Winston how have you been?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
icarus
Freshman Poster

Winston how have you been?

Post by icarus »

Been a few years since I used to tangle with you here and youtube. Out of morbid curiosity I went to ol Bill Greathouse's tfl page on youtube and saw that you had given him an interview. (I can't lie, I've missed his blogtalkradio shows...he found the most ermm 'interesting' people to follow him) Just curious whether you're still in the Philippines/Taiwan and if you've yet found what you're looking for.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm in Las Vegas now. What do you mean found what I'm looking for?

I'm not looking for one thing that will complete me and end my search. It's not like that. Not all guys like to settle down and get tied down. I just like to travel, move around and meet girls.

I'm a cloud type, not a tree or grass type. I like having new experiences, seeing new places, and having my freedom. See here:
viewtopic.php?t=12729

Right now I'm tired of being in Vegas. It gets old after a while. I'm trying to travel and do road trips, but my own mind keeps making excuses and keeps countering my will. I don't know why.

When I was in Moscow I tried to leave after 2 weeks but ending up staying for 6 weeks for the same reason. Every time I tried to leave something would happen to get in the way. New plans, new girls, new jobs, etc. I don't know why it works this way for me. My life usually follows Murphy's Law, everything seems to try to counter my plans and intentions. It's weird.

It's like when you make a conscious decision, something in your subconscious tries to find reasons to block you. Really weird. Any of you experience this too?

Anyway, why do you care how I've been? And what did you think of my interview with Bill?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

How did you end up in Vegas?

I suppose my question was overly-broad. Life is about the journey more than the destination after all, but I always had some idea that you were trying to start some kind of movement/revolution or at least some fledgling internet marketing company.

I heard some of the interview and it seems to be basically what you've been saying all along, over and over again. I'm just wondering if your perspective has changed any in the last 4 years or so.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Winston wrote:I'm in Las Vegas now. What do you mean found what I'm looking for?

I'm not looking for one thing that will complete me and end my search. It's not like that. Not all guys like to settle down and get tied down. I just like to travel, move around and meet girls.

I'm a cloud type, not a tree or grass type. I like having new experiences, seeing new places, and having my freedom. See here:
viewtopic.php?t=12729

Right now I'm tired of being in Vegas. It gets old after a while. I'm trying to travel and do road trips, but my own mind keeps making excuses and keeps countering my will. I don't know why.

When I was in Moscow I tried to leave after 2 weeks but ending up staying for 6 weeks for the same reason. Every time I tried to leave something would happen to get in the way. New plans, new girls, new jobs, etc. I don't know why it works this way for me. My life usually follows Murphy's Law, everything seems to try to counter my plans and intentions. It's weird.

It's like when you make a conscious decision, something in your subconscious tries to find reasons to block you. Really weird. Any of you experience this too?

Anyway, why do you care how I've been? And what did you think of my interview with Bill?

Winston

Do you have ADD by any chance ? Just wondering, after reading some of your posts it seems you some symptoms of adult add

http://www.nacr.org/wordpress/91/common ... -in-adults
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Why don't you learn how to play poker and get rich while in Vegas?
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

icarus wrote:How did you end up in Vegas?

I suppose my question was overly-broad. Life is about the journey more than the destination after all, but I always had some idea that you were trying to start some kind of movement/revolution or at least some fledgling internet marketing company.

I heard some of the interview and it seems to be basically what you've been saying all along, over and over again. I'm just wondering if your perspective has changed any in the last 4 years or so.
My parents moved and bought some investment property. And I wanted to visit the US again since I got so sick from pollution in the Philippines. I also missed the nature and national parks in the US. Nothing in Asia compares to them. But I haven't had a chance to do much yet. So as usual, my plans and schedule are backed up by months.

My views are still the same, but they've gotten deeper. Why? What's wrong with my views?

Who are you? Have we talked before?

Btw, check out my new audio discussions with Steve R.

viewtopic.php?t=20190
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote: Winston

Do you have ADD by any chance ? Just wondering, after reading some of your posts it seems you some symptoms of adult add

http://www.nacr.org/wordpress/91/common ... -in-adults
Yes I've always had ADD. No doctor told me that, but I fit the symptoms and it's obvious. Nowadays, I get ADD even when I'm doing something I like. My mind wanders too much to get anything done. Even at the computer, I can only work for 15 minutes before I get restless and walk around or have to turn on the TV. I just can't sit still for very long anymore.

Maybe I just need a vacation. If I'm on the move, my mind wandering becomes part of the flow because I'm physically wandering as well. So in that sense, wandering would unify both my mind and body. lol

icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

Is that why you can't leave Vegas? Too many bright lights to constantly divert your attention? Why stay in a soulless hedonistic place like that if you are on some kind of spiritual journey- or am I mistaken?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

SilverEnergy wrote:Why don't you learn how to play poker and get rich while in Vegas?
That's a dumb and dangerous suggestion. Do you know how many people have lost all their money in gambling? Sheesh.

Besides, I don't have good luck or karma in gambling. When I gamble small, I've won, but I find that the more I bet, the worse my luck is. Some people aren't cut out for it.

I can't even drive fast like everyone else. If I drive over 70 mph, the wind starts rocking my car back and forth, making me feel like I'm losing control of the car. And bumps and rocks on the road start increasing and jolting my car. Nails start appearing to pop my tires too. No joke. My friend has seen this. But when she drives fast, these things don't happen to her. She told me that I'm simply not meant to speed.

Conversely, my car never breaks down, but her car always breaks down, even if it's new or recently fixed. So she would never dare go on a road trip outside of town. She does not trust any car and knows that they always break down on her. So her good luck and bad luck are the inverse of mine.

When she left Vegas to go back to Seattle, she would not dare drive her car that far. So she got some friend to spend a fortune on her. This friend paid for a rental car for her, and shipped her regular car by truck up to Seattle all the way from Vegas. All of that must have cost a fortune. But I guess when you are a pretty woman in the US, you can get people to do anything for you, including spending a fortune just to allay your fears of your car breaking down on a road trip.

I don't know if this friend was male or female. That's just what I heard. But I would never pay a fortune for something like that. I don't get why anyone would.

Anyway, sorry for getting off subject. But that's how it is when you have ADD. lol
Last edited by Winston on October 15th, 2013, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

icarus wrote:Is that why you can't leave Vegas? Too many bright lights to constantly divert your attention? Why stay in a soulless hedonistic place like that if you are on some kind of spiritual journey- or am I mistaken?
No I do not live on the strip or near any bright lights. I live in a suburban area with strip malls and neighborhoods.

I can leave Vegas but a lot of things keep getting in the way. Every time I am about to go somewhere, something blocks me or something happens. The list is endless. My mind makes excuses too. It's also because I'm too comfortable in my house here and enjoy the peace and solitude too much. That's part of it too. We are all naturally drawn to the path of least resistance.

This happened in Russia too. It took me 6 weeks to get out of Moscow. I was already two months late and didn't start the English teaching program, so this set me back another month and messed up all my plans there.

I guess the consciousness of a place likes feeding off my energy and so won't let me go. lol

icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

So you bought a house? Putting down roots or just a home base? I figure real estate should be cheaper now that the bubble bust out there. (Sending an LA friend of mine back to Cali without a shirt but landing on that asinine Shahs of Sunset reality show). Your site looks upgraded a bit, how's the internet marketing thing going?
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Winston wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:Why don't you learn how to play poker and get rich while in Vegas?
That's a dumb and dangerous suggestion. Do you know how many people have lost all their money in gambling? Sheesh.

Besides, I don't have good luck or karma in gambling. When I gamble small, I've won, but I find that the more I bet, the worse my luck is. Some people aren't cut out for it.

I can't even drive fast like everyone else. If I drive over 70 mph, the wind starts rocking my car back and forth, making me feel like I'm losing control of the car. And bumps and rocks on the road start increasing and jolting my car. Nails start appearing to pop my tires too. No joke. My friend has seen this. But when she drives fast, these things don't happen to her. She told me that I'm simply not meant to speed.

Conversely, my car never breaks down, but her car always breaks down, even if it's new or recently fixed. So she would never dare go on a road trip outside of town. She does not trust any car and knows that they always break down on her. So her good luck and bad luck are the inverse of mine.

When she left Vegas to go back to Seattle, she would not dare drive her car that far. So she got some friend to spend a fortune on her. This friend paid for a rental car for her, and shipped her regular car by truck up to Seattle all the way from Vegas. All of that must have cost a fortune. But I guess when you are a pretty woman in the US, you can get people to do anything for you, including spending a fortune just to allay your fears of your car breaking down on a road trip.

I don't know if this friend was male or female. That's just what I heard. But I would never pay a fortune for something like that. I don't get why anyone would.

Anyway, sorry for getting off subject. But that's how it is when you have ADD. lol
And if you keep having that mindset, you're never going to accomplish nothing great in life.

You're taking the time to travel all the way to Las Vegas, you might as well try to learn a little bit of it.

It's a game of SKILL plus LUCK.

If you know what you're doing, it's not dangerous and it's certainly not as dangerous as being an Asian going all the way to skin head Russia and hitting on their women.

I play poker myself.

Learn and watch the game before judging it.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

icarus wrote:So you bought a house? Putting down roots or just a home base? I figure real estate should be cheaper now that the bubble bust out there. (Sending an LA friend of mine back to Cali without a shirt but landing on that asinine Shahs of Sunset reality show). Your site looks upgraded a bit, how's the internet marketing thing going?
My parents bought two houses here. They had to sell the WA house and prices here are low now, so it's a good time to invest in real estate here.

My internet marketing is still the same. Nothing much has changed in the past year. We get the same traffic and I make the same income. It looks like we've reached an apex for now.

Who are you? Did I know you from another site before?

icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

I was here back mostly in 2008-09. With hilarity I watched the exchanges between you, Bill and Dwayne on youtube. Anyhow, I see you're trying to start some sort of seminar business so I'll address you in that forum.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

:lol:
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?