girls at the gym

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Re: girls at the gym

Post by Voice of Reason »

MAR2264419 wrote:Majority of girls At the gym wear spandex pants and tight shirts/workout bra. Do they want attention even working out? Is it some sort of a fashion show between them *look at me I got a big b***y!* I can't even have a peace of mind lifting weights.
It's similar to women wearing revealing clothing on the outside and then complaining about men looking at them.

It is just a ploy for attention.

They go to the gym and wear these tight fitting clothes, and then make out that men are predatory when they glance at them, and they use this to justify women only gyms.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I just don't get what the girl is doing wrong. She's using what she got.

Sure, it's too revealing from an objective standpoint. When YOU have a daughter, perhaps you'll set some different rules.

But in the context of modern American culture does this make her a skank? I don't think so.

A girl's gotta put it out there. It's basic marketing.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Jester wrote:I just don't get what the girl is doing wrong. She's using what she got.

Sure, it's too revealing from an objective standpoint. When YOU have a daughter, perhaps you'll set some different rules.

But in the context of modern American culture does this make her a skank? I don't think so.

Dude, you're missing the point. It's not bad to flaunt it, it's bad to get pissed off when guys give her the attention when she walks around nearly naked.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Hero wrote:
Jester wrote:I just don't get what the girl is doing wrong. She's using what she got.

Dude, you're missing the point. It's not bad to flaunt it, it's bad to get pissed off when guys give her the attention when she walks around nearly naked.
That makes sense.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

I think you guys must be going in with the wrong mindset. I've never had a problem with girls at the gym. Everyone that goes wants to look decent. If you're a swole guy, you'll wear tighter shirts, for instance. There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Most girls wont get bothered if you check them out- they expect it, guys are guys after all. It's when a guy is just staring at them in the mirrors for minutes at a time that it freaks them out.

if you actually were to talk to a lot of the girls at the gym, a lot of them are pretty chill. They are more motivated and goal focused, the kinds of people that are willing to put hard work into something that is worthwhile. That sort of mentality is exactly what makes for a good woman- they aren't all about instant gratification and quick fixes.

There are a good number of them that are shallow narcissists as well, but they are usually the minority, both on the male and female side of the fitness community.

Next time, instead of looking at that girl in the mirror every time she bends over and glaring angrily every time she notices you, try to make some small talk or ask if she needs a spot. You might just learn she's a person that isn't all that bad rather than one of the AW monsters running rampant in most environments.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Gotta agree with DJ and Hero. Women there are trying to get work done, most of the time. Women don't think about sex every 5 mins like men do. Not only that, everyone serious in a gym cannot stand the watercooler guy/girl that is there to bump gums and not lift. After a while that shit gets old, and some folks are tired of the Holiday lifters/workout people. Those new years resolution people. They have shitty arms, shitty legs, and a gut, and always talking. They hog the f***ing machines and are slow as f**k.

You never see them in the gym in summer and fall. There is a reason they look like this and most of us have no interest in wasting time and looking like them. Call me a swol meathead or whatever, but I don't have any interest in talking much at the gym and looking like most of you at the end of the day. Those women feel the same way.

Gym culture is about respect. A swol dude earns the right to chat up whoever they want, because they have seen him or her doing consistent work over a period of time and those women know those people are serious about health and discipline. Gym culture is really no different than night club culture. It's about being seen as consistent. That is a key thing if you were chasing American women in the first place. Consistency. Not being seen as a weirdo with a strange agenda. Hyper-fixation on principles of trust. All AW work off this principle. Being seen, etc.

If there are fine ass hoes at the gym, f**k em. They sometimes look at me and wonder why I'm not trying to holla or speak. I keep a mean mug. I grunt, I spit, I cuss, I lift. I don't give a f**k. When I go to China or anywhere for that matter, I feel good about my appearance and the looks and respect I get. It helps me set the tone for any social encounter I have.

Physical presence matters. Would you do business with a fat slob? If that is the way he takes care of his body, how will they take care of YOUR business?
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

BTW. Most of you men are clueless as f**k.

Most women are competing for the attention of OTHER women. Not for MEN's attention!!! Especially any Feminism indoctrinated ones! Women dress hot at the office for each other, not men. Unless they are trying to brown nose a male boss. Come on fellas. I was once married to an AW, but it doesn't take being married to one to know that AW, wear things THEY like, not what YOU like.

They seriously do not give two f***s what you think they should wear! Seriously! Those yoga pants, are for them to compare their thighs and asses to other women's. Not so you can get a hard on over their camel toe! Why else do you think they are upset when you give them creepy looks? Sure your stares give them ego boosts, but most things they do is in order to compete with other women.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

kai1275 wrote:Women there are trying to get work done, most of the time. Women don't think about sex every 5 mins like men do. Not only that, everyone serious in a gym cannot stand the watercooler guy/girl that is there to bump gums and not lift. After a while that shit gets old, and some folks are tired of the Holiday lifters/workout people. Those new years resolution people. They have shitty arms, shitty legs, and a gut, and always talking. They hog the f***ing machines and are slow as f**k.

When I go to China or anywhere for that matter, I feel good about my appearance and the looks and respect I get. It helps me set the tone for any social encounter I have.

Physical presence matters. Would you do business with a fat slob? If that is the way he takes care of his body, how will they take care of YOUR business?
^^^That's pretty much exactly how I feel about it. I've been hitting the gym for so many years and I am there to get in, work hard, and get out. I HATE it when people sit on the equipment while sending texts on their phone while I am waiting to use it. I leave my phone in the car when I'm at the gym and nothing else matters while I'm there. I'll take care of shit when I get back to the car. You shouldn't be in the gym for much more than an hour anyway...get in, work hard, get out! You shouldn't be taking any time for chit chat with anyone, hot female or not. It's not only male fitness enthusiasts that feel this way so don't be surprised if you get a dirty look from a fit female when you interrupt her routine.

I agree 100% about your point about physical presence, health and fitness. Same could be said about how they take care of their house, their car, etc.. If one doesn't take care of themselves or their possessions, why would I believe they'd take care of anything that matters to me?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MAR2264419 wrote:Majority of girls At the gym wear spandex pants and tight shirts/workout bra.
Why would any reasonable person in America leave their home more often than necessary? I work out at home.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

fschmidt wrote:
MAR2264419 wrote:Majority of girls At the gym wear spandex pants and tight shirts/workout bra.
Why would any reasonable person in America leave their home more often than necessary? I work out at home.
Over a long period of time, I have collected enough equipment to have my own small gym at home. I have saved alot of money doing this, but it takes a while to return on that investment. I rarely go to one outside now and the company has one I use for free now too, which is cool.

I am literally a few pieces or so away from having a full fledged MMA gym inside my house. I would like to knock down one wall and combine a couple room though if I do that.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

fschmidt wrote:
Because I would rather have one of my bros spot me than do the roll of shame. That and I don't like owning much- a few thousand dollars of gym equipment is a lot of shit to keep around. I don't like owning more things than I can fit in a single vehicle as a matter of principle.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

fschmidt wrote:
I live at my parents', and all they have is a bench, two dumbbells, and some plates. Do you realize how long it would take to keep loading and unloading weight? I don't like going to a public gym; it's simply a matter of convenience.

I try to go in the morning, when there aren't any girls around to turn me on.
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Post by Killhoffa »

kai1275 wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
Over a long period of time, I have collected enough equipment to have my own small gym at home. I have saved alot of money doing this, but it takes a while to return on that investment. I rarely go to one outside now and the company has one I use for free now too, which is cool.

I am literally a few pieces or so away from having a full fledged MMA gym inside my house. I would like to knock down one wall and combine a couple room though if I do that.

This is why I like training mma, mostly male dominated without all the @$$ and titties distraction. I've had memberships with a few mainstream fitness clubs. You all are right, the women in those places give that muscle between your legs a workout. I remember training at this one facility, a mainstream and there was this tall caramel chick. She had the flatess tummy, big toned quads and nice perky rack, and a @$$ that even had other women looking at her. To top it off she was very, very pretty in the face. She knew guys were looking at her, but she would pretend not see em. Once I got into mma that problem became very minimal. Even the hand full of ladies that train wear kimonos/gi's!
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Jeremy wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
I live at my parents', and all they have is a bench, two dumbbells, and some plates. Do you realize how long it would take to keep loading and unloading weight? I don't like going to a public gym; it's simply a matter of convenience.

I try to go in the morning, when there aren't any girls around to turn me on.
you are one squat rack away from a perfect home gym. Use free weights if you ever want to build any mass (I'm guessing you dont use them based on your annoyance at loading and unloading weights).
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Lucky me, most of the females at my gym are hideous, so I can just go there and not be distracted while I sculpt.