AiB & Falcon....

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

AiB & Falcon....

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

AiB, Falcon,

Gentlemen! Falcon likes non-western women with great personalities, which makes it easier for him to find a wife to settle down with (if that's part of his agenda).

AiB is entitled to rendering his opinion of what's hot and what's not. AiB, just remember that we can agree to disagree. You, too, Falcon. There's no bad blood among us here lol
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Thanks for the support E Irizarry!

Repatriate is actually the one who's most horrified by what I consider to be attractive. So, maybe you should include him in the topic title, hehe.

My agenda is to connect with people more easily, as Winston's main point is here. Super warm, friendly mamasitas surrounding me everywhere, that's definitely good enough for me! As for finding a wife -- yes, hopefully too!

But I think we'd both REALLY scare them if we went to West Africa together and showed them our photos of those gorgeous, gigantic, voluptuous black African mamasotas! :twisted:
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Falcon wrote:Thanks for the support E Irizarry!

Repatriate is actually the one who's most horrified by what I consider to be attractive. So, maybe you should include him in the topic title, hehe.

My agenda is to connect with people more easily, as Winston's main point is here. Super warm, friendly mamasitas surrounding me everywhere, that's definitely good enough for me! As for finding a wife -- yes, hopefully too!

But I think we'd both REALLY scare them if we went to West Africa together and showed them our photos of those gorgeous, gigantic, voluptuous black African mamasotas! :twisted:
I have no problem with your women, I'm not the one with them. Also, my finding them unattractive doesn't mean I have a problem with you personally.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Horrified is probably overstating the case but i'm definitely puzzled by your tastes but to each his own. :lol:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Since you're very happy, it's all good.

But when you regale me with tales about what a hot prospect you are and what a prolific playboy you've become as per your experiences outside of America, I gotta shake my head and think, "about any middle class dude from an industrialized country could pull similar girls left, right, and center, even if he's overweight, middle aged, bald, short, etc., so what's the big deal, what's to be proud of?" You act as if you scaled Mt. Everest or something.

Date girls like the one we met in Eslite bookstore and then we're having a conversation. Otherwise, enjoy your successes and all but understand you are playing ball in the D-League. Those gals would go with about anyone in spite of what they may claim. If that's really your true genuine taste (not a temporary issue) as a first worlder, then you are rare and very lucky. You can probably date such girls most of your remaining life with little effort. No need to get married. Just be the career playboy you fancy yourself as.

As for Africa, I beg to differ. There are a lot stunning girls that would not scare anyone here. One member here even dates African girls working here in Phils. Last time I saw him, he had 5'11" Senegalese staying with him. And he's planning to go to Africa. Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa all have an abundance of hot women and even stunners. And periphery countries like Ethiopia and Madagascar have been discussed on this forum before as good options to find girls who very attractive and don't necessarily fit the African stereotype so much.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Rock wrote:Since you're very happy, it's all good.

But when you regale me with tales about what a hot prospect you are and what a prolific playboy you've become as per your experiences outside of America, I gotta shake my head and think, "about any middle class dude from an industrialized country could pull similar girls left, right, and center, even if he's overweight, middle aged, bald, short, etc., so what's the big deal, what's to be proud of?" You act as if you scaled Mt. Everest or something.

Date girls like the one we met in Eslite bookstore and then we're having a conversation. Otherwise, enjoy your successes and all but understand you are playing ball in the D-League. Those gals would go with about anyone in spite of what they may claim. If that's really your true genuine taste (not a temporary issue) as a first worlder, then you are rare and very lucky. You can probably date such girls most of your remaining life with little effort. No need to get married. Just be the career playboy you fancy yourself as.
Rock, why all the negativity? I really believe you should be thinking a little deeper than that. This is stuff that I'd perfectly expect from a typical "Taiwanese dad."

Some points I'd like to make.

1. No, not just any middle-class guy could pick up any of those non-middle-class women. This is a faulty assumption made by many Americans as well as Taiwanese. They're definitely not all in it for the money. Winston could rebuff that very easily and tell you that it's guys with charisma who actually succeed very well with them. I'm also talking about flirting with them and just experiencing the warm, friendly aura from them, which is a favorite topic of Winston's. Like the Visayan girls at the park that I cold-approached: they initially thought I was just some non-local Filipino guy, but they were still super friendly and approachable. That initial friendliness and approachability of many folks outside the USA / Taiwan does not happen because I'm flashing my passport in their face.

With the Indonesian women as well as Mexican ones I've met, the first thing that impresses them is definitely the charm. Speaking to them in their language and impressing them with charisma and humor spark that initial attraction. A few Indonesian women in Taipei have reported to me that some old Taiwanese guys tried to pick them up by saying that they'd give them a lot of money to be their mistress, just completely up front like that. That usually fails, is seen as offensive and demeaning, and does not impress the Indonesian women at all! And many mestiza women in Mexico are still usually very resistant to dating Anglos, as AmericanInMexico has reported.

It's being a "charismatic anthropologist" that gets me so many of those ladies. For example, any rich, old, ugly guy CANNOT easily get an indigenous Indian woman in Guatemala. They stick to their own kind like many of the Mexicans and Indonesians do, and in order to penetrate that, you'll need to be a "charismatic anthropologist."

It's my true genuine taste too. There's no temporary issue at all. These ladies are genuinely attractive to me, both on the outside and inside.

2. The purpose of my trip reports is not to brag about myself, but to give others an idea of what different peoples and places could be like, from an HA perspective. If that were my purpose, I might as well could be making collages of myself with all those women, as Winston did. Since we all know there's a little too much complaining on this forum about Western women, my trip reports would give hope to all those guys stuck back in the matrix and know that there really is a way out of all that social disconnectedness, rejection, and loneliness. It's about furthering Winston's message and adding a sense of adventure and optimism to the forum, not about scaling the Mt. Everest of Int'l PUA (you're thinking about RooshV).

3. Career playboy? Absolutely not, you're not getting the point. That's the last thing I'd ever be, and I'm looking forward to getting married to a good woman too. I want long-term relationships, which is why I keep emphasizing personality over and over again, over looks and all else. I've been doing a lot of traveling lately due to family visits, conferences, work, and other reasons, and these reports are pretty much by-products of all these trips. This is about how it's possible to get that initial attraction, and how there's none of that "ice wall" that makes asking out women nearly impossible. Lack of initial attraction translates to datelessness for many folks, and vice versa.The pictures and stories of all the women discussed in the posts are about how they're approachable as potential dates, not about how I'm Mr. Roosh V tallying up my count. I never said I was gaming them, just that I'm amazed by their being approachable and down-to-earth.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you understand that I do not have any negative intentions at all.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote: With the Indonesian women as well as Mexican ones I've met, the first thing that impresses them is definitely the charm. Speaking to them in their language and impressing them with charisma and humor spark that initial attraction. A few Indonesian women in Taipei have reported to me that some old Taiwanese guys tried to pick them up by saying that they'd give them a lot of money to be their mistress, just completely up front like that. That usually fails, is seen as offensive and demeaning, and does not impress the Indonesian women at all! And many mestiza women in Mexico are still usually very resistant to dating Anglos, as AmericanInMexico has reported.
I can testify that Falcon does have some kind of charm. When he visited my aunt, he got her to open up in a way that I've never seen. My aunt talks to me sometimes, but we don't have that much to talk about normally. I was amazed that Falcon got her to open up and talk a lot more than usual. I didn't know my aunt could be so engaging and conversational. lol

So it does seem that Falcon has some type of charisma, charm or energy that allows him to connect with certain people in ways that few people can. It's hard to explain. But I've seen it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:I can testify that Falcon does have some kind of charm. When he visited my aunt, he got her to open up in a way that I've never seen. My aunt talks to me sometimes, but we don't have that much to talk about normally. I was amazed that Falcon got her to open up and talk a lot more than usual. I didn't know my aunt could be so engaging and conversational. lol

So it does seem that Falcon has some type of charisma, charm or energy that allows him to connect with certain people in ways that few people can. It's hard to explain. But I've seen it.

Wow, Winston, you're one of the very few people who have said this about me. I've also seen the charm in you, which Dianne kept talking about when I visited her and Angelo.

And remember the Mexican waitress at the buffet that I talked to? We were both quite bubbly and engaging that time. That's how I connect with many people overseas.

But just imagine me with Taiwanese women. Even though many people on this forum claim that it's the "taxi-driver look" that turns Taiwanese women off, there's much more to that. It's about that closed, stiff aura that most Southeast Asian women don't even come close to having. My experience with Taiwanese women seemed surprisingly very similar to yours.

I speak fluent Mandarin, I have the opposite physique of yours (taller, skinnier), have a different age and hairstyle, and went to Taipei rather than Chiayi or Taichung, but I felt the same exact thing you described about Taiwanese women (excluding many of the older ones) being cold, not easy to approach, narrow-minded, and often not so comfortable to be around with.

So another Taiwanese American who on the surface looks quite like the opposite of Winston, has the same experiences and vibes from Taiwanese women; I don't think this is just a coincidence.

Taiwanese women could certainly be great for some guys, and I wouldn't deny that. I have a few friends who do well there because they fit the Taiwanese mold. But I really can't and don't want to fit into the contemporary Taiwanese mold.

But Taiwanese women are still much better than American women on average. I noticed at the Taoyuan International Airport that the Taiwanese Americans speaking their California-speak have this swagger and apparent arrogance that the native-born Taiwanese don't have. They just don't have that almost hostile-like feel to them. So it's a step up, but not enough for me.

Even Rock has been going to the Philippines now, but he's dating the urban Taiwanese-type women there, haha. His girl can really pass for Taiwanese American, and doesn't seem like a typical Filipina from the provinces at all (see the "Rock meets awesome Filipina" thread).
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

And a few clarifications:

- I'm not completely disagreeing with Rock's opinions about Taiwan. In general, he's actually much, much more knowledgeable about Taiwan than Winston is. I learn plenty of great things from him all the time, both on the forum and in the person, that Winston wouldn't be knowledgeable about or even necessarily agree with. But Rock really is Taiwanese on the inside, as you can see from his personality, mannerisms, and everything. Looks aside, he's just a more open-minded and well-traveled Taiwanese. This, plus his mostly positive experiences, naturally leads him to strongly defend Taiwan, but when white people are bashed on the forum, Rock's reaction is not as strong.

- Winston has this really uncanny ability to think about things the way most people don't, and sometimes I feel he's hit the nail on the head, when the others don't seem to get it. I've come to appreciate this more and more over the months.

- As per Momopi's suggestions, I didn't just sit around and whine about the situation. I've found a solution too, which is Indonesian women in Taiwan. Rock and Repatriate might be dumbfounded, but I really think that these out-of-the-ordinary stories will fascinate, inspire, and maybe even help folks.

In any case, I'm grateful to have Winston and Rock as my two debating "Taiwanese uncles." :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes Falcon,
Rock does know a lot about Taiwan in ways that I don't, because he's been there for 10 years. But he's also wrong about some things about Taiwan too. I've proven it many times, and even other 10 year veterans of Taiwan, such as Sean, agree with me.

Rock was wrong when he claims that 99 percent of foreign guys in Taiwan do very well in the dating scene there. The reality is mixed, and I've found MANY guys who agree with me about Taiwanese women being cold and not approachable. Even Taiwanese women agreed with me, and told Rock so. But he shrugged it off and deleted it from his memory. I swear to God.

So even though he knows a lot about Taiwan, he was wrong about some things and exaggerated a lot, and even admitted that he was biased.

Moreover, the fact that Rock spends a lot more time outside of Taiwan and in the Philippines now, than inside Taiwan, speaks volumes. If Taiwan was so great, he would spend a lot of time there and would thrive and be alive there in his element. As they say, actions speak louder than words.

Deep down, I think Rock likes Taiwan and emphasizes and connects with it, but he also finds it dead, boring and sterile as well. I sense that he knows this too, but doesn't want to say it lest he appear hypocritical.

I may not know a lot about the left brain facts about Taiwan, but I do know a lot about Taiwanese people and culture and mentality. I grew up with it. And I speak Taiwanese well too. Same with that new forum member Bao, who wrote that long critique of Chinese culture.

Btw, I do not have any "taxi driver" look. That was just a joke. No one in Taiwan we asked thought that I did. Taxi drivers in Taiwan are typically low class and rednecks and do not act anything like me. Anyone can see my face, voice, vibe, body language, hand signals, speech, etc. and see that I do not resemble a taxi driver at all. I don't even like to drive and I have a bad sense of direction. I only have a pot belly, that's all. But having a pot belly doesn't give you a taxi driver look. Rock and Repatriate's joke was totally illogical and nonsensical.

You are right that even young people can see that Taiwan girls are cliquish and not open, relaxed or approachable with strangers. I knew that in 1990 when I was 17 in Taiwan and skinny. I was considered dating material, but found it very hard to chat up girls cold without being introduced. I made the same point long ago on this forum. So once again, I am correct. Accuracy is my middle name. :)

When did you see my charm Falcon? We did not meet any friendly sweet girls in Las Vegas for you to have seen my charm. We would have had to go to Philippines or Russia for you to have seen it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

anamericaninbangkok wrote:

I have no problem with your women, I'm not the one with them. Also, my finding them unattractive doesn't mean I have a problem with you personally.
Awesome!!!!! I love it when us men can respectfully disagree with something without having a personal transgression. Rock on! :-)
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Rock wrote:

Since you're very happy, it's all good.

As for Africa, I beg to differ. There are a lot stunning girls that would not scare anyone here. One member here even dates African girls working here in Phils. Last time I saw him, he had 5'11" Senegalese staying with him. And he's planning to go to Africa. Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa all have an abundance of hot women and even stunners. And periphery countries like Ethiopia and Madagascar have been discussed on this forum before as good options to find girls who very attractive and don't necessarily fit the African stereotype so much.
Rock, you know that we are partners in crime, right?
On the contrary, can I f.uck your friend's 5'11" Sengalese amazon? LOLLL
She must speak French smoothly, right?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Falcon is pretty popular with the ladies here. Twice we've been in a bar and he's picked the best ladies to talk to. Both my ladies finished their drinks then started whining about wanting more of my money. Sheesh. Meanwhile Falcon was swapping phone numbers with his ladies and making the most of his ability to speak Thai.

Well anyway it's worth bearing in mind that I'm almost twice Falcon's age. So I gotta work at it a bit.

And I have. Today I've been on two dates with one of the hottest women I have ever dated. Again, she isn't Thai. I see a pattern emerging here. This time she is from Myanmar, and has a really exotic look that's making me think some of us should really go visit this little known country.

Anyway, I have to say that Falcon's Issan lady is gigantic FUN. I've met up with her a couple of times and she's taken me around some of the more interesting places in her neighbourhood. I'm not sure who was leading who astray.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Xiongmao wrote:Falcon is pretty popular with the ladies here. Twice we've been in a bar and he's picked the best ladies to talk to.
xiongmao wrote:Anyway, I have to say that Falcon's Issan lady is gigantic FUN. I've met up with her a couple of times and she's taken me around some of the more interesting places in her neighbourhood.
Xiongmao now gets how I choose them. :)

Short-term: Mm, yes, I'm not blind. :P (Xiongmao and I went inside those places out of curiosity, and were only chatting and flirting with the ladies, nothing else.)
Long-term: Personality and having a sense of curiosity/adventure trump looks. This can be extremely rewarding!

I'd have to say that Xiongmao does pretty well himself. He's lined up more dates than either of us can count!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:When did you see my charm Falcon? We did not meet any friendly sweet girls in Las Vegas for you to have seen my charm. We would have had to go to Philippines or Russia for you to have seen it.
You have some of it even when you're not with women overseas, because you don't act like a serious conformist grown-up without a sense of fun and curiosity. And I've seen some of your videos where you're being really silly with the women.

Winston wrote:I may not know a lot about the left brain facts about Taiwan, but I do know a lot about Taiwanese people and culture and mentality. I grew up with it. And I speak Taiwanese well too. Same with that new forum member Bao, who wrote that long critique of Chinese culture.
And yes you do, in your Taiwanese/East Asian mentality articles and so on. I found the article to be refreshingly thoughtful and articulate.
http://www.happierabroad.com/Asian_Mentality.htm

I've actually seen Winston's points about Taiwanese attitudes and mentalities in action over when as it applies to how Taiwanese and Southeast Asian migrants get along with each other. I'm sure you can imagine that laid-back Filipinas working for super control-freak Taiwanese employers don't always have very positive experiences! (See "Asian bosses – stingy and sadistic" in Winston's article).

Rock wrote:Date girls like the one we met in Eslite bookstore and then we're having a conversation. Otherwise, enjoy your successes and all but understand you are playing ball in the D-League.
I'm just not attracted to her, in terms of looks, personality, worldview, and everything else. The irony was that I was in the bookstore buying Mandarin-learning books for my Indonesian lady, but Rock was trying to hook me up with the Taiwanese women there. The bookstore girl, Rock, and I all ended up talking about how I was into the Indonesian lady. She even said that if I'm attracted to the SE Asians, then I should just go with it. She also admitted that Taiwanese employers would definitely look down on their SE Asian employees, and that my Indonesian lady is very lucky to have me.

While I was in Taipei, Rock's ex-gf asked me why I'm even interested in meeting Taiwanese young women, and said that I should just continue to date the Latinas and SE Asians, as they're my type. She could tell from my vibe that I just won't fit in with them. Rock himself even gave up on me trying to meet Taiwanese women, and said that even if I meet more of them, I wouldn't find them interesting or satisfying as I'd keep thinking about the SE Asians, etc. Rock said, "It's because your heart isn't there" (你的心不在那里。). But now Rock is saying something different. So I should give Taiwanese women another try?

And another irony is that while Rock and my cousin were blabbing on about how I can't get Taiwanese and American women at my grandma's house, I was in the other room spending quality romantic time with the Indonesian lady, who's deeply in love with me. Rock came in for a bit and saw that himself.