Freelance SEO writing, my story...

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

So, will you make it to the Philippines or are you going to study in the USA?
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Jester wrote: The way you can pay your parents back is to thrive. That's what will thrill them.
While this is probably true, the admonition to keep his parents needs front and center is more for his benefit than theirs, because he believes it is the right thing to do and if he loses sight of it as an objective it will set up a cognitive dissonance that will ill serve him. That doesn't necessarily mean he has to keep living with them once he's able to move out, or even stay in the same country. Only he can determine what it might entail.

Everyone's situation is different. In this case, he has good parents who have been good to him and are in a somewhat precarious financial situation. Gratitude is a great quality to have, and he is lucky enough to have parents who have given it to him.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

While college may not be for everyone, on the average, you are better off with at least some qualifications than none. While I know a few college grads that make 30k a year, none of them are unemployed. And I dont have a single friend that clears 40k without a college degree, while I know many, many people that clear 60k with a degree.

Basically, having no credentials stacks the deck against you. Those that I know that have done the best for themselves have at least an associates in something that is applied: health sciences, engineering technology, computer science, HVAC, etc. Stack the deck in your favor if you can by picking up an applied credential that can be used abroad. Health care degrees can translate to health equipment sales positions, engineering can work in your favor just about anywhere, and there are a plethora of work from home programming positions.

One question though- why don't you get an entry level position somewhere and start saving money, either for school or travel? Working and paying your way through life can really change your perspective and motivate you. Take it from a fellow high school dropout that got his ass back to college after he realized what shit most jobs were. Take whatever you can get, nothing is beneath you when you've got nothing to offer. My first job was at McDonalds FFS.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:In the meantime, you owe your parents -- big time. Start figuring out how you can repay the debt in some way, whether they ask for it or not. Be a help to them.
He owes his parents? They have neglected their duty to find him a place in the adult world and have no doubt played their part in remorselessly looting the birthright of future generations. Their actions have reduced him to an adult dependant. But, you say, they are using some of the ZOG dollars they have stolen from his generation to feed and house him beyond the arbitrary age we are supposed to think they are supposed to? Woo hoo. If I kidnapped your daughter and kept her as a sex slave in my basement, should she be grateful to me for feeding her? If I bulldoze your house in winter and then give you some of the lumber back to use as firewood, would you regard me as your benefactor? How is he really to pay his parents back for the situation that he is in? Torture them to death?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
gsjackson wrote:In the meantime, you owe your parents -- big time. Start figuring out how you can repay the debt in some way, whether they ask for it or not. Be a help to them.
He owes his parents? They have neglected their duty to find him a place in the adult world and have no doubt played their part in remorselessly looting the birthright of future generations. Their actions have reduced him to an adult dependant. But, you say, they are using some of the ZOG dollars they have stolen from his generation to feed and house him beyond the arbitrary age we are supposed to think they are supposed to? Woo hoo. If I kidnapped your daughter and kept her as a sex slave in my basement, should she be grateful to me for feeding her? If I bulldoze your house in winter and then give you some of the lumber back to use as firewood, would you regard me as your benefactor? How is he really to pay his parents back for the situation that he is in? Torture them to death?
Are you saying that social security is ZOG dollars? His father paid in to that collective insurance program all his working life. The ZOG is trying to kill or redirect the program because it doesn't get funneled through the financial sector, allowing them to take their cut.

And did it ever occur to you that some parents might have had the same problems you're having negotiating their way through a miserable economy and culture? You imply that every parent is supposed to be in position to just hand over a satisfactory job to their offspring? That's an absurd fantasy in the current economic regime.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help answer my thread?
viewtopic.php?t=20433
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Travel Writing - Get paid to travel the world

You need skill. If you don't have skills, forget it. Most people do not have the ability to make a living from travel writing or writing in general. Many of the lower tier magazines and websites pay crap or don't pay at all. In order to make any serious time, be prepared to pay your dues. Thinking about sites like eLance? Some can make a living writing for them but again, you need to have skill.

Travel Photography

As difficult, if not more difficult these days than travel writing. Everyone and their mother has a digital camera and wants to be a photographer. Give them a film camera and see what they can do. Also, the price paid for photographs is much less than in the past. Some guys can do microstock, but...this was never my cup of tea.

Copywriting - Launch Your Million-Dollar Writing Career

Again, you need skill. Copywriting is as difficult if not more so than travel writing.

Start an Import-Export business

If you find the right products, you can make some serious cash doing this. But finding the right product isn't as easy as it sounds. Also, even if you do find the right product, there are probably 100 other websites selling the same thing. I exported products from Asia many years ago and did pretty well. Once people caught on, it got harder to do.

Teach English Overseas

Like I said before, it takes a degree and a TEFL to make decent money. Otherwise, forget about it, it's a dead end gig where you'll make $1000 a month and rarely more than this. To me, that's chicken scratch and I personally would expect to progress past this. If you use it to pay the bills while searching for other ways to make money, then you're golden.

Internet Research

Don't know about the pay for doing this but...I'm skeptical that the average guy can make good money to be made from it.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

GenYguy wrote:
I'm going to check out Odesk and Elance when I have time and let you guys know how that goes. :)
Please do.

You will inspire others.

Some who read this forum, but don't post here.

And some who do.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help answer my thread?
viewtopic.php?t=20433
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

GenYguy wrote: What is ZOG?
Zionist Occupational Government.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Help answer my thread?
viewtopic.php?t=20433
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Odesk Profile

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Help answer my thread?
viewtopic.php?t=20433
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Re: Odesk Profile

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

GenYguy wrote:So I'm learning that setting up a profile on Odesk is not like creating a Facebook Profile lol. I have to find a way to sell myself.. this is the Odesk guidelines for setting up a profile, which I am reading now:
https://d1u2uhea8ugy8e.cloudfront.net/o ... l_2013.pdf

I have no idea how to sell myself, help forumers! For my "title" I am just going to put that I'm a college student. I have nothing else positive to identify myself with.. since I have no experience or skills...

For the overview of myself, I have no idea what to put? I've never applied to a job before?
Honestly, unless you are prepared to work your ass off, I don't know that I would bother with Odesk or Elance. I know some will disagree with me but...I've written for magazines and newspapers and for the most part, Odesk and Elance are not worth the trouble. I think there might be one or two guys on the forum who write for them regularly so they might be able to give you some specifics, but...personally, I think you'd be better off trying to break in writing for magazines if you want to do so. Generally, you don't write for the money. You write because you feel the need to write or the desire to express yourself. Writing is like any other art, you do it for the love and if you have the talent, you might get paid. Even if you do get paid, you are going to need/want to break out of the $10-$50 per article range. It's a real grind to make a living writing for this much.