I hate both sides of the culture war.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

I hate both sides of the culture war.

Post by zacb »

Why can't there be a P(eople)GTOW movement? I find both social conservatives and liberals increasingly annoying. Why can't they mind their own business? I feel like Jeff Lebowski (good movie), and everyone wants a piece of me, but want nothing to do with me. I feel like the only way all these people understand anything is if you use force. Screw them. I hate how both want to force some way of life or another on you. Why can't people just be? Heck, even Jesus never went to the legislature for a reprieve.
Last edited by zacb on October 16th, 2013, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: I hate both side of the culture war.

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:Why can't there be a P(eople)GTOW movement? I find both social conservatives and liberals increasingly annoying. Why can't they mind their own business? I feel like Jeff Lebowski (good movie), and everyone wants a piece of me, but want nothing to do with me. I feel like the only way all these people understand anything is if you use force. Screw them. I hate how both want to force some way of life or another on you. Why can't people just be? Heck, even Jesus never went to the legislature for a reprieve.
Both "sides" are arrayed against you.
Social conservatism & liberalism are BOTH simply different flavors of statism.
Both appeal to your ego (pride or guilt, alternately) to get what they want out of you (your economic output).
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: I hate both side of the culture war.

Post by Dragon »

zacb wrote:Why can't there be a P(eople)GTOW movement?
There is a People Going There Own Way Movement. It's called Modern Western Culture. That's the problem in the first place. There's no unity, consensus, or common culture. Everyone feels alienated and wants to get out. Why do you think this board exists in the first place? Dating is hard unless you follow fit in some kind of "scene" or are close to looking like Ryan Gosling. No one is united by anything except commerce, consumerism, and jobs. You know who goes there own way? So called "Independent, Educated Career Women." The same women that break from traditional roles (hence "go their own way") and party it up/sleep around. Then they wonder in their 30s why there's "no good men out there." Everyone does whatever the f**k they want now as long as it's not breaking some kind of law. Want to participate in the gay lifestyle or make a statue of Jesus in your own backyard made of your own feces? Go right ahead.
I find both social conservatives and liberals increasingly annoying. Why can't they mind their own business?
Is this a serious question? The nature of politics is about not minding your own business. Politics and government is about having power to affect others. What personality types do you think are attracted to politics? Aside from that, blaming politicians and government is really silly. The people who run it are a reflection of the population. Where do you think these guys come from? Evil politician academy? No, they come from American schools and institutions. The same kind of places "normal people" are educated in. Ever wonder why shitty Middle-Eastern regimes are always unstable, violent, and tyrannical? Why there's a coup every other Sunday? Because the population in those places are dumb, fanatical, shitty, violent, etc. People get the government and leaders they deserve, including this one. Read the posts on here about Mr. S and how he feels about people in the PH and its future.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

To quote the great Doug Stanhope: "What if I don't want a leader? What if I can perfectly manage on my own?"

One thing I don't like about many in mainstream Libertarians is that they get all caught up in social issues and tend to be just as bad as liberals, and by advancing socially liberal causes the way they do, they advance government control of marriage. I like Lew Rockwell, and how anti-statist he is. He does not budge one bit. It is either no state or nothing. With Libertarians from the Libertarian Party (Yes I voted for them , but still), they tend to get all tide up in divisive issues. It seems like the Libertarian Party of harry Browne is different from the one of today. Or even Ron Paul endorsing Ken Cuccinelli. I swear, I wonder about some of these people. Oh well. Won't need to worry about them eventually.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

What I mean is that why can't people mind their own business? And why must people be so rude and idiotic?
Is this a serious question? The nature of politics is about not minding your own business. Politics and government is about having power to affect others. What personality types do you think are attracted to politics? Aside from that, blaming politicians and government is really silly. The people who run it are a reflection of the population. Where do you think these guys come from? Evil politician academy? No, they come from American schools and institutions. The same kind of places "normal people" are educated in. Ever wonder why shitty Middle-Eastern regimes are always unstable, violent, and tyrannical? Why there's a coup every other Sunday? Because the population in those places are dumb, fanatical, shitty, violent, etc. People get the government and leaders they deserve, including this one. Read the posts on here about Mr. S and how he feels about people in the PH and its future.
Don't blame me. I did not vite for these bozos. I guess what I hate is all the bitching for and against DOMA or pot or whatever. Why do people have to be such activist. I wish there was a second flood to wipe all these people out. Sorry. And I understand that people vote for these people, but it still is idiotic. It seems like the only way for something positive to happen is there to be a purge or revolution.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

But do you seriously think people would be this idiotic if the government were not around. I guess what I mean is more in line with a voluntary society, that values peace and cooperation over violence and coercion. That last bit is my issue. If people went their own way, and were not such activist, I would not mind, but I just hate the big mouth nannies that say you need to do this or that. I can take care of myself Sherlock. If it were not for PC or any of that, and we had less government, I think we would be better off, albeit not perfect. I guess what I mean by going your own way is a Sam Konkinesqe or something inlines with Stefan Molyneux's views, even if I disagree with the religion bit slightly. Heck even a Rothbardian society would be better. That is what I mean going your own way, not through violence and force.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I don't know how you can be a "Libertarian" and then oppose gay marriage, legalizing prostitution and drugs, and getting government out of people's personal lives and bedrooms. ...

The only social issue that may be polarizing for me as a Libertarian is the issue of abortion: I can understand the pro-life position because the unborn fetus is a living being that has rights to life and liberty, but I think the women should choose in the end, and the government should butt out of the abortion issue.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

zboy1 wrote:I don't know how you can be a "Libertarian" and then oppose gay marriage, legalizing p4p and drugs, and getting government out of people's personal lives and bedrooms. ...

The only social issue that may be polarizing for me as a Libertarian is the issue of abortion: I can understand the pro-life position because the unborn fetus is a living being that has rights to life and liberty, but I think the women should choose in the end, and the government should butt out of the abortion issue.
^^^This. Also, if someone is for marriage equality being a CIVIL RIGHT, then they are not a true Libertarian. Libertarians want government out of marriage all together and civil rights is for more government involvement. Libertarians are for INDIVIDUAL rights, and not GROUP rights. Gary Johnson is WRONG on this issue and is not holding a true Libertarian view on it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Like most Jew-originated religions, libertarianism is just silly nonsense when you think it through.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

tre wrote:
zboy1 wrote:I don't know how you can be a "Libertarian" and then oppose gay marriage, legalizing p4p and drugs, and getting government out of people's personal lives and bedrooms. ...

^^^This. Also, if someone is for marriage equality being a CIVIL RIGHT, then they are not a true Libertarian. Libertarians want government out of marriage all together and civil rights is for more government involvement. Libertarians are for INDIVIDUAL rights, and not GROUP rights. Gary Johnson is WRONG on this issue and is not holding a true Libertarian view on it.
This. I mean kind athe difference between Ron Paul//Harry Browne and Gary Johnson. I am all for legalizing thos eactivities, but it misses the point. Everyone, from singles to gays, to polygamist to circus clowns should be equal under the law. I never said I did not support legalizing those things. But my issue is that it seems gay lobbies (not all the individuals ) are trying to force their opinion on the public through anti-discrimination laws and such. I guess what I mean is most liberals , conservatives, and others approach it as a civil right, which leads to big government either way , but I see it both ways as an intrusion into my life. I have not problem with DOMA being struck down, but the government should not define marriage. The marketplace of ideas should. So if everyone, through the media decides what a marriage is, so be it. But through it's assumption of power over marriage, it has usurped power not only ove rgays and straights, but singles and poly groups as well. And if we are going to make this a civil rights issue, legalize poly relationships an dothe runusual relationships. But overall, government would still discriminate, since would give favors to non single people. So abolish favors for couples.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I was always bugged that government gives tax breaks to married couples with children. It also bugs me that they give tax breaks to those that purchase houses in the USA. How is that not discriminatory? Married couples with children make a decision to take on that financial burden. People that choose to buy a house in the USA make the decision to take on that financial burden. Why is it right that they get less stolen from them than single people who choose not to buy a house? (yes, taxation is theft). Abolish favoritism by getting the government out of where it doesn't belong...
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Cornfed wrote:Like most Jew-originated religions, libertarianism is just silly nonsense when you think it through.
Please explain why the party that is all about Liberty is silly nonsense. The government hates Libertarians, while loving it's two twisted children, Republicans and Democrats. Libertarians don't "love" Jews either....they are THE party that wants ALL foreign aid cut completely. They are the party that wants the Federal Reserve to be abolished as well. I'm truly interested in your point of view on this...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

tre wrote:I was always bugged that government gives tax breaks to married couples with children. [..] How is that not discriminatory? Married couples with children make a decision to take on that financial burden.
So you are in favor of a social system that effectively punishes people for being married and having children and/or makes it impossible for them to do so? Wouldn't this result in the extinction of your society? The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If your beliefs are likely to result in the impoverishment and extinction of your society then perhaps you should consider changing them.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

tre wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Like most Jew-originated religions, libertarianism is just silly nonsense when you think it through.
Please explain why the party that is all about Liberty is silly nonsense.
This has been dealt with in other threads. I can't be bothered finding them at the moment.