What would you do if someone was in trouble?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

What would you do if someone was in trouble?

Post by zacb »

hi,

My friend from Indonesia has talked with me recently about her father hitting her and her mother, and that if she told, she and her family would be killed. What should I do as a foreigner?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Stay out of it. In family matters, you can never win.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: What would youdo if someone was in trouble?

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:hi,
My friend from Indonisia has talked with me recently about her father hitting her and her mother, and that if she told, she and her family would be killed. What should I do as a foreigner?
anamericaninbangkok wrote: Stay out of it. In family matters, you can never win.
^^^ This.
(on megaphone) Put down the Captain Save-A-Hoe cape and back away.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

True. It is not because I like her, it is just I feel bad about it, guy or woman. She is a friend , so I feel bad regardless. Perhaps I should just direct her to resources. In any case, I think you are right. There is not much I can do, thus it would be best just to direct her to resources.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Tell her call 911 :mrgreen:

There's not much you can do from so far away. If she asks for money she could be a scammer.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Stay out of FW personal issues. Getting involved while abroad, can get you deported, beaten, and killed. Especially if you are in Asia. That is a man's world. Stay the f**k out of grown men's business while in Asia. If that woman is getting beat or killed, let someone else handle that. Stay out of that mess. Especially if you cannot speak the native language.

You don't want to be that idiot someone from the US embassy came to visit in jail, only to tell you that, "The US does not know you anymore and you are on your own. Oh yeah, here is a few lawyers you can call that might know English. Good luck."

First rule of traveling in Asia should always be: Mind your own damn business.

Nosy white neighbor stuff is for America and the West. You have been warned.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Re: What would youdo if someone was in trouble?

Post by C.J. »

kai1275 wrote:Stay the f**k out of grown men's business...
Mind your own damn business.
EXACTLY! What does he think he's doing!? This is one of the reasons why the west is so messed up.

Here's a story that'll help you figure out WHY you should mind your own business:
http://news.yahoo.com/greenpeace-crew-s ... 32682.html

Stupid westerners? Check. Don't know the native language? Check. f***ing around on foreign soil with no knowledge of the native language? Check. f***ing around with valuable foreign interests? Check. Not minding their own damn business over 2,000 miles away? Check.

They got f***ed? Check. Each one of those idiots deserve to be shot on sight, and I'd side with the Russians on this one. :lol:

Back to zacb though.
Teal Lantern wrote:(on megaphone) Put down the Captain Save-A-Hoe cape and back away.
People wanna be superman and s***. But that kind of foolishness is a waste of time, and will eventually get you into trouble.

Everybody needs a hero, but no one deserves a hero.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I am not in Asia, or anywhere for that matter besides the US. I was talking with her on FB. I sure as hell would not get involved if I was over there. Do you seriously think you should cross a Muslim? I don't think so. Sorry, just the fact.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Everything happens for a reason. These people may he living out their karma. Don't interfere with their destiny.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Winston wrote:Everything happens for a reason. These people may he living out their karma. Don't interfere with their destiny.
You are right. People need to make their own choices. Many times we interfere, but we don't know what led them there. Spoken like a sage :D .
FinnMonash
Freshman Poster

Post by FinnMonash »

Ya friends you all are right ! But just think if such think will happen with our close friends than we will do? Will we just stay out of their matter? I don't think anyone will do this, atleast we must try to save them for a humanity.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

FinnMonash wrote:Ya friends you all are right ! But just think if such think will happen with our close friends than we will do? Will we just stay out of their matter? I don't think anyone will do this, atleast we must try to save them for a humanity.
The last time a female told me she "didn't want to burden (me) with (her) problems" ... I respected her decision to the point of not even asking what the matter was.
So, yeah, the cape can be put away. :razz:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: What would you do if someone was in trouble?

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

zacb wrote:hi,

My friend from Indonesia has talked with me recently about her father hitting her and her mother, and that if she told, she and her family would be killed. What should I do as a foreigner?
Nothing....the father is keeping control of the women in the house...as it should be.

The "problem" men in the west have about men hitting women is all just kool-aid. Women like to be spanked once in a while and as my fav#1 said "saying that a man should never hit a woman is about the dumbest idea I have ever heard of".
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

But if she is of the age of majority, she should be able to leave, without being threatened with death. Murder is wrong, regardless of what not. That was the main issue. If she was hit, that was the least of it. My issue is threatening her with murder. Otherwise I agree you should stay out of other's business.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:But if she is of the age of majority, she should be able to leave, without being threatened with death. Murder is wrong, regardless of what not. That was the main issue. If she was hit, that was the least of it. My issue is threatening her with murder. Otherwise I agree you should stay out of other's business.
"is a, is a, should I save her?" :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)