The Filipinas (Observations/Tips)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

And that is precisely the reason many hot young 20-something Filipina is willing to marry the fat, bald 60-something "rich" Kano....not because he is guapo. And her parents are probably pressuring her to marry the old guy so that they can drain his wealth through her.

As for the "rich American" making 44 times the salary of the average Filipino: This one particular Filipina I met kept implying how "rich" I was and how I should be generously buying her gifts. So I drew a picture of my "wealth" in relation to the cost of things in the U.S. compared to Filipino's salary relative to the cost of things in the Philippines. It became apparent to her that I wasn't THAT rich after all.

Thereafter, she refused my calls, texts, etc. in other words, she dumped me. That confirmed my suspicions she was digging for gold...American gold.

By the way, I like your "dream".

[quote="ladislav"]Americans are mocked by the world outside about the fact that they don't know anything about the world outside of America or that they have distorted ideas about how things are in other countries. Particularly, they think that every country is poorer than the US.

Filipinos have a similar issue with other countries but it's the opposite. In their minds, every country on earth is richer than the Philippines, and[i] poreners[/i] are all super rich with unlimited supplies of cash. All [i]poreners[/i] earn dollars ( like there are no Euros, no riyals, etc) and even the lowliest person makes 44 times the salary of an average Filipino. Not twice as much, not three times as much but a whooping 44 times as much. Because it is 44 pesos to the dollar. Logical, isn't it?

And Americans are astronomically rich, unthinkably rich.

My dream is for America to be as rich as what Filipinos think it is.[/quote][i][/i]
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Now on an online dating site for local Filipina dating (for Filipinos). I've never had this much fun in online dating!! Like shooting fish in a barrel!!

---------------------

I saw 2 foreigners in the MARKET MARKET mall holding hands with a Filipino child and with a Filipina wife. Ok.. so I guess if I get someone pregnant at least she could still get someone to support the child .. kidding!! :)

---------------------

The motel to use is called SOGO! you can find them everywhere and they are budget friendly. This is what you use. Nice and clean inside. Totally acceptable.. cuz people live with parents and it's convenient (they are everywhere). f**k the hotel.. just bring them here. Ranges from $5-$10. Get it from hours to whole day. It's the same as in Latin-American love motel except it is a chain.

http://www.hotelsogo.com/

Look for something that looks like this

---------------

A girl inside a Jeepney showed me her Iphone5 when I got her #. I lol'd hard. :lol:

I only have a Iphone4 (i'm poor!) which I had unlocked to the tune of ~$10. Go look for Muslim phone vendors, they are more honest in my experience. I think I will be getting a phone plan. The girls also have a habit of calling me (they pay) --- and I only want to text them. I'll check the phone plans soon.

---------------

Security guard at a university whistled (used his whistle) on me for too much public display of affection. BTW, compared to Latin America, PDA is very minimal here. No many make-outs at public locations.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I second that comment about avoiding expensive restaurants. I got suckered like that once by a Filipina. She took me to an expensive seafood restaurant and the total date ended up costing me $74. And I couldn't even get a peck on the cheek from her, even after 3 dates! She was spoiled because she used to have a rich German bf. Later on I dated unspoiled Pinays who were much more beautiful, lower maintenance, and they couldn't keep their hands off of me. :)
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

When it rains, it pours. Before you go to this country please bring an umbrella and stock up on vitamin C.

I got fked by the rain. It has not stopped raining for 2 days. I love it but I'm sick. cough cough.

On that note, Filipinas love having sex when it is raining. It's almost a cultural phenomenon.

-----------

update: crap I think I have dengue!

info on dengue fever:
Last edited by mguy on September 16th, 2013, 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

"Black Under Arms"

Blackened armpit is seen as a beauty penalty by Filipinas. Basically, they think their armpits should be clear and smooth. Curiously, I have now been checking the armpits of the girls for signs of "Black Under Arms" and I have never noticed this before.

Tease your Filipina about Black UnderArms.. they will be illogically highly conscious about it. haha!

remember, tease your Filipina about black underarms to see the effect of this. :lol:

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:
If you're in SE Asia long time then there's potential for sugar daddy type roles and part-time girlfriends. Why date a 35yo when you can date a 20yo.

I would be getting some strange looks back at home (well I get them anyway!!!) but here anything goes.
:lol:

You used to avoid the young ones, back in Guangzhou or Shenzen or wherever.

Asia is changing you!

:wink:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

momopi wrote:A little OT trivia: There are ~27 Jollibee's in the US. I eat at the one in Cerritos and their fried chicken ("chicken joy") is much better than KFC these days.

Folks living in California might not be aware that we have some Philippine chains here, such as Jollibee, Red Ribbon, Chowking, Goldilocks, Max's Restaurant of Manila, etc.

I quit going to KFC, I'll try Jollibee if I see one.

We have lots of Flips in Glendale, and a Max's of Manila.

Flips are the least trouble of anyone here, nice people.

Except for the skinny jeans on the boys.... :roll:
mguy
Junior Poster

.5jap-.5flip

Post by mguy »

here's a convo i had via viber.

I did not cheat. i have not taken the boards yet so i am just a dental student who graduated from dentistry. a peacock lays.... blue eggs.

me:I think yours looks cute. You have a nice smile, but you might be masungit in person. Hard to tell too early.

well. i have not dated in a long time. masungit? is that how most girls here strike you?

me: how is dating like her in Manila? I need a guide... will you do extra if I get my teeth cleaned? Smile

dating in manila... is nice if you are a guy with standards

me: Are you saying i don't have standards with you? That is a mean thing to say

nah.

i think i phrased it wrong.

the dating scene is nicer to guys because there are more single women here Smile

hot ones too

it's just a durn pity my friends all went back to their respective motherlands after graduation.

me: why are there more single women? what happened to the guys???? oh noooooooo

i don't have a clue.

me: would you date me?

i think you will not have any problem finding dates. you seem like a happy lad.

me: where would you take me on a date?

i should ask you the same question.

me: candy store.

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

"The richer the girl, the cheaper the date."
-mguy

There is truth to this.

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

As more western men flock Manila, the more Manila will become the next Medellin.

mguy
Junior Poster

"Sungit"

Post by mguy »

I have a powerful effective flirting word.

"sungit"

Drop this word when she's and not welcoming of your advances or being super open to your advances. You can use this in chat or in person.

"sungit"

Literally, "bitchy" "sulky" "irritable" but endearing (English just can't capture it!). It is a negative for a Filipina to be called "sungit" -- it's almost an attack to their femininity. Like she's not "open" to being flirted on.

Usage:
You: well I wan't to take you here
Her: well.. I'm busy
You: sungit

you: you're so pretty, but you're so sungit
^ super neg
her: no I'm not...... nooooooo. I'm nottttttttttttttttt!

It's a word used in flirting. Keep using it in flirting with your pinay. She will always be defensive that she's not (haha) after that and she will like you for it.

"sungit"

http://translate.sandayong.com/cebuano/ ... git-sungit
Last edited by mguy on September 26th, 2013, 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

mguy
Junior Poster

The Jeepney Test

Post by mguy »

The real down to earth test for the Pinay is the "jeepney" test. If your girl is ok riding in a jeep, she is keeper material. This is especially true in Manila or big cities.

A good looking jeep riding girl is who I really want to meet. Not these uppity non-tagalog speaking daddys-girls who hangs out in seen-to-be-seen bars. Rock got it good.

I want simple but beautiful pinay, not a corrupted one. I can pick her up in a car yes *taxi, but to get her to ride a jeep with me? Priceless.

This should be a test for a man here in the Philippines. If she is good she will ride, if she has elitist mentality, she will scoff at the idea. Fck her then.

Last edited by mguy on September 26th, 2013, 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

davewe wrote:
ladislav wrote:Americans are mocked by the world outside about the fact that they don't know anything about the world outside of America or that they have distorted ideas about how things are in other countries. Particularly, they think that every country is poorer than the US.

Filipinos have a similar issue with other countries but it's the opposite. In their minds, every country on earth is richer than the Philippines, and poreners are all super rich with unlimited supplies of cash. All poreners earn dollars ( like there are no Euros, no riyals, etc) and even the lowliest person makes 44 times the salary of an average Filipino. Not twice as much, not three times as much but a whooping 44 times as much. Because it is 44 pesos to the dollar. Logical, isn't it?

And Americans are astronomically rich, unthinkably rich.

My dream is for America to be as rich as what Filipinos think it is.
+1

My girl just this morning gave me the 40-1 logic and she is here in the US, has gone to plenty of stores and malls, and still doesn't understand the money ratio completely. And BTW, she is a recent BS in Business Ad. Point is the stereotype is so engrained it is universally believed in PI.

Thais do this all the time, must be SEA thing

Try to explain to them how stock market works :lol:
Digit
Freshman Poster

Post by Digit »

I love philippinas! Wish we had Jollibees in my country. I would hang out there just to meet some pinay girls hehe.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Digit wrote:I love philippinas! Wish we had Jollibees in my country. I would hang out there just to meet some pinay girls hehe.
aaahh, looking to add a side dish of adobo with your piroshki?

Nice!
:wink: