My Mostly Chinese Adventure

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
T Rex
Freshman Poster

My Mostly Chinese Adventure

Post by T Rex »

Well, this marks the end of my anonymous lurking and the beginning of some contribution. This site is pretty cool and I wish I had know about it early in my global adventures... but I am happy to participate now.

So here's some background: I started my own business in 2008. It was my dream to that point and I had a couple solid years, until I just got well....bored. I got the itch to travel and it just kept on getting more intense. Just for note, I traveled abroad in college for a summer semester to Oxford, England, so my world traveling appetite had been whet earlier. I'm also big into spirituality, so I wanted to focus a lot of my trip on becoming more enlightened...so I sold my Cadillac and the majority of my possessions and took an English teaching job in Southern China in order to get a visa.

When I had breaks and holidays, I went to Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand for a full month, Myanmar, and Laos.

I love the 'simple' element of the Asian lifestyle, although there were a lot of areas that I didn't like such as hygiene, weather (in China anyway), and food.

I was able to save around $10,000 two separate times, but I also hustled pretty hard working up to 7 days a week.

I also had a lot of success in the music business through guanxi. I had a friend who got me on the radio and some other that got us in some big corporate sponsored shows.

...but lets get to the good stuff and talk about the women.

At first, the language barrier was pretty crazy and the culture shock was intense...BUT I did get some results from couchsurfing with little to no work...I had some girls request to stay for no real good reason. The first time it happened, the girl stayed clearly had no purpose, and one of the first things she asks me is if she can wash her panties. It was my first time to host ever. I banged her on day 2. Then another came a few weeks later to a similar result. Just FYI, I was a total gentleman. It was their idea.

Since this was unpredictable, I gave myself the challenge of getting a girlfriend without using language. So I had a friend ask out this girl for me that was a friendly waitress. She met me and we spent some time together. I met her once or twice more and made her my girlfriend...but with the language barrier, it didn't last real long.

At this point, I went to Thailand for a month with some friends. The first part of the trip I spent with some conservative coworkers, so I didn't party much, but later I got food poisoning and spent a week in the hospital...I did meet a hot Korean chick and she helped nurse me back to health, but the whole hospital thing really set back the partying.

When I got back from Thailand, I was so happy to be alive, I went on a little binge sexually, but I was getting sloppy, so I decided to get another girlfriend.

I met my next girlfriend at a mutual friend's party. She was the MC and had the best curves I had ever seen on a Chinese girl. I'm talking D tits and a curvy ass...on an Asian chick. She's real powerful, business type...real confident. I thought she was married to the male MC since he was a tall, handsome guy...I didn't think she was single....to make a long story short, someone told me she was single so I talked to her at the KTV after party and we agreed to meet for lunch the next day. She lived out of town so a steady, every day relationship was out of the question. So anyway, it went well and the next time she was in town we talked again and hooked up after a movie. She left and came back another weekend on a 3 day holiday, and stayed with me the whole time. Man I had a great weekend.

Around this time, my teaching contract expired and I had a lot of money saved, so I decided to stay awhile more and do whatever I wanted. I got a lot more gigs at this point and got on the radio, etc...but the real blast started when I got hired as a host/entertainer at a largely english speaking pub. I was meeting at least 2-4 girls a day and my Chinese was getting much better at this point...Socially and sexually, I was killing it at this point.

I'm sure someone will ask, but I'm 30 with blonde hair and blue eyes. I look kinda like Alexander Skarsgard, but I am also 5'8".

Besides going out and singing, the next best thing I ever did was get WeChat and MoMo. These apps had new girls sending me messages everyday and usually they knew some English. I got a lot of massages and practiced my Chinese with the girl working on me. This radically improved my Chinese. The combination of displaying talent, having WeChat, and speaking Chienese as a foreigner is pretty much the secret recipe.

Well, I was missing my family and didn't want to stay for the rest of winter and rainy season, so I decided to leave China so I could play music with my brother for awhile in the USA.

At the moment I'm still here in the USA, but I'm itching to leave again. If you have questions about China or SE Asia, I'm happy to help.

Grateful to be here...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My Mostly Chinese Adventure

Post by zboy1 »

T Rex wrote:Well, this marks the end of my anonymous lurking and the beginning of some contribution. This site is pretty cool and I wish I had know about it early in my global adventures... but I am happy to participate now.

So here's some background: I started my own business in 2008. It was my dream to that point and I had a couple solid years, until I just got well....bored. I got the itch to travel and it just kept on getting more intense. Just for note, I traveled abroad in college for a summer semester to Oxford, England, so my world traveling appetite had been whet earlier. I'm also big into spirituality, so I wanted to focus a lot of my trip on becoming more enlightened...so I sold my Cadillac and the majority of my possessions and took an English teaching job in Southern China in order to get a visa.

When I had breaks and holidays, I went to Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand for a full month, Myanmar, and Laos.

I love the 'simple' element of the Asian lifestyle, although there were a lot of areas that I didn't like such as hygiene, weather (in China anyway), and food.

I was able to save around $10,000 two separate times, but I also hustled pretty hard working up to 7 days a week.

I also had a lot of success in the music business through guanxi. I had a friend who got me on the radio and some other that got us in some big corporate sponsored shows.

...but lets get to the good stuff and talk about the women.

At first, the language barrier was pretty crazy and the culture shock was intense...BUT I did get some results from couchsurfing with little to no work...I had some girls request to stay for no real good reason. The first time it happened, the girl stayed clearly had no purpose, and one of the first things she asks me is if she can wash her panties. It was my first time to host ever. I banged her on day 2. Then another came a few weeks later to a similar result. Just FYI, I was a total gentleman. It was their idea.

Since this was unpredictable, I gave myself the challenge of getting a girlfriend without using language. So I had a friend ask out this girl for me that was a friendly waitress. She met me and we spent some time together. I met her once or twice more and made her my girlfriend...but with the language barrier, it didn't last real long.

At this point, I went to Thailand for a month with some friends. The first part of the trip I spent with some conservative coworkers, so I didn't party much, but later I got food poisoning and spent a week in the hospital...I did meet a hot Korean chick and she helped nurse me back to health, but the whole hospital thing really set back the partying.

When I got back from Thailand, I was so happy to be alive, I went on a little binge sexually, but I was getting sloppy, so I decided to get another girlfriend.

I met my next girlfriend at a mutual friend's party. She was the MC and had the best curves I had ever seen on a Chinese girl. I'm talking D tits and a curvy a**...on an Asian chick. She's real powerful, business type...real confident. I thought she was married to the male MC since he was a tall, handsome guy...I didn't think she was single....to make a long story short, someone told me she was single so I talked to her at the KTV after party and we agreed to meet for lunch the next day. She lived out of town so a steady, every day relationship was out of the question. So anyway, it went well and the next time she was in town we talked again and hooked up after a movie. She left and came back another weekend on a 3 day holiday, and stayed with me the whole time. Man I had a great weekend.

Around this time, my teaching contract expired and I had a lot of money saved, so I decided to stay awhile more and do whatever I wanted. I got a lot more gigs at this point and got on the radio, etc...but the real blast started when I got hired as a host/entertainer at a largely english speaking pub. I was meeting at least 2-4 girls a day and my Chinese was getting much better at this point...Socially and sexually, I was killing it at this point.

I'm sure someone will ask, but I'm 30 with blonde hair and blue eyes. I look kinda like Alexander Skarsgard, but I am also 5'8".

Besides going out and singing, the next best thing I ever did was get WeChat and MoMo. These apps had new girls sending me messages everyday and usually they knew some English. I got a lot of massages and practiced my Chinese with the girl working on me. This radically improved my Chinese. The combination of displaying talent, having WeChat, and speaking Chienese as a foreigner is pretty much the secret recipe.

Well, I was missing my family and didn't want to stay for the rest of winter and rainy season, so I decided to leave China so I could play music with my brother for awhile in the USA.

At the moment I'm still here in the USA, but I'm itching to leave again. If you have questions about China or SE Asia, I'm happy to help.

Grateful to be here...
Welcome to the forum, T Rex!

Me and Ghost are also in China teaching English at the present moment. I am Korean American and Ghost is White. Also, numerous other HA members have been to China--including Kai, Falcon, Celery, Momopi, and a few others...

See. Can you believe there are still people on this forum that believe you can't be "HappierAbroad" when overseas? Halwick, being one prime culprit, Xiongmao and Skeptic, being the other. Yet, we have guys here living all over the world--and happy!--on this forum.
T Rex
Freshman Poster

Post by T Rex »

If you never leave, how will you ever know?
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Honestly Xiongmao is a bag of contradictions. I wouldn't take anything he says about any country seriously.

Thanks for sharing T Rex. I agree that Wechat and QQ are definite must haves in China.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've been using WeChat but it's a bit random as to who you can meet. Is there something the Chinese use for dating?

I must try Skout again in Bangkok. But Wechat still has the kudos for finding my best ever Thai lady.

Also LINE makes Wechat look pretty dated. Shame it's no good for finding people in your local area.

And as for being a bag of contradictions, well that's just Asia for you. I heard Thailand was great for dating, it's been pretty poor. China was much better considering my Mandarin is atrocious. I'm talking quality over quantity mind.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
T Rex
Freshman Poster

Post by T Rex »

With Wechat, I aimed to make a cool profile, then I would just update the location when I was out and about...if I was sitting in a coffee shop or something, I would message girls nearby that had some indication in their profile that they could speak English. I also made sure to swap Wechat IDs with the quality women I met, this way my number of prospects was always growing not only in number, but quality as well...and when you have quality and quantity, you are coming from abundance in your interactions and 'the rich get richer' so to speak. With this strategy, you can easily meet 2-4 quality women PER DAY.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yes wechat is proving pretty good for me in Bangkok. I've got another hot prospect, and at least I know she lives/works really close to me.

When my mission is complete here, I suspect that wechat will be the frontrunner when it comes to totting up which system has yielded the best prospects.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.