is crazy nice for IT work. They have more jobs than people and they are always trying to coax people to go move over there. Houston's market is still fairly strong for SharePoint.

And leave those AW hoes alone! Especially all those blonde WW in DFW area! Shit! Stack dat paper, keep your head down, keep a low profile, and then go abroad.

If you do it right, you should be able to stack 18,000 in 6 months, considering your living situation.

Hollah at me if you need anything
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

kai1275 wrote:MAYNE! WTF? What did you say that was sexually lewd to someone? Are you in Arizona? I say go to Dallas, but you need to be street smart and watch out for where you live other there. Stay away from the hoods over there. Dallas and New Orleans have the scariest niggas I have ever seen or dealt with before and that is putting it nicely. Anyway, Dallas Fort Worth Area is crazy nice for IT work. They have more jobs than people and they are always trying to coax people to go move over there. Houston's market is still fairly strong for SharePoint.

And leave those AW hoes alone! Especially all those blonde WW in DFW area! Shit! Stack dat paper, keep your head down, keep a low profile, and then go abroad.

If you do it right, you should be able to stack 18,000 in 6 months, considering your living situation.

Hollah at me if you need anything
I was doing outbound cust service to get students to enroll in a college. I was building exceptional rapport with the potential students on the phone...even with the prudish people. I made people laugh their a.ss off just so I can help get a transfer to the Enrollment Advisor, which is what my job was based on: getting potential students enrolled at the college I worked for. They said my "lewd" comments to a couple of the potential students was an "imminent risk" to the damaging the reputation of the school.

None of the co-workers b.itched about me. It was four White people whom were my Team Lead Supervisors. Yeah I might have to literally rise out of the ashes like the name of the city I'm in that's for sure.

I think that I should take and ace the SharePoint 2010 Administrator test and flock to DFW right then after. That's 19 days from now (almost three weeks).
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I would say Dallas. The reason being that they seem to have a pro growth attitude, their gun laws, and you would be close to Mexico, and you could get some cheap hookas if you can't find any good chicas. Plus if states were to ever secede, you would probably would be at ground zero :D .
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Most of my family lives in TX and I am originally from there myself. From what they tell me, the economy is good, the cost of living is cheap, and higher level education is yours for the taking if you want it since a lot of oil money is sent to colleges. And if you get desperate and cant find other work, there's always shale work at the Eagle Ford Shale. 16 bucks an hour for rig work, 25 for drivers, and all the overtime you can handle.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Define irony: Yeah! I got fired on Labor Day LOL

Post by Teal Lantern »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:What do you think I should do?
Somewhere in all those years of traveling to diff cities & countries,
banging broads everywhere but Antarctica*, and working odd jobs -- is a screenplay** (or a HOW TO book :D).
Should be written and stored on 3 diff servers, for later, so the details don't get lost.

*You haven't been to Antarctica, have you? :shock: :lol:

**100's of men will finally know why their wife has that lower back tattoo that says:

--m(^0^)m--
E_I was here

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Yeah man. You need to be degreed out the ass as a minority man in order to hit the ground running successfully here in PHX Arizona.

I see too many people on meth here....I see too many Black people a.ss'ed out here, especially dark skinned Black men (well thats most of the U.S. of Gay now).

White women are put on a pedestal here. The only thing PHX is good for is for Interracial Dating.

If the job market were progressive like the IR dating here, PHX would be a perfect city for me. However, I think the TPTB of PHX know this already.

There's still Rocky Point, Mexico (i.e. Punto Peñasco) for tricking on w.hores for a quick fix that's 2 hours by plane away from DFW Int'l Airport so that's something Zacb give me to think about. But then again *pause*, I rather hit up STGO, DR even though it's further than northern MX.

Kai, I will PM you if something comes about. Thank you for your support, sir. I thank everybody else for their support, too!! :-)
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

I'm sorry to hear about the work and your circumstances. Next time, I won't glow so much about how radiant my summer's been given the fact that others can't really share in it.

I concur with HouseMD on the Texas Triangle. The SA, Dallas, Houston triangle is right now, the one area in the US which has a steady state of job growth and hiring, and not just in the Oil Patch.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Look for an IT job in the San Diego Metro area and I can set you up with somebody that knows TJ really well so you can find an affordable apartment ($150-$300 a month).

You don't have to be a California resident to get EBT either. Since you're in Arizona already, it would be a cheap bus ticket.

For some cash while you investigate job prospects, you can donate plasma like me :)

Carlsbad - http://jobview.monster.com/IT-Help-Desk ... 61324.aspx

Several on CL - http://sandiego.craigslist.org/tch/

Apply for a Sentry Card, so you can avoid the normally very long lines crossing the broader.

The Trolley goes pretty much everywhere in SD, even down to the broader.

Not sure why you didn't include California on your list, its not a "Right To Work" state like Texas is and has some protections.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

djfourmoney wrote:Look for an IT job in the San Diego Metro area and I can set you up with somebody that knows TJ really well so you can find an affordable apartment ($150-$300 a month).

You don't have to be a California resident to get EBT either. Since you're in Arizona already, it would be a cheap bus ticket.

For some cash while you investigate job prospects, you can donate plasma like me :)

Apply for a Sentry Card, so you can avoid the normally very long lines crossing the broader.

Not sure why you didn't include California on your list, its not a "Right To Work" state like Texas is and has some protections.
True. I had a couple of nice jobs in California before, but I cannot deal with LA nor SF Bay Area at the moment. Isn't TJ very Americanized now though?? Thanks for
your advice though.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Look for an IT job in the San Diego Metro area and I can set you up with somebody that knows TJ really well so you can find an affordable apartment ($150-$300 a month).

True. I had a couple of nice jobs in California before, but I cannot deal with LA nor SF Bay Area at the moment. Isn't TJ very Americanized now though?? Thanks for
your advice though.

I suggested San Diego for a reason.

Less hectic than San Fran or LA.

SF has become hideously expensive, no way around it.

LA isn't much better, while SD to live can be expensive, living in TJ is dirt cheap, you could easily have an apartment, cable tv (in English) or Dish/DirecTV + high speed internet and hot water for about $500.

Why would TJ being "Americanized" be an issue? If that means you got Target, Walmart, Mcdonald's, Subway, Home Depot and Costco, then so be it.

Rents cheap, food is cheap, adult entertainment is cheap. Tired of Spanish speaking people/women? Head up to the Gaslamp District.

I don't know why more people consider it, its a complete WIN-WIN. The only downside is crossing the broader but that's why I suggest you apply for a Sentry card.

You can fly to plenty of places for less than $400 round trip in Mexico and several others for less than $250, bus is even cheaper, luxury and many have WiFi.

You can also fly to Cuba from Mexico, no passport issues, they don't care.

As I said in my other thread, it really concerns me when people try to make weak excuses to talk themselves out of something. Americanized?

Really Ez?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

djfourmoney wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:

your advice though.

I suggested San Diego for a reason.

Less hectic than San Fran or LA.

SF has become hideously expensive, no way around it.

LA isn't much better, while SD to live can be expensive, living in TJ is dirt cheap, you could easily have an apartment, cable tv (in English) or Dish/DirecTV + high speed internet and hot water for about $500.

Why would TJ being "Americanized" be an issue? If that means you got Target, Walmart, Mcdonald's, Subway, Home Depot and Costco, then so be it.

Rents cheap, food is cheap, adult entertainment is cheap. Tired of Spanish speaking people/women? Head up to the Gaslamp District.

I don't know why more people consider it, its a complete WIN-WIN. The only downside is crossing the broader but that's why I suggest you apply for a Sentry card.

You can fly to plenty of places for less than $400 round trip in Mexico and several others for less than $250, bus is even cheaper, luxury and many have WiFi.

You can also fly to Cuba from Mexico, no passport issues, they don't care.

As I said in my other thread, it really concerns me when people try to make weak excuses to talk themselves out of something. Americanized?

Really Ez?
Let me look into DFW ...I will give it a shot since I will have FOUR IT CERTS in DFW this time compared to 2009/2010 when I had ZILCH IT CERTS.
Then I might do Daygo or Seattle next for IT if DFW becomes a flopp and I don't have at least 15 stacks to my name.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Well, don't worry about getting fired. The last time I was fired I found a job a few months later making twice as much money. I've heard Texas has a lot of jobs right now but I don't know much about it. You can google "Texas jobs" see what you come up with. I hope everything works out for you.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

Did they warn you before this before this happened or just fire you out of the blue?
Taco wrote:Well, don't worry about getting fired. The last time I was fired I found a job a few months later making twice as much money. I've heard Texas has a lot of jobs right now but I don't know much about it. You can google "Texas jobs" see what you come up with. I hope everything works out for you.
Don't worry? He's only got a little time left in his homeless shelter, he's on the brink of homelessness all because of making a harmless comment.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

Why not just go outside the United States? What's stopping you?