FSU vs Philippines

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I've been living in FSU for a year now. I made huge progress in understanding how the culture changed over the years that I've been out living in the U.S. I will write sad and good facts in my observation:
Maybe you could finally tell us what city you are in?

I found Russian girls to be the best- romantic and gallant. Russia, as Saudi Arabia has a purpose, and the people are all wool and a yard wide. Ukraine is different - it's just too practical and individualistic and the people are not united or easy to get to know. Ukrainians remind me of... Americans except that they have very pretty girls. Also, there are lots of good looking and polite guys in Ukraine so competition is keen. They treat girls nice, too. Not so in Russia. Night and day.

Try Tula for girls.
Agreed! I used to work with a girl that immigrated from that area. She was attractive, smart and I liked her accent. She was also very loyal, even though her bf was a complete nobody. This was a HUGE contrast when compared with my experience with immigrated women from Russia or other surrounding areas. Immigrants from most areas around Russia are much worse than their born and raised American or Canadian counterparts. In my experience, they are backstabbing, argumentative, unattractive sluts...terrible. Maybe it's just my personal experience with them (worked with several), but I'd say they are the worst immigrant women hands down. I'd feel very sorry for any man that would bring one home for a wife...what a nightmare!
Kind of unwise to generalize countries of tens of millions of people by the few ones you met in the USA who are Americans now --and many immigrants are caricaturesquely so.

But talking about the Asian girls of the Stans

This is how you can party there:

Their language sounds like Mongolian but Russian is lingua franca there.

The melody also sounds as a fusion of Russian and Oriental. Weird.

Some high society

Last edited by ladislav on October 18th, 2013, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Have2fly

Good report

Do you need to speak local language to get girls, can you get by with English
Does it work to your advantage if you speak English since they 'dream' about West?
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

ladislav wrote:
Kind of unwise to generalize countries of tens of millions of people by the ones you met in the USA who are Americans now and many immigrants are caricaturesquely so.

Yes, but these are immigrants who were in the USA no more than 2 years, some less than a year. A person doesn't go from being a great person to spawn of Satan just because they change world location. They simply get here, get comfortable, and become themselves in that short period of time. Again, like I said, it may have just been MY experience with those few particular women. If they were all that way, there would be nothing good said about them by anyone...ever. They seriously made US and Canadian women seem like angels and that is saying something...lol.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Winston wrote:TopSpruce,
Why were you warned to stay away from the Baltics? The girls are very friendly and approachable there.

I had the same experience as you. When you go to the FSU at first you are mesmerized by the rich culture and authentic deep vibe (hard to put into words). But after you endure a Russian winter, it makes you gloomy and takes a lot out of you.

Why not try the FSU Asian Republics like Kazakhstan or Krygyzstan?
I avoid the Baltics because some friends had bad experiences: One American got beat up in a night club, and a British guy said the only friends he has in the Baltics are Russians living there. The Brit is well travelled so I trust his opinion. He says the nationalism and xenophobia there are too much for him.
Also, many people nowadays say that a lot of stag parties have ruined the reputation of foreigners.

Mr.Wu, when was the last time you were in the Baltics? In the past 10 years there has been a huge rise in stag parties there (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uties.html).

--------------------------

Regarding food, in the Philippines you have a wide array of food to choose from. (YouTube Food Documentary:http://youtu.be/dcaVQFIIzUE). I don't eat processed foods or go to shopping malls...I prefer open air produce markets. The problem with a cold countries like BY is you get no choice during half the year (winter/late fall/early spring). Nothing...just apples, cabbage, carrot. At least in the US they import stuff from California and in Southern Ukraine (Odessa/Crimea/etc) you get some imported stuff from Turkey and the local growing season is longer. Southern Ukrainian food is really good, especially homemade soups, stews, etc.

-----------------------------

Regarding rural Russia, I know several people who swear Siberia is a great place. Perhaps its worth looking into.

I'm starting to rethink my plans due to lower salaries. Philippines is rising economically and professionals can make good salaries here. (For example, dentists, doctors, computer programmers, accountants etc. can make upwards of 1,500 dollars a month.) 1000 USD can probably go a long way and provide a middle class lifestyle. By comparison, Belarussian doctors earn 300-400 USD a month, accountants maybe 500-600. In comparison, manual laborers, construction workers, and welders make good money(800 USD or more), but its dangerous and life-shortening work. Professionals make poor salaries in the FSU(often below average, with the exception of dentists). It seems little point to work to be educated when a janitor makes as much as a surgeon. Its not important to be rich, but having enough for food and shelter is a necessity.
Last edited by TopSpruce on October 18th, 2013, 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Winston wrote:TopSpruce,
Why were you warned to stay away from the Baltics? The girls are very friendly and approachable there.

I had the same experience as you. When you go to the FSU at first you are mesmerized by the rich culture and authentic deep vibe (hard to put into words). But after you endure a Russian winter, it makes you gloomy and takes a lot out of you.

Why not try the FSU Asian Republics like Kazakhstan or Krygyzstan?

I agree with Winston. The girls are very approachable in the Baltics and very friendly. I did say before that one disadvantage is speaking Russian there but other than that you would be ok speaking English. Also Belorussians and Russians from the Kaliningrad region travel a lot to Lithuania not only for shopping but to enjoy the sites there too. Lithuanians will appear very serious at first but once they see you are genuine they will open up and befriend you.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

JP, when was the last time you were in the Baltics? I heard Balts used to be paradise.

I tend to stay away from EU countries after my disappointing experience in Poland(basically, guys told me it used to be much better and the younger generation of early 20s girls is not the same. Unfortunately, there is even a thriving PUA community aimed at the Polish guys who aren't getting laid. Some Poles go to Ukraine to find a wife, with complaints similar to what Americans have about American women!)

Perhaps Moldova or the Stans might be better. Balts/Poland/etc, have too high of a GDP per capita....the population's mindset rapidly changes around the 15,000 USD mark, not to mention the negative influence of EU values such as feminism, liberalism, and the like.

Its not about exploiting people of lower salary, but rather that poorer people have better personalities.
Less affluent people are more ethical and have more friends, according to reasearch by psychologists( http://m.phys.org/_news201364510.html and

I know from my own experience that I became a nicer person after my parents lost their jobs and I spent the latter part of my childhood focused on relationships with people instead of material possesions.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

TopSpruce wrote:JP, when was the last time you were in the Baltics? I heard Balts used to be paradise.

I tend to stay away from EU countries after my disappointing experience in Poland(basically, guys told me it used to be much better and the younger generation of early 20s girls is not the same. Unfortunately, there is even a thriving PUA community aimed at the Polish guys who aren't getting laid. Some Poles go to Ukraine to find a wife, with complaints similar to what Americans have about American women!)

Perhaps Moldova or the Stans might be better. Balts/Poland/etc, have too high of a GDP per capita....the population's mindset rapidly changes around the 15,000 USD mark, not to mention the negative influence of EU values such as feminism, liberalism, and the like.

Its not about exploiting people of lower salary, but rather that poorer people have better personalities.
Less affluent people are more ethical and have more friends, according to reasearch by psychologists( http://m.phys.org/_news201364510.html and

I know from my own experience that I became a nicer person after my parents lost their jobs and I spent the latter part of my childhood focused on relationships with people instead of material possesions.

Last time I was in the Baltics was in February and I'm currently waiting for my residence visa to get approved. Anyways both Ukraine and Moldova are joining the EU in november when they sign the association agreement. I can pretty much vouch for the girls in Lithuania being approachable and very friendly. Plus I'm married to a Lithuanian girl.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Anyways both Ukraine and Moldova are joining the EU in november when they sign the association agreement.
Apparently, it's just a free trade agreement, not real membership.

I avoid the Baltics because some friends had bad experiences: One American got beat up in a night club, and a British guy said the only friends he has in the Baltics are Russians living there. The Brit is well travelled so I trust his opinion. He says the nationalism and xenophobia there are too much for him.

Also, many people nowadays say that a lot of stag parties have ruined the reputation of foreigners.
How fluent is that Brit in the Latvian language? I am not making the language an excuse but that could be one of the reasons why he does not fit in.

One Brit pissed on their national monument some years ago which created a huge backlash.

Actually most Baltic and Ukrainian women that Americans marry and even make friends with are just Russians living there.
Regarding rural Russia, I know several people who swear Siberia is a great place. Perhaps its worth looking into.
My dad used to say the same thing. Great people!
I'm starting to rethink my plans due to lower salaries. Philippines is rising economically and professionals can make good salaries here. (For example, dentists, doctors, computer programmers, accountants etc. can make upwards of 1,500 dollars a month.)
Keep in mind that the Philippines has strict rules when it comes to employing foreigners and foreigners are banned from practicing most professions. However, there are many ways to get around those by working for foreign companies there and other methods.
Still getting a job as a foreign doctor, accountant, etc is almost impossible. Unless it is some foreign entity again. But even they need to get you a work permit.
Last edited by ladislav on October 18th, 2013, 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

ladislav wrote:
Anyways both Ukraine and Moldova are joining the EU in november when they sign the association agreement.
Apparently, it's just a free trade agreement, not real membership.

Yes it's a trade agreement but also makes them candidate countries to become full EU members once they get their economies going and when they get their act together.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Interesting JP, so if I come to Lithuania and start talking to some college students, I will get a warm reception? Even if I don't speak Lithuanian?

@Ladislav:
Regarding work permits, would marriage take care of that? I have some savings and internet business that can be used for a couple years while I get a 2nd degree from a local university, take licensing exams, etc.

Yes! Siberia is always talked about as a magical place with amazingly pure nature and kind-hearted people. My good friend lived there for several months and plans to return.

Regarding the Brit, he was in Lithuania without speaking the language, but he is a very cultured guy working on Phd in sociology. Very well mannered and respectful, so I don't know why he would have trouble.
Last edited by TopSpruce on October 18th, 2013, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

TopSpruce wrote:Interesting JP, so if I come to Lithuania and start talking to some college students, I will get a warm reception? Even if I don't speak Lithuanian?

I never said college students specifically but most of the young lithuanians do speak english very well. Since you are already in Belarus that's a plus because it's close to you so you can try your luck on a weekend trip. From my own experience approaching Lithuanian women has been pleasant and they are friendly and helpful. Just don't speak russian to them because it is frowned upon at least by most native lithuanians. A lot of Belorussians, Russians and Polish people live in Vilnius.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/8163 ... s-dont-wan t-a-Pole-living-next-door

One-in-two Lithuanians don’t want a Pole living next door
PR dla Zagranicy Peter Gentle 05.01.2012 16:40 A new survey finds that half
of Lithuanians would not like to have a Polish neighbor, in a new indicator
that relations between the two geographical neighbours have soured.

According to the opinion poll by GfK Custom Research Baltic, 51 percent of
Lithuanians expressed distaste at the idea of having a Polish neighbour,
with 27 percent saying “not under any circumstances,â€￾ and a further 24
percent declaring that they “would rather not.â€￾

However, I'm sure you can find tolerant people as well, just takes some searching. Keeping an open mind and not allowing one or two setbacks to define the whole experience can help keep things in perspective.

According to one poster:
"When it comes to comparing Poland to the Baltics, I can tell you that the Baltics have prettier girls, but Polish women have less attitude and are a tad more sexual. If the whole point of your trip is to go for “hotties,â€￾ then the Baltics are a better bet. But if you just want a cute-girl-next-door type of deal, then Poland."

This is interesting, because I found a lot of Polish girls 19-23 yo already have attitude, so Balts will be even tougher. On the other hand, it does seem like there are some stunning beauties there who may be worth the extra effort.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Still deciding

Post by TopSpruce »

Well, its a tough choice.
The weather/food and friendliness of the Philippines girls vs the hot Ukrainian girls.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I've visited the Ukraine twice and the Philippines twice. For the most part, I agree with the sentiments expressed here about the Ukraine and the Philippines. However, I didn't really think that the girls in the Ukraine were all that great-looking. And yes, it is hard to find a good one, but not at all hard to get laid by one. Overall, I had a better time in the Philippines. So many gorgeous young women who fell in love with me instantly, with no effort on my part. I would call it paradise if it weren't for the heat and humidity.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Never been to Ukraine/Russia so i cant compare but I find Filipinas relatively easy to bang

Are Ukrainian girls as easy?