Hello! I'm from Montana

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
ZaroSath
Freshman Poster

Hello! I'm from Montana

Post by ZaroSath »

Hello everyone, i'm ZaroSath from Montana (of the US), i'll be turning 20 in a few months ;)

Its great to be here, i stumbled upon this community accidentally while searching about 'life abroad' and am very excited to have found a community with like-minded goals.

as the saying goes "the grass is always greener on the other side" i took an interest in asian cultures initially for its women though i really dont seek obedient or petite women like some might (i suspect i cant have much happiness without the relationship being equal), i find their beauty really captivates me.

but not only do foreign women fascinate me, their cultures do as well! i'm looking into moving to or at least visiting asia and really see the world aside from my current little window of it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kai1275
Experienced Poster

Re: Hello! I'm from Montana

Post by kai1275 »

ZaroSath wrote:Hello everyone, i'm ZaroSath from Montana (of the US), i'll be turning 20 in a few months ;)

Its great to be here, i stumbled upon this community accidentally while searching about 'life abroad' and am very excited to have found a community with like-minded goals.

as the saying goes "the grass is always greener on the other side" i took an interest in asian cultures initially for its women though i really dont seek obedient or petite women like some might (i suspect i cant have much happiness without the relationship being equal), i find their beauty really captivates me.

but not only do foreign women fascinate me, their cultures do as well! i'm looking into moving to or at least visiting asia and really see the world aside from my current little window of it.
If you think you like their culture prepare for a shock. It is more man-centric than you think it is. That is a good thing though. I learned to let go of my American-Style Feminist conditioning and learn how to be more of a real husband with my Chinese wife. None of it is bad either. Just more traditional. We are super happy and both of us enjoy our roles. There is no confusion on who is what. I could go on and on, but let us know which Asian cultures you are interested in and check out the Asia Subforum. My Mainland China dating guide is in there, lots of Philipines and Thailand guides and information, as well as Taiwan, Vietnam, etc. Or Japan knowledge is a tad light as far as guides and FAQs, but some of us have fairly good knowledge on Japan as well, but just don't agree on the same strategies sometimes.

Anyway, have fun.
ZaroSath
Freshman Poster

Post by ZaroSath »

haha i dont mind traditional roles, i guess i just pictured more than one interested in extremely submissive women, i was already fairly aware of it being more man-centric (which is part of the appeal) but just not how much.

i have an interest in china actually ;) i may not agree with all their policies such as the 1-child policy though i agree it makes sense to help control population levels, the only problem with that though is i hear it has caused the gender unbalance.. which asks the question, is it hard to find somebody in china?

i can accept such policies however and think the pro's still outweigh the cons.

is Taiwan a good consideration still retaining many of the qualities china offers without some of the cons?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome ZaroSath.

I would say that China women are far more open and sociable than Taiwanese women, based on my experience. Taiwanese girls are far more cliquish, closed, cold and paranoid. They aren't as open with strangers nor do they make eye contact comfortably. They are not relaxed, but paranoid and high strung, similar to American women but without the contempt for men.

But some guys do well in Taiwan. It depends on how you vibe with them, how you look, and how young you are. Rock vibes with them naturally but I don't, for example.

China women are more direct, sociable and friendly. But Taiwan has a higher percentage of hotter girls.

The traditional values in both countries are similar. But Taiwan is more liberal and accepting of gays and ladyboys.

Taiwan has more political freedom in that you are allowed to criticize the government or its leaders, which you can't do in China. But Taiwan seems to be more politically correct in that young women there do not like to hear negative things and only like to hear positive things, even if they aren't true. Thus, political correctness is placed higher than truth and honesty, similar to how it is in the US. I find China women to be more open to hearing negative truths and comparisons, and better able to hold deeper conversations too. In other words, I didn't find that China women were as big on political correctness as Taiwanese women are.

If you write Taiwanese girls on dating sites, you will also find that many modern Taiwanese girls have spoiled Western values too. They aren't as down-to-earth as women in China, in my experience.
Last edited by Winston on September 27th, 2013, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ZaroSath wrote:haha i dont mind traditional roles, i guess i just pictured more than one interested in extremely submissive women, i was already fairly aware of it being more man-centric (which is part of the appeal) but just not how much.

i have an interest in china actually ;) i may not agree with all their policies such as the 1-child policy though i agree it makes sense to help control population levels, the only problem with that though is i hear it has caused the gender unbalance.. which asks the question, is it hard to find somebody in china?

i can accept such policies however and think the pro's still outweigh the cons.

is Taiwan a good consideration still retaining many of the qualities china offers without some of the cons?
I think Taipei is a great springboard if not final destination for someone interested in Greater China like u seem to be. If you've never been abroad and you are coming from the States, it will be easier to adjust to than about anywhere in China. Take baby steps. Taiwanese are generally polite and soft spoken, the infrastructure for transport, food, internet/telecom, general comfort is as good or better than anywhere I've been to in the world. You can learn Mandarin there before hitting various tier cities in China. Some things I don't like about China which I've encountered there - dangerous traffic with people who sometimes defy common sense in the way they drive, rude uncouth behavior, yelling and arguing over petty shit, heavily restricted Internet, much more complicated and less user friendly for getting around, visas, etc., girls who tend to be flat assed and too skinny, more xenophobia and higher percentage of girls who won't date westerners than in Taiwan, general brainwashed nature regarding certain events and attitudes, and girls expecting guys to provide condo or house to be qualified to marry them (just a percentage of them of course).

Some guys like Falcon and Winston get highly turned off by the introverted and closed nature common of Taiwan girls. But as a 20 year-old foreigner, I anticipate you would have an easy time meeting young and attractive local ot girls for dating assuming you are decent looking and all plus u r willing and able to be proactive face-to-face. Same applies to China.

BTW, I rented my spare room to an American guy and Cantonese British girl at beginning of September, both late 20s. They are English teachers from Korea with 1 and 2 years of teaching experience, respectively. Both secured full time work teaching kids at first schools they applied to within 5 days of their arrival and both will make NT$60,000 (US$2,000) per month working from 8:30-4:30 pm 5 days a week. They had Easy Cards (for subway, busses, taxis, bicycles, convenience stores, etc) within 2 day of arriving plus prepaid phone+3G service.