My Pattaya, Thailand Trip

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.

Is Pattaya on your bucket list?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 7
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

My Pattaya, Thailand Trip

Post by xiongmao »

While living in Bangkok I found out that my condo was conveniently located for one of the bus stations that runs bus trips to Pattaya.

So I shelled out 124 baht on the bus trip and spent a few days last week living it up in the party capital of the world :lol: .

What goes on in Pattaya stays in Pattaya. But it's a good place to go to find an Asian girlfriend, or even check out if you want an Asian wife in the first place. Not sure it would be a good place to actually find a wife though.

But if you like beer, bars, women, clubbing, playing pool, sitting by the sea, ladyboys or people watching then you need to add a weekend in Pattaya to your bucket list.

It's also a pretty cheap place to live or visit, and has a huge expat population. I told my family I'm not going back to the UK. I'll just wait until all of the Brits move to Pattaya!

Highlights for me included:
  • Sexy beautiful gogo dancers :wink:
    Seeing a young Russian guy make fun of a ladyboy, not knowing that the ladyboy was a fluent Russian speaker. Needless to say he got a bit of a kicking.
    Two bar girls tottering around on 6" heels while squaring up outside a gogo bar.
    My first English fried breakfast for 6 months.
    The music volume in the Arab bars, which was simply incredible. I never knew sound systems could go that loud.
    The general freedom to party hard - that was really missing in China.
    People watching - seeing old dudes with young ladies, dudes with dudes, dudes with ladyboys, girls with girls and (shock) dudes with their wives.
Lowlights:
  • Horrible car crash on the freeway back to Bangkok involving a crushed car and a lorry that ended up in a ditch.
    Stupid farangs.
    Chinese tourists just driving around in massive buses and spending one day in each place!
    Walking around in the early hours and the stray dogs eyeing me up as if I was a walking pork chop.
    Realising I have a very poor ability to spot ladyboys :shock: .
    The beach wasn't great - definitely not as good as The Beach in the film also called The Beach.
    Severe lack of bikini babes on the beach.
Photos to follow...
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

The famous sign:

Walking Street:

Many GoGo bars on Walking Street. If I lived there I would visit them all:

Not a good night to go out without an umbrella:

Incidentally, these Jeepney type things are how to get around in Pattaya. Just hop on the back and remember not to fall off the back or bang your head on the roof.

Driving rain:

Beach - severe lack of Russian girls in thong bikinis...

Tourists (mainly Korean girls it would seem) waiting for the bus home. Don't worry, they will be back...

Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

You take beautiful pics. Thanks for posting.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Thanks Jester - just for you here are some more photos.

Only took my small(ish) camera as not really a place to take an SLR. Besides, there's a general feeling of what goes on in these kinds of places needs to stay there.

Anyway, a few more photos:

Soi 7. By day it's pretty safe, by night it's full of ladies who will drag you into bars...

Soi 7 ladies were quite nice, but the Soi 7 pizza place was a great find.

Gogo bar. These places are kind of fun, and there's no no-touching policy like those places in Vegas...

Some of the shows these places put on are kind of :shock:.

Saw a couple of gogo girls arguing outside a bar. Maybe Bee has slept with Noi's boyfriend!

Where bar girls go to buy their very, very small shorts:

Nobody on the beach - they're all in clubs and bars:

Incidentally, it's not all gogo bars in Pattaya. I went into one bar and there was a pretty terrible Western Lady Gaga tribute singer - she'd obviously been classically trained but a bar girl would have been better suited to belting out Gaga to a bar full of old dudes.

And some of the bars had other entertainment, like live Muay Thai boxing. This was very impressive - never get into a fight with a short, stocky Thai guy - they could kick your head off in the blink of an eye.

There were also plenty of discos.

And there are a lot of tourists. Many Brits go there, as well as Russians, Indians and the Middle Easterns. The Chinese walk around in those plastic rain capes, the Brits walk around with tattoos.

But on the whole, it's just a place for guys to meet women :lol:. And ladyboys :shock:.
Attorney at Large
Freshman Poster

Post by Attorney at Large »

I never had a desire to go to Pattaya as I heard it was just a big whorehouse. But it seems to be a litle more than that...I'll include it on my bucket list.

Thanks for the report and pics.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I went to Pattaya when I visited Thailand on vacation and I didn't like it! Too many damn foreigners and mongers for my liking. The girls are also of low-quality--with most of them being bar-girls, ladyboys, and prostitutes....

I preferred Koh Samui and Chiang Mai over Pattaya...
RichieBoy
Freshman Poster

Post by RichieBoy »

Yes you are right, the music at the Arab discos is very loud, its behind Walking Street...great place to get shisha

You should have taken a 5 minute trip around to Jomtien where the beach is beautiful
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Go to Phuket, its much better and cleaner place, higher quality girls

Pattaya girls look cheap and dirty

Last time I was thee I banged black chiks from Africa, 1000-1500 bahts for hot black ass, thick thighs
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Pattaya and Phuket are both filthy tourist cesspools. Pattaya in general is a big shithole but it's an entertaining shit hole because there are all sorts of freaks walking about there. Phuket is mostly a place where you go to get scammed by Thai thugs.
bkk_bro
Freshman Poster

Post by bkk_bro »

There's no place like Patty. It's heaven on earth for the lonely heart. Best enjoyed with friends imo, but you will make friends quickly on your own haha. I first though it was a bit of a dingy hole, and it is, but if you go with a fun attitude, and let loose, it grows on you.
Going with your mates and having fun with the girls is simply awesome, I'd trade every weekend of the year in Canada's loser bars for one in Pattaya with the bros.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

bkk_bro wrote:There's no place like Patty. It's heaven on earth for the lonely heart. Best enjoyed with friends imo, but you will make friends quickly on your own haha. I first though it was a bit of a dingy hole, and it is, but if you go with a fun attitude, and let loose, it grows on you.
Going with your mates and having fun with the girls is simply awesome, I'd trade every weekend of the year in Canada's loser bars for one in Pattaya with the bros.
Yea, it grows on you. Like fungus.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
bkk_bro wrote:There's no place like Patty. It's heaven on earth for the lonely heart. Best enjoyed with friends imo, but you will make friends quickly on your own haha. I first though it was a bit of a dingy hole, and it is, but if you go with a fun attitude, and let loose, it grows on you.
Pattaya was the place I wen to on my very first trip to Thailand, and overseas. I had the time of my life, and it changed my life completely.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Voice of Reason wrote:
Pattaya was the place I wen to on my very first trip to Thailand, and overseas. I had the time of my life, and it changed my life completely.
Pattaya changed my life too — I finally realized that women in mass are whores, not just, that slut.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Voice of Reason wrote:
Pattaya changed my life too — I finally realized that women in mass are whores, not just, that slut.
They're the same everywhere.

The only difference is that in Pattaya they are more open about it, whereas the western feminist whores are more furtive about it.

But the principle is still the same - They use the p***y to gain resources earned by men. Pattaya whores will actually give you their p***y for your cash, whereas western feminist whores use their entitlement complexes, and never give you their p***y because they see sex as a competition and don't want to appear "easy", but they are still happy to take cash/resources off you.
collins
Freshman Poster

Post by collins »

I have no words to explain koh samui property. Everyone knows about the beauty and the awesome envvironment.
http://www.samuipropertyonline.com/