Define irony: Yeah! I got fired on Labor Day LOL

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Where should I stay?

Stay in Phoenix, Arizona
No votes
Move to Dallas, Texas (IT out the ying-yang)
64%
Move to Houston, Texas
9%
Move to SF Bay Area, California
No votes
Move back to Chicago, Illinois
No votes
Move back to NYC
No votes
Other/Misc.
27%

Total votes: 11
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Dallas would be my pick, E_Irizzary! Like the others have mentioned: Texas's economy is hot right now! Well...until the liberals come in and muck-it up somehow like they have done to California's and Michigan's economy...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Anti-American wrote:Why not just go outside the United States? What's stopping you?
Probably the fact that he is broke.

Good luck OP. I knew we had something in common - we are not looked after by the system and so have to live by our wits.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

I would suggest the DMV area (DC Maryland Virginia). There are a lot of IT jobs in the area and it is a great place to get a good paying job. I know tons of single women who bought a house in this area and are making a great salary. It is common to meet women who make over 100K.

On the down side, because of the high salaries, women here are very stuck up. If you don't have more money than the woman you are chasing, your chances are very slim of getting her. One of the first questions they ask a man is "What do you do for a living?"

Sharepoint/Developer jobs in the DMV http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/sear ... ToPosting=
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Most of the dudes posting suggestions seriously don't understand the situation this dude is in. I unfortunately do, but unfortunately I don't know the solution. Hopefully someone who wants him to do a job can post. Otherwise, good luck guy.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

I don't know E's full story but I have been homeless too. If he wants any advice, I will be more than happy to reach out to him.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

The Professor wrote:Did they warn you before this before this happened or just fire you out of the blue?
Taco wrote:Well, don't worry about getting fired. The last time I was fired I found a job a few months later making twice as much money. I've heard Texas has a lot of jobs right now but I don't know much about it. You can google "Texas jobs" see what you come up with. I hope everything works out for you.
Don't worry? He's only got a little time left in his homeless shelter, he's on the brink of homelessness all because of making a harmless comment.
Thank you for you caring for me. However, they didn't warn me. I never used a pejorative during the calls. I really don't remember making c.rass comments. All I remember is all the people whom I got to enroll at the college (not on every call nor most calls was I the reason they fired me) I would make then feel very special.

Reality alert: I think due to the White feminists that worked there, they didn't like that I was giving advice to people over the phone about IT when they inquired about CIS/IT programs at the college and what they need to do. I talked about LGBT and feminism without bashing it on the phone when I felt the subject needed to be addressed, but they couldn't fire me off of that. They waited until I said something non-PC but not crass either. I really think that's why they got rid of me along side of the fact that they knew I was an IT techie before working there so they had me faced where they can see what I do on my screen 24/7. I think they knew I was an anti-feminist and didn't approve of AW. They are getting sharp now, and my A-game is on its F-game now.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:Most of the dudes posting suggestions seriously don't understand the situation this dude is in. I unfortunately do, but unfortunately I don't know the solution. Hopefully someone who wants him to do a job can post. Otherwise, good luck guy.
As much as I dislike your dispositions on many things (and agree with you on some things), thank you for your support. I'm glad you are mature enough to be human when it comes to situations like this. I don't have to like many of the things you say, but at least I respect your honesty. Thank you.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Array9 wrote:I would suggest the DMV area (DC Maryland Virginia). There are a lot of IT jobs in the area and it is a great place to get a good paying job. I know tons of single women who bought a house in this area and are making a great salary. It is common to meet women who make over 100K.

On the down side, because of the high salaries, women here are very stuck up. If you don't have more money than the woman you are chasing, your chances are very slim of getting her. One of the first questions they ask a man is "What do you do for a living?"

Sharepoint/Developer jobs in the DMV http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/sear ... ToPosting=
Yeah, but I cannot get security clearance due to my abhorrent credit/FICA score. Maybe now I can even though I haven't applied in DMV metro area since 2005. I haven't taken out any credit since 2002 nor paid on anything since 2002.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ok so it leads me to this (thank you by the way, Array9)....

After DFW, if need be, should I go to DMV or Seattle?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1 wrote:Dallas would be my pick, E_Irizzary! Like the others have mentioned: Texas's economy is hot right now! Well...until the liberals come in and muck-it up somehow like they have done to California's and Michigan's economy...
Thank you, too, sir. I think I might swing to DMV if DFW doesn't work out after let's say 6 months and/or I don't have at least 15 stacks to my name. Even though I don't have security clearance, I might still be able to get something because that's the best SharePoint Developer market in the U.S. of Gay hands down.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Array9 wrote:I would suggest the DMV area (DC Maryland Virginia). There are a lot of IT jobs in the area and it is a great place to get a good paying job. I know tons of single women who bought a house in this area and are making a great salary. It is common to meet women who make over 100K.

Yeah, but I cannot get security clearance due to my abhorrent credit/FICA score. Maybe now I can even though I haven't applied in DMV metro area since 2005. I haven't taken out any credit since 2002 nor paid on anything since 2002.
That area is too f***ing expensive to live in (in safe places at least) and farther from Central and South America too. Harder to stack paper in places like that.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

kai1275 wrote:

That area is too f***ing expensive to live in (in safe places at least) and farther from Central and South America too. Harder to stack paper in places like that.
I know, but I can live in a shelter in DC and stack paper. The main problem is that I wouldn't have a place to record my music. I cannot even release my demo, and it's end of summer. I am hypocrite because of that right now, and I'm not too crazy about that feeling.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

kai1275 wrote:

I know, but I can live in a shelter in DC and stack paper. The main problem is that I wouldn't have a place to record my music. I cannot even release my demo, and it's end of summer. I am hypocrite because of that right now, and I'm not too crazy about that feeling.
Can't you just buy studio time at a local studio? That is what most people do. If you got some paper from work, you can afford a few hours at a studio every month if that means alot to you.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

It means a lot to me

...I don't like to spend a lot of money recording it when I am already on a limited budget, since I have a lot of material to record, and I make better songs per diem and not in a studio environment under pressure to not spend much.

I need a place of my own I can record. You cannot put "if it means that much to you" parameter on it because it does mean that much. I have to put priorities in a row so I can line them up as ducks in a row.
getmyazzouttahere
Freshman Poster

Post by getmyazzouttahere »

I've gotta ask: Why the racial obsession over the whole thing? I don't get what that has to do with anything that happened.