girls at the gym

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Just speaking from personal experience. At colleges the guys like to peep at girls doing stretching exercises, yours truly included. My buddy went to UC Irvine and I used to go with him to the gym across the street to the "stretch room". At my own school (Fullerton College) us guys would hang out in the gym quad area, with large window-walls on one end where the dance classes are held (girls in tights).

At the end of the semester, a couple girls from the dance class that I knew came out and said that I've been gawking at them and in return, they demanded that I sign up for the next class because they don't have enough guys. @_@;; So I signed up for the dance class and in following semester, I found myself in a class with like 30 girls and 3 guys. The other 2 guys are either gay or weird, so I meet quite a few girls in that class, including my 2nd GF in college.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

momopi wrote:Just speaking from personal experience. At colleges the guys like to peep at girls doing stretching exercises, yours truly included. My buddy went to UC Irvine and I used to go with him to the gym across the street to the "stretch room". At my own school (Fullerton College) us guys would hang out in the gym quad area, with large window-walls on one end where the dance classes are held (girls in tights).

At the end of the semester, a couple girls from the dance class that I knew came out and said that I've been gawking at them and in return, they demanded that I sign up for the next class because they don't have enough guys. @_@;; So I signed up for the dance class and in following semester, I found myself in a class with like 30 girls and 3 guys. The other 2 guys are either gay or weird, so I meet quite a few girls in that class, including my 2nd GF in college.
AHHHHHH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BUSTED!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I'd think that being busted then was a good thing. I got to attend a class with 30 girls in tights and have my pick of who I wanted to be my dance partner. ^^;;

From that class, I suddenly had a light bulb moment and started looking at gender ratios in classes. Badminton and some arts classes (i.e. pottery) seemed to have a lot more girls than guys. I transferred to CSU Fullerton, a "business school", but ended up dating girls from CSU Long Beach, an "arts school" where art departments back then were known for 3:1 female : male ratios.

Anyways, majors that tend to have higher female ratios: pharmacy, chemical engineering, journalism, psychology, arts/performing arts, etc.

Majors with more guys: physics, math, electrical engineering, mechanical majors, IT related majors, etc.

IMO going to a gym to hit on girls is like walking into a sausage fest, or attending electrical engineering class to find a date. The gender ratio is far better in dance or yoga classes at college. Or, if you're into music, harp tend to attract a lot more girls than guys.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: girls at the gym

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

MAR2264419 wrote:Majority of girls At the gym wear spandex pants and tight shirts/workout bra. Do they want attention even working out? Is it some sort of a fashion show between them *look at me I got a big b***y!* I can't even have a peace of mind lifting weights.

Where I live, women wear spandex pants and tight shirts everywhere, not just at the gym. Even in upscale restaurants, somehow the dress code is ok for the female servers to wear tight spandex so at times I feel I'm in hooters restaurant or something.

Sure, it's nice to look at, but on the flip side, if the woman isn't attracted to you, don't even bother to compliment her, or let her know that you're checking her out, because she will take it the wrong way, or at the very least she will be indifferent towards your compliments.

I'm still learning, but American girls really don't like compliments from males.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

momopi wrote:Just speaking from personal experience. At colleges the guys like to peep at girls doing stretching exercises, yours truly included. My buddy went to UC Irvine and I used to go with him to the gym across the street to the "stretch room". At my own school (Fullerton College) us guys would hang out in the gym quad area, with large window-walls on one end where the dance classes are held (girls in tights).

Gender ratios don't mean shit, dude. It's not like girls are limited to guys in their dance class or w/e.

I'm assuming you were either very good looking or this happened many years ago, before hypergamy got out of control.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I think the problem is exactly the same as any other gender competition in the usa, the rules are in the favor of the women, example.

If girl is average, not thin, not fun, just meh no gut lets say, she can still on her best day, date a body builder or a ripped guy.

Now take that same girl, she gets ripped, she'll never date anyone less then a professional athlete again.

For men, just being thing is laughable it means nothing, being ripped is about the same because your lean but no one can see it under your cloths, and when they do it's random if they'll mind you don't have 30 extra lbs of muscle or not, not to mention that the girl will be average, farther frustrating guys who've put in the work to get ripped just to realize it didn't do anything but make him more popular with the average fattys then before.

It will never be even, a ripped guy isn't going to merit a ripped girl, can it happen, well it's more likely sure, but on average don't bet on it.

Oh and another thing rail skinny girls who can eat whatever they want and have no regard for health or how hard it is to maintain a GOOD looking body anger me, my girl friend is one of these people it's laughable how little work ethic they have for fitness, they can't imagine working to maintain a good looking body or controlling what they put inside the pie hole.

End of rant
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Jeremy wrote: Gender ratios don't mean shit, dude. It's not like girls are limited to guys in their dance class or w/e.
I'm assuming you were either very good looking or this happened many years ago, before hypergamy got out of control.
I would not rate myself in the "very good looking" category. Several members here have meet me in person -- Winston, Ladislav, Rock, Falcon, etc. who can testify to my physical appearance.

Having a gender ratio that benefits you is an opportunity. How you use that opportunity is up to you. Given ~30 girls in the class, I only end up dating one girl. Some would say that my "success rate" is pretty mediocre.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Those same girls wear shit like that to the store or mall, too.

The gym is good because at least it's socially acceptable to wear headphones and ignore everyone around you. You're not gonna make it far if some girl's butt distracts you from doing a relatively simple thing like working out.