Falcon picks up at the park: Visayas, Philippines (photos)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Update

I'm back here in Bangkok. I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I'm finally getting back my lost youth consisting of 4 dateless years of high school and 4 more dateless years of college in the US.

Miss Isaan, aka Bug Lady, had a reunion with me, and was absolutely ecstatic when she saw me for the first time in 3 months. We feasted on more bugs together (bamboo worms, water beetles, big crickets, tiny crickets, ants, grasshoppers) and tom yum soup at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that she had also taken Xiongmao to before.

Everdred, Xiongmao, and I had dinner together with Miss Burma, who seems to already be thinking of me as a fiancé. She couldn't stop smiling when around me. Shy but definitely very, very interested. Incredibly sweet and cute.

Miss Indonesia misses me more than ever and is messaging me a lot. She wants me back in Taipei.

The Visayan ladies are also messaging me and telling me to come back to the Philippines next year.

How did I go from being a dateless, ignored celibate monk to a playboy? This change was so sudden and pleasantly surprising.

I really don't care anymore if urban middle-class women in the USA or elsewhere look down on me as socially incompetent with my female peers. Because I now have way too many choices outside their narrow social worlds!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Can't say I had the same experience as all of you guys, however, I went from literally getting hit on ONCE in a year if that by a average girl at best, to girls constantly saying how handsome I was randomly in public.

My experiences told me more or less all I needed to know, anywhere is better then the usa for dating, unless your in the middle of nowhere in the bible belt MAYBE and even then good luck finding a thin attractive girl.

As for the comment about youth and going abroad, I don't know what qualifies as youth, but I'm 28 right now and if things go bad with my GF I know I'm at least taking month long vacations going on wife hunts, because your chances are higher in 1 month vacationing in another country then trying your entire life with the locals.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Falcon wrote: Miss Isaan, aka Bug Lady, had a reunion with me, and was absolutely ecstatic when she saw me for the first time in 3 months. We feasted on more bugs together (bamboo worms, water beetles, big crickets, tiny crickets, ants, grasshoppers) and tom yum soup at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that she had also taken Xiongmao to before.

I saw a variety of insects/bugs being sold at the markets in Bangkok. I also saw some baby birds that looked like they had been fried whole. I don't know that I'm adventurous enough to try those types of things. Grasshoppers, ants and bamboo worms might be OK, but I have my doubts about crickets and water beetles. I'm a HUGE fan of Thai food, but not so much the insect variety....lol.

Great post though, really makes me wish I could just fly the f**k out of here....
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:Update

I'm back here in Bangkok. I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I'm finally getting back my lost youth consisting of 4 dateless years of high school and 4 more dateless years of college in the US.

Miss Isaan, aka Bug Lady, had a reunion with me, and was absolutely ecstatic when she saw me for the first time in 3 months. We feasted on more bugs together (bamboo worms, water beetles, big crickets, tiny crickets, ants, grasshoppers) and tom yum soup at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that she had also taken Xiongmao to before.

Everdred, Xiongmao, and I had dinner together with Miss Burma, who seems to already be thinking of me as a fiancé. She couldn't stop smiling when around me. Shy but definitely very, very interested. Incredibly sweet and cute.

Miss Indonesia misses me more than ever and is messaging me a lot. She wants me back in Taipei.

The Visayan ladies are also messaging me and telling me to come back to the Philippines next year.

How did I go from being a dateless, ignored celibate monk to a playboy? This change was so sudden and pleasantly surprising.

I really don't care anymore if urban middle-class women in the USA or elsewhere look down on me as socially incompetent with my female peers. Because I now have way too many choices outside their narrow social worlds!
Yeah here comes the new movie...
"Playboy Monk"

But you need to be on some kind of mission... maybe the Asian Rosetta Stone... being chased by armed men working for rival collectors...

So how do you look in saffron?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

magnum wrote:Can't say I had the same experience as all of you guys, however, I went from literally getting hit on ONCE in a year if that by a average girl at best, to girls constantly saying how handsome I was randomly in public.

My experiences told me more or less all I needed to know, anywhere is better then the usa for dating, unless your in the middle of nowhere in the bible belt MAYBE and even then good luck finding a thin attractive girl.

As for the comment about youth and going abroad, I don't know what qualifies as youth, but I'm 28 right now and if things go bad with my GF I know I'm at least taking month long vacations going on wife hunts, because your chances are higher in 1 month vacationing in another country then trying your entire life with the locals.
As I remember you were VERY down and depressed.

But you TOOK ACTION.

And now you know!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Jester wrote:Yeah here comes the new movie...
"Playboy Monk"

But you need to be on some kind of mission... maybe the Asian Rosetta Stone... being chased by armed men working for rival collectors...

Rock, Xiongmao, Everdred, and Winston will definitely need to be part of the cast. :wink:

There are plenty of monasteries here in Thailand. I'd look great in saffron if I shave my head, which might cost only around $2 USD here.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Falcon wrote:Rock, Xiongmao, Everdred, and Winston will definitely need to be part of the cast. :wink:
It would be the worst gay pr0n movie ever.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:
Jester wrote:Yeah here comes the new movie...
"Playboy Monk"

Rock, Xiongmao, Everdred, and Winston will definitely need to be part of the cast. :wink:

There are plenty of monasteries here in Thailand. I'd look great in saffron if I shave my head, which might cost only around $2 USD here.
Falcon is GAME!

Xiongmao can be your sidekick who never scores. You can be one of those temporary monks who isn't allowed to touch a woman. You keep trying to flip interested girls to Xiongmao but he can't close the deal.

Rock can be the realist/pessimist who keeps bursting everyone's bubble.

Not sure what role for Everdred - he's a Brit right?

And WINSTON... hmmm... maybe the evil genius?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Voice of Reason wrote:
Digit wrote:
Does this place where youre staying have some website you can post here?
Im always interested in Bangkok accomodation.
Yes it has a website, but I'm not going to post it here because then people will know where I'm living.
And the friend who betrays you will be played by Voice of Reason!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

MORE FROM WESTERN VISAYAS

(Different girl, different town, different story)

While staying at a village in rural Western Visayas, the owner of the bamboo house/hut I was staying at (a woman in her 40's) introduced me to her 22-yr-old daughter (my age). Obviously she was considering me as a potential spouse for her daughter. :D She had suddenly knocked on my door just after sunset and brought in her daughter. Haven just woken up from my afternoon nap, I was groggy and a bit shocked, but pleasantly surprised. She said, "Here's my daughter. Now I'll leave you alone with her, and you two can get to know each other."

The daughter herself was really, really into me! She works at an Internet cafe in the village, and once when I went there her friends were all really impressed by they thought was their friends' tall, impressive boyfriend from abroad. Several girls, who were all students at a local junior college, kept whispering, point, and giggling at me, obviously thinking I'm some sort of a trophy boyfriend. :P

Here's the goodbye message she had sent me:
[Falcon], sorry coz i never have a chance to say goodbye to you . And don't have much time just to bring you anywhere here in my place.. Hope that your happy in your staying here even for a couple days.. I hope you won't forget us until you're in thailand.. May you have the happiness in whatever you do and wherever you go.. We're happy for having you here.. Sorry coz i don't have much time to it to you personally, or might i can't say this words if facing.. happy trip always [Falcon]. God bless you always..
Such a sweet, heartfelt goodbye!

The mother spoke little English, so I talked to her mostly in Tagalog. The children were all comfortable speaking English though. The family speaks Ilonggo at home everyday.

Here she is, the girl white T-shirt on the right. Great personality, but probably quite ordinary and average to most local Filipino guys. But I thought she's quite cute and pretty.

Her older sister is currently working as a cashier in Dubai, UAE (one of Ladislav's old stomping grounds). I thought she's actually cuter than her younger sister, hehe. Here's her sister in a cave by her family's home, which her brothers had taken me to before. Wow, so cute!

Here's her mom, aka potential mother-in-law. :P

To get to their house, you have to cross a shaky bamboo bridge (though that's not their house on the front left side).

"Mother-in-law"'s tasty cooking.

But hang on tight, because I'll be writing a report on Indonesian ladies. :D
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Ha ha ha, Xiongmao is doing OK in Bangkok.

I've been a bit busy of late, as I've put stuff on hold to try and get my career back on track, should I want to find a job again.

Anyway, by night I'm becoming increasingly crazy, while by day I've been writing some amazing code.

Maybe we've over-geeked of late. Tonight Falcon went home at 10, but I kept his ladies entertained. They wanted to go to a nightclub but they're probably used to getting in for free whereas farangs have to pay a 700 baht cover. Anyway, I said it was too much, and we're going elsewhere.

So we went to Soi Cowboy instead. It's far cheaper and I've never got ripped off there. Also EVERY lady in that street is single. Awesome :lol:.

Falcon's Issan lady had a fun time dancing to a live band, and I also got up for a bit of a dance.

One of the dancers there was absolutely incredible, and would easily have qualified for Dancing With the Stars. Hmm, I must return there and buy her a lady drink!

After that we walked back to Nana and stopped in the very cheap speakeasy that Falcon's girl and I found the other night. We smoked, drank, and watched various oddballs walk past.

I was a bit gutted because the flamoyant ladyboy who was there the other night didn't put in an appearance. She was hilarious with her antics, and the bar staff kept telling her off for posing on the pool table.

I say "her" because she was totally convincing. I showed my sister a photo, and yes, she was completely fooled.

Well they might freak guys out, but ladyboys are on the whole extremely smart and great fun to chat to. And there's the added danger of setting them off and them doing something crazy. I saw this in Pattaya where a stupid Russian young guy with his mom insulted a pack of ladyboys, not knowing that they were fluent Russian speakers :oops:.

As for my "legit" dating, well I'm having the same problems as Falcon. It's easy to make contact with girls, but hard to go on dates because Thai ladies "work" such long hours. I say "work" because they don't really do much, they just have to be in the office/shop/restaurant and sit around. Contrast that with the West, where we tend to rush around and do a working week of less than 40 hours.

I did date 4 ladies last week. But I didn't really want to date any of them a second time. My Chinese girls have set some impossibly high standards.

As to tonight, well the milfs are happy. I went home and saw many things. Including a farang having a heated argument with a Thai lady. I don't know what the backstory was but he lost his shirt and went off humiliated. Luckily I then found a cheap bus home but well missed my stop due to the bus travelling at warp speed. I'd love to start a blog about Bangkok buses because they may look old but they've been extensively customised and can drive at astonishing speeds. I know - I've been on the freeway in one :shock:.

Anyway, who knows if Bangkok is a good place to find a wife. But it's sure as hell a good place to have fun :lol:.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

You know I like Falcon but his girls as most here knows don´t appeal to most. But I like his passion and fun and the adventure spirit. keep up the work.

xio, i am very much interested in top dancers. when you find a location where you think this girls can dance so inform me i need some dancing partners who can rock the ship. next time put some pictures of the dancing chick, please.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Billy wrote:You know I like Falcon but his girls as most here knows don´t appeal to most. But I like his passion and fun and the adventure spirit. keep up the work.

xio, i am very much interested in top dancers. when you find a location where you think this girls can dance so inform me i need some dancing partners who can rock the ship. next time put some pictures of the dancing chick, please.
Thanks Billy! :D

See this excellent thread by OTB too (Looks mean nothing!). The girls above have the traits he's talking about.
viewtopic.php?t=20799
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I really hope they're all OK and survived Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda). I haven't heard anything from them for days! :(
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Falcon wrote:I really hope they're all OK and survived Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda). I haven't heard anything from them for days! :(

Oh shit...their area was one of the hardest hit...wasn't it? Hoping they are all OK...