American Teenagers: Generation Failure

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

American Teenagers: Generation Failure

Post by DanielleNguyen »

As an American woman I hate to say this but I seen a lot of teenagers who seem to be more and more self absorbed and acting negatively. In as little as 10 years it seems like such a drastic change has taken place. I was born in the 90s and raised to be well, I guess not your average American teenager. i didn't fall under the drug influence and teen pregnancy was something to be ashamed of. At 21 one I had discovered I was pregnant. I was scared. 21 seemed to be too young to become a mom. I didn't want my first child until 27.
However, now a days America's youth seems to be slipping. A week ago my husband and I took our 6 month old to the park. We disturbed young teenagers in their um...mood. it didn't take long for the girls to come and talk to me. The things that came out of their mouth really shocked me. The oldest who was 14 said she wanted to have a baby and that her and her boyfriend had been trying.
The more she talked about having a baby the more the other girls seemed to back her up saying they wanted babies as well. They were only 14, 13, and 12. What on earth made them think they could raise a baby? They talked about putting their babies in cute clothes and taking him/her to the park, showing him/her to their friends and even MTV.
I realized the more they talked the more outlandish things seemed to follow they said what if my baby marries your baby to one another and things along those lines. My husband had decided to keep his mouth shut on this but I decided to speak my mind and try to talk those young girls out of making a bad decision. It seems now a days girls are having sex earlier. Even STDS in America are on the rise and so is teen pregnancy. Statics show that America is the country with the highest teen pregnancy rate in the world. The lowest are Switzerland and Japan.

OBESITY
Being obese is one of my biggest fears. I never want to be over 130lbs. I have seen hardly any petite women or children in America. After having my son I was 135lbs. I have been working out to loose that weight. I am 125 now and i want to get back to my previous weight of 111. It is so hard to get children to eat healthy. Plus if you try to get them to go on a diet or mention their weight it is a epic freak out. One of my cousins who was only 12 is very overweight. He is very sensitive about it too. when I was pregnant with my son he had called me fat and ugly. I retorted with how he had bigger boobs than me. He replied with it was just puberty. Something his mom had told him.
I had even witnessed him and his brother get into a fist fight over a bag of potato chips. I have seen many kids like this and frankly I hate the parents excuses of oh I had tried to get him to stop but he won't. THERE IS A SIMPLE WAY TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM PEOPLE!!!!
1.) Make the food unavailable. Take out the sodas, chips, and candies and replace them with meats, fruits, and veggies.
2.) Unplug the Xbox, smash it with a hammer and lock the kid outside for a hour.

I have seen so many kids who's life revolve around nothing but video games. I rarely see kids outside anymore, or in the sprinklers. What ever happened to playing outside til the street lights come on?

ACADEMICS
More and more high school drop outs seem to be popping up in America. When I graduated in 2010 I was only one out of 50 people in a class of 200. I remember the teachers and staff were about to be replaced due to the schools academic failure. I myself had almost been one of those failures due to a school change. The previous school I had went to put me in all elective classes for almost the whole year. So when I switched schools they said I would have to do a whole year of classes and keep my grades up to get the diploma. Did I do it heck yes I did. No one was going to take that diploma from me. Now 3 years latter teens don't seem to really care about that diploma or academic performance.

VANITY AND MATERIALISM
Omg the vanity of today's teenagers. Some times I just want to beat them senseless but that is illegal.....sadly. Material objects seem to be all the rage and amongst teenagers and women I see so many trying to one up each other. I never really understood this. If you one up someone then what? Do you get some amazing shiny award? No..so it's pointless. The only thing trying to out do someone would do for you is leave hardly any money in your wallet and make you lust for a better object later. Sentimental things seem to be vanishing around America. My husband's first gift to me was a charm bracelet. He gave it to me when we were dating and I never took it off my arm. However, a so called friend of mine in a disagreement grabbed it and yanked it breaking it to pieces.
She retorted with a he could just buy you another. Duc offered to buy me another but I didn't want it replaced. It was the first thing he ever gave me so it was important. I spent a whole lot of time trying to link the pieces back together. It took me a hour to fix it.

THE IT HAS TO BE ALL ME MENTALITY
When a woman gives birth it is suppose to be a joyous event, one that is about the celebration of a new life and moment to not be forgotten. Well not with my friends it isn't. The day I had Aidan was on my sister's birthday. Makenzie was overjoyed and so was my mother. my husband was on skype and in Kuwait. Anyway, my cousin had came in flashing her new iphone and it's very jeweled out case. She's 13 and so it goes back to the vanity and materialism. Since she had it in my face and commented I have something better than you, my older cousin retorted with a "You can't one up her she just had a baby." Who was trying to one up who? Anyway after my family had left three of my friends visited. While everyone was admiring Aidan, my friend, Joyce announced she was pregnant and the attention turned to her. A month later we discovered she was never pregnant. I think it was an attempt to one up me.

I have seen many examples of the it has to be about me all the time mentality. I have even seen women create a drama/stir to get attention. Stop being attention hungry and be freaking normal.

CONSTANT BREAK UPS/ DIVORCES OVER STUPID CRAP

This is where all you women are really going to hate my guts! i come from a generation if something is broken you take the time to fix it and that means your relationships. I have seen divorces over the smallest things and it's the same with break ups. You don't agree with me so i am going to dump you? It is like really? Oh and dear cute little 11 year olds who have its complicated as a relationship status on your face book, what the hell did he do steal your animal crackers? If you are below 18 you are too young for sex and too young to claim to have fallen in love. I have seen break ups over the most mudane things. One of my friends has been married to her husband for years now. They have three beautiful kids, both are 25. However, just because he talked to another woman she assumed he was cheating and asked me to find out.
I didn't want to stick my nose there. Ladies unless you find him in bed with another woman he isn't cheating!!!! There is no proof!

INTER RACIAL BULL S*IT

Like I have said before I am married to a Asian male as a white female. Then the stereotypical rumors start! She only likes him for his money, that's the only reason a white girl would marry a Asian male. blah blah blah...no.

Then their is the stereotype of white females and black males....oh she is loose and needs black...c***....what really????

white woman/hispanic man: See all those kids..half of them are stolen. They'll steal your car too. She helped him get his green card.

People lay the heck off. so freaking what. Most of these insults here are by young immature people with closed minds and low mentality.

DISCIPLINE
Discipline is a huge issue in America. Every one is so scared of their kids calling social services on them, that they let their kids get by with anything. When I was babysitting a kid, while I was pregnant he would follow me through the house kicking me and smacking me then laughing with his brother. When i threatened to hit back he yelled in my face touch me and I will call 911 on you. When he tried to hit me in the stomache, I grabbed his arm and pushed him to the side. i can't punch a 13 year old or spank a kid that wasn't mine.
Less and less kids are being disciplined and this leaves a total disregard for adult authority. While my husband and I were driving, a teen walked out in front of the car and Duc had to slam on his breaks. The kid then put his arms up and tried to get my husband to fight him. his smart elic response was if you hit me I could just sue you.
The kid's attitude towards us really made me wish I was under 18 so I could give him a beating. Kids need some sort of discipline in their lives. Discipline can be used as a form of guidance. If your kid goes out and burns down a barn or some sort of crazy stupid crap are you going let them off with a smack on the wrist. Bad kid I said don't do that. A long speech isn't discipline. They will just go out and do it again. Whatever happened to spanking or groundings? These were things my parents believed in. I remember when I got a C in Grade school. I cried like a freaking baby and got grounded!

Conclusion
The future generations of America are on a decline. The society seems to be getting worse.
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: American Teenagers, generation failure

Post by Cornfed »

DanielleNguyen wrote: However, now a days America's youth seems to be slipping. A week ago my husband and I took our 6 month old to the park. We disturbed young teenagers in their um...mood. it didn't take long for the girls to come and talk to me. The things that came out of their mouth really shocked me. The oldest who was 14 said she wanted to have a baby and that her and her boyfriend had been trying.
The more she talked about having a baby the more the other girls seemed to back her up saying they wanted babies as well. They were only 14, 13, and 12. What on earth made them think they could raise a baby? They talked about putting their babies in cute clothes and taking him/her to the park, showing him/her to their friends and even MTV.
That sounds like a rare outbreak of common sense. Young females are supposed to want to breed. Of course their choice of father is probably appalling. Other than that, kids these days are indeed basket cases, but as they are not likely to survive the next few years in any significant numbers, it probably doesn't really matter.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

DanielleNguyen wrote:The future generations of America are on a decline. The society seems to be getting worse.
America has been in moral decline for the last century, so this is nothing new. Learn history to put things in perspective.
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

This is not news, in my neighborhood, if you don't have a baby by 15, then you're not cool. These are the brats who will be leading this country in the future, so how can America survive
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

:D

The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

Yeah but I just worry about the youth. This isn't the generation I think that should make up America.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I know this sounds stupid, but did you order a medical device on Amazon? I think I remember someone with your name. Sorry, random I know haha XD .
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

DanielleNguyen wrote:As an American woman I hate to say this but I seen a lot of teenagers who seem to be more and more self absorbed and acting negatively. In as little as 10 years it seems like such a drastic change has taken place. I was born in the 90s and raised to be well, I guess not your average American teenager. i didn't fall under the drug influence and teen pregnancy was something to be ashamed of. At 21 one I had discovered I was pregnant. I was scared. 21 seemed to be too young to become a mom. I didn't want my first child until 27.
However, now a days America's youth seems to be slipping. A week ago my husband and I took our 6 month old to the park. We disturbed young teenagers in their um...mood. it didn't take long for the girls to come and talk to me. The things that came out of their mouth really shocked me. The oldest who was 14 said she wanted to have a baby and that her and her boyfriend had been trying.
I realized the more they talked the more outlandish things seemed to follow they said what if my baby marries your baby to one another and things along those lines. My husband had decided to keep his mouth shut on this but I decided to speak my mind and try to talk those young girls out of making a bad decision. It seems now a days girls are having sex earlier. Even STDS in America are on the rise and so is teen pregnancy. Statics show that America is the country with the highest teen pregnancy rate in the world. The lowest are Switzerland and Japan.
Many girls in America are sluts. There are television shows on MTV and other channels starring teen moms. No one is teaching teenagers morals. It's a liberal, "anything goes", "morals are relative" culture. About 25% of American women (of all ages) have genital herpes and the studies show that Black American women have about a 50% rate.

Relating to the issue of teens having a baby I don't believe that teenagers should be having a child, especially if they aren't married. In previous posts I mention I believe that it is okay for a married girl that is 15-17 to have sex with her husband, but I don't believe it's okay in any other circumstances. They have to live their lives and gain life experience and learn responsibility.

The media and television also brainwashes teenage girls and teaches them how to be sluts. They think it's fun, when it should be meaningful. Meaningful means being married. Any girl that willingly has sex with a boyfriend is usually a slut. The only exception is if she actually marries that boyfriend and she never had sex with any other men. Self-restraint and temperance (which is a virtue) are what it takes for a girl to remain pure (chastity is a virtue).

American teenagers and many other Americans in the younger generations (especially my generation, the 1990s) lack any self-restraint. They will do whatever they want, have sex with whoever they want, and they don't think about the consequences.

I do not like the corrupt culture that exists in America. This is one of the many reasons why I am going to move abroad someday and why I will go abroad to find myself my ideal, virtuous foreign bride.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Boy Danielle, you sure have a lot to say. Why don't you start a blog or become a writer?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

Winston, funny thing about that. i actually am a writer. I started publishing books in 2nd grade.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

der zacb, yes I have ordered medical devices off of amazon. I am not a doctor but I use to care for other people.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Haha small world. I think I got an order from you XD . Welcome aboard :D .
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

lol that is funny.