An Army of a Million Bachelors

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

An Army of a Million Bachelors

Post by ladislav »

There is an army of one million single men in America now looking for girlfriends and wives while the women are having a ball.

About a decade ago, a Chinese government official warned that if the Chinese parents keep aborting female fetuses in favor of male ones, in one generation, there will be an army of one million bachelors roaming the countryside looking for wives.

While the Chinese authorities are rightfully concerned about the fact that one million Chinese young men won't be able to find life partners and create happy families in the future, virtually no one in America is talking about the already existing huge surplus of young men who have to compete for girlfriends and wives in the USA.

Numbers do not lie- have a look at statistics across the country and you will see that overall, young men outnumber young women by somewhere around 11:10. In some places it is 12:10 or more. Add to this the fact that Hollywood brainwashes young women that they deserve rich and handsome young husbands with big cars and great careers and houses, and the fact that 20% of sexy hunks with money and good looks get 80% of the women, and you have a recipe for a disaster for a simple young man who just wants a date. He can't get one because numbers and statistics are not in his favor. Social and demographic trends are not in his favor. The Puritanical culture of not talking to strangers is not in his favor. In other words, he is behind the eight ball when it comes to dating.

However, the above cold facts are not even an issue in today's America and are not known to the average Joe. He is told that he lacks social skills to pick up women, that he needs to get a better job and improve his appearance, lose weight and develop confidence, pump some iron, take a karate class, all the while American women who dress like janitors, who have bad manners and who are fat and ugly apparently have very little problem dating handsome young men. That is the result of the bad demographics in the USA.

The solution to the problem is simple- the surplus men many of whom are not in the most desirable category from the American woman's point of view, should go to places on Earth where there is a shortage of men and a surplus of women and where young women outnumber young men.

Try it and you will see what I mean. Go to two cities- Moscow and Manila. You will see more young women on the streets than young men. Always. And guess what else you will see- women try to look better, they behave in a sweeter manner, they try and be nice to guys because if they are not nice, another woman will whisk the guy away from her- guys are in demand.

You will see than instead of steely, supercilious looks that you get from women in the US, or, no looks at all, your appearance as a man on the streets of Moscow or Manila will attract curious, friendly and warm expression of interest from young ladies all over. They will be asking you questions, flirting with you, and saying yes to a dinner invitation.

So, why are they so nice? Because good men are hard to find there. The men can get a girlfriend any time they want, and at any age. They do not need to exercise, take classes in social skills, dress well or join clubs. And they are they ones who do the choosing.

In many countries where there is a shortage of men, women stay virginal before they get married because no decent guy would want to marry a "used" woman. Why get damaged goods if there is plenty of fresh, brand new stuff to go around? "You are not a virgin? Get away from me! I don't need you!" is the attitude of the men there.

Men walk proud and tall there, they do not sing whinie, sweet songs to women, women sing those to men and about men. It is a man's world out there and a man's market.

Do you want to be there? I bet you would.

Also, in their economies, women have small salaries and need men to help them survive and establish families. A guy with a good job or any guy who can afford a decent date is hard to find. In their country, there is an army of SEVERAL MILLION LONELY BACHELORETTES who cannot find a good boyfriend. Is that where YOU would like to be now? I bet it is!

So, the choice is yours: do you want to be a private soldier in the horny army of one million angry and frustrated bachelors in the USA who are fighting over a perennially small number of arrogant, capricious and self absorbed women and be chasing the will-o'the wisp that seems to always move away from you, or do you want to be surrounded by an army of a couple of million young bachelorettes? I bet that unless you are a glutton for punishment, you would choose the latter.

That is why you would be Happier Abroad.
Last edited by ladislav on May 23rd, 2009, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: An Army of a Million Bachelors

Post by momopi »

ladislav wrote:There is an army of one million single men in America now looking for girlfriends and wives while the women are having a ball.

About a decade ago, a Chinese government official warned that if the Chinese parents keep aborting female fetuses in favor of male ones, in one generation, there will be an army of one million bachelors roaming the countryside looking for wives.
As of 2008, the number of men reaching 18 annually in China is estimated at 10,760,380, vs. women at 9,710,032. Thus, for every 10.76 men, there are 9.71 women, or roughly 11:10 ratio. There's a surplus of 1 million men for every "year" and not overall.

Wikipedia has a list of countries by sex ratio based on the 2006 CIA world factbook, which itself used older data that could use some updating:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... _sex_ratio

========================

Here's some interesting stats to read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail-order ... vorce_rate

"The statistical office of Switzerland has published some more detailed statistics[citation needed]: Note that to draw any conclusions, the divorce rate of mail-order marriages must be compared to the divorce rate of domestic marriages. In 1999, the divorce rate for domestic marriages (Swiss married to Swiss) in Switzerland were at a record high of 50%. In the same year (1999), marriages with foreigners are comparatively better: Marriages between Swiss and German or Italian women have a comparatively better divorce rate: 40%. Marriages between Brazilian or Thai women and Swiss turned out to be more durable than expected, the divorce rate reached the low rate of 30%. Fantastically low divorce rates were reached at marriages with women from Colombia (20%). Marriages with women from the former USSR reached a rate of 15%; however, it must be noted that marriages between Swiss and Russians boom at the moment, and that the divorce rate is not that much meaningful, because the divorce rate rises with a time-lag. However, there are also marriages between Swiss and foreigners where the divorce rate is worse than the domestic rate: Marriages between Swiss and women from the Dominican Republic tend to work very badly, the divorce rate reached catastrophic sixty percent. Similarly, but not quite as bad, the divorce rate in marriages between Swiss and Philippine women reached 45%."

"It can thus be concluded that the chance of survival of marriages to mail-order-brides does depend heavily on the bride's country of origin. Also, income and age difference play an important role. It could be statistically shown that the probability of a divorce declines 20% if the husband earned an income of more than 50,000 USD per year, and that the probability of a divorce increases if the age difference between groom and bride exceeds 15 years."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Excellent Ladislav. I will add it to my site intro by creating a separate page for your intros as a personal message to aspiring global daters. I will also include it in my new Guide to Dating Abroad. I will also put it together with your previous intro spiel:

"To those who consider us losers, here is our answer:

We have discovered that love and sex are commodities as any others and they both obey market trends and the laws of supply and demand. We treat male and female attractiveness only in marketing ways, as well.

In other words we export the attractiveness of the American male to global markets rather than depending on the domestic markets alone. If that is being a loser, than any export company that tries to find better markets for its products is a loser, too.

Global marketing is a respectable trend and international trade is a quadrillion dollar a year business. Can you imagine someone writing an email to a large global company with billions in sale around the world and saying something like this:

You loser, what's wrong with a good old American market? Why can't you find an American customer.

Worse yet: Hey what's wrong with American investors? Why sell out treasury bills to the Chinese and Saudis?

As it happens, an American Citizen man ( of any race, age and looks) is in greater demand in many countries than he is at home where he is surplus merchandise. So, we are here to market ourselves on the global scale."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi, so what do the surplus of single men in China do? Do they go to Mongolia or something? Or just remain dateless?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
wuming
Freshman Poster

Post by wuming »

Ladislav - cogent and compelling commentary, as usual. Thank you!

As you point out, it's not simply that the numbers are unbalanced - but that even if one "wins" a US/Western woman, the objective quality of the woman won is inferior: little or no class and style, mediocre or poor intelligence and education, narcissistic tendencies and psychological baggage, emotional indulgences and insanities, and an inability and unwillingness to cooperate and harmonize with the man in her life.

And yet the men in the US put up with it - for now, at least. I suspect the Great De-leveraging going on globally in finance will soon cause "interesting" sociological changes.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Vinstonas wrote:Momopi, so what do the surplus of single men in China do? Do they go to Mongolia or something? Or just remain dateless?
There's a significant number of people who are simply too poor to consider marriage. A Chinese coal miner is paid $5/day, and 100 times more likely to be killed on the job vs. American coal miner by weight of coal extraction. If you're a women would you want to marry a coal miner in China?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Great post as usual Ladislav! I think if single men in America knew how the dating scene is in other countries (like Russia, Philippines, and eastern Europe) they would get on the next plane and visit those countries! The dating scene in the US favors women big time! Statistics show in the US, there are one million more men between the ages of 18-34 than women. Also, the quality of the women in the US are a joke! :roll: They dress like janitors and are overweight and STILL get rich, handsome men! WTF?

Of course you have guys who are "players" and these guys will say, they have no problem meeting women in America. Well good for them, they are a small minority in the US. Most guys are having a hard time meeting women in the US. Just walk into any bookstore in the US and you will see dozens of books for men on how to meet women but very little if any books for women on how to meet men. That's because women have no problem meeting men in the US, their is no need for them to read books on how to meet men.

When you meet fat girls and ugly girls who say they have no problem meeting men and then you meet handsome guys who say they can't even get a date, well you know you are living in a dating hell hole for men and a dating paradise for women! :lol:
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Not to be confused with a racist, BUT when you consider that several million white women are dating black men, and that white men and black women are scarcely attracted to each other, the woman shortage in the USA for white males is worse than any country on Earth, by far. I know there is a town near by me, where approximately 80% of the women in their late teens to early 20s are with black guys. Almost no white man there, who is 30 or younger, has ever had a girlfriend at all! So add that to the one million surplus of men, not to mention, add to that all the young collage aged women who just have to do the trend of "I don't date", and you have probably over ten million men who can't get a girlfriend. Keep in mind China's huge population. So if China has 10 million more men than women, that just means that out 33 men there, 30 of them have a wife or girlfriend, and probably a good wife or girlfriend at that. Well, I can sure as hell say in the USA, in no way shape or form are there anywhere that high of a percentage of men who have a wife or girlfriend. See, the slight difference in gender ratio, which does look slight on the surface, is actually much broader when you break it down to the single men and single women. And this divide causes a sort of negative social chain reaction.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

jtest28 wrote:Not to be confused with a racist, BUT when you consider that several million white women are dating black men, and that white men and black women are scarcely attracted to each other,
According to US Census 2006, there were 117,000 WM-BF married couples vs. 286,000 BM-WF married couples.

What is the name of the town and state that's near you? I'd be interested to research demographic data there.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

But they don't give the couples that aren't married. I noticed on the rare occasion when white men and black women are together, they almost are always married. When it's white women and black men, almost none are married. At least that's the case in these southern states. And in the last two years, thats when the dramatic shortage of white women started, as that's when they started dating outside their race. I would be interested in the government giving us those stats instead. The newer ones, post 2007, and the ones that include couples who aren't married.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

jtest28 wrote:Not to be confused with a racist, BUT when you consider that several million white women are dating black men, and that white men and black women are scarcely attracted to each other, the woman shortage in the USA for white males is worse than any country on Earth, by far. I know there is a town near by me, where approximately 80% of the women in their late teens to early 20s are with black guys. Almost no white man there, who is 30 or younger, has ever had a girlfriend at all! So add that to the one million surplus of men, not to mention, add to that all the young collage aged women who just have to do the trend of "I don't date", and you have probably over ten million men who can't get a girlfriend. Keep in mind China's huge population. So if China has 10 million more men than women, that just means that out 33 men there, 30 of them have a wife or girlfriend, and probably a good wife or girlfriend at that. Well, I can sure as hell say in the USA, in no way shape or form are there anywhere that high of a percentage of men who have a wife or girlfriend. See, the slight difference in gender ratio, which does look slight on the surface, is actually much broader when you break it down to the single men and single women. And this divide causes a sort of negative social chain reaction.
Scary scary scary indeed. But they tell men that they need to polish their social skills. Lol. To hell with that. Anyway, I am in Ukraine now. This should not concern me. You guys get yer butts over here now!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

There is approximately one million more single men than single women in the 18-34 age group in the US. Holy crap, no wonder why women have the upper hand in the US dating field, the numbers are in their favor! Just take a look at this map of singles across the US. On the upper right side there are two slide rules that you can move (move the left one to the right to increase the age group your interested in and move the right one to the left to decrease the age group your interested in. When you first see the age range, it's from 18 to 64 but slide the sliders to the 20 to 34 age group and you will see EVERY CITY IN THE US HAS MORE SINGLE MEN THAN SINGLE WOMEN! It's unbelieveable! Here is the link for that map;

http://www.xoxosoma.com/singles/
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Post by EvilBaga »

Thats some impressive map!

:shock:
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Thing I noticed about the singles map is that if you keep the sliders together (i.e. targeting women in your same age bracket) the number of women per city DRASTICALLY increases over men, by the time they hit 40. Remember this is not a list of where more women are, but SINGLE women. My guess, is that by age 40, the huge increase in single women is due to divorces (w/ kids, otherwise why can't they remarry). You can't have that many single women without there being a similar increase in single men. Something funny is going on here. Perhaps (and hopefully) those men have divorced the American women, left them single, and found a happier life with a nice lady from overseas.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

It occurs to me that an army of a million bachelors is an army of a million potential malcontents. Bar a few 'happy bachelors' (who often rely on toys to distract them), none of those bachelors would exhibit any love towards American society or its women for it - due to these women shunning them in favour of morons whilst the majority of them work hard, pay their taxes, perform their civil duties, etc. As such, they have no real hope of having children or finding a decent girl (the ones who are single in their mid-30's are invariably difficult to deal with). The outmoded, fantastical divorce laws also make things more difficult. The vast majority of these guys want a wife and kids - it's only normal.

Without finding any purpose to working your butt off, why do so? I especially say this as society uses these bachelors for their own ends whilst disdaining them.

As has been documented here already, men will react to this collective disdain in different ways. The worst case scenario could result in a nightmare for Anglo women (and perhaps their bad boyzzz) inflicted upon them by the more unstable of the disenfranchised bachelors. I'd rather that not happen. Instead, they should work enough to make themselves comfortable (and thus pay less tax), find a decent girl from overseas or simply move overseas.