Korean students don't respect their teachers

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Korean students don't respect their teachers

Post by Cornfed »

Not surprising really, as most of the teachers are now female, and anything that becomes dominated by females is doomed to become a clusterfuck. Still, Korean female teachers seem brighter and more attractive than their monstrous Western counterparts on average, but you could say that about almost any group of people.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/na ... 43865.html
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

"Respondents in China compared teachers with doctors in terms of job respect, while Japanese respondents compared them with government officials.

Americans compared teachers with librarians."

Interesting:)

Do you think Korean children have worse attitudes than American children? American children get worse and worse every year due to their parents getting worse and worse every year. I wonder if this is a common trend in Korea as well? "Respect Your Elders" seems to be a phrase of the past...unfortunately
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Korean teachers are pretty messed up.

Teacher Masturbates in Hallway After Beating Student
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WODh_yFU-cU
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

tre wrote: Do you think Korean children have worse attitudes than American children? American children get worse and worse every year due to their parents getting worse and worse every year. I wonder if this is a common trend in Korea as well? "Respect Your Elders" seems to be a phrase of the past...unfortunately
At my school they seemed more good-natured (although it may have just seemed that way to me because they couldn't speak much English) but somewhat more aggressive and insubordinate. Korean boys, once you get past a critical mass of about 30 students, are particularly loud and hard to control. Traditionally Korean teachers ruled with a rod of iron and basically beat the shit out of aberrant students. However, now that corporal punishment is being restricted and most new hires are somewhat wimpy females who have been brainwashed with Western non-violence crap, so it is easy to imagine Korean schools becoming worse hellholes than Western schools.