Anyone want to write for our HA Blog?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Anyone want to write for our HA Blog?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
It looks like we need more active content in our Blog. So I was wondering, are any of you interested in becoming an Author or Contributor in our HA Blog?

http://blog.happierabroad.com

If so, PM me or post your interest in this thread. The benefit to you is that you will receive high search engine ranking on the content you produce, which will be indexed in Google and Yahoo with high placement. And you can put a backlink to your own blog or site as well (if you have one) which will help raise it's search engine ranking.

Also, I have another idea for any bloggers here. Would you like to run your own blog in a subdirectory under the HappierAbroad domain name? The URL of it would look something like this:

http://www.happierabroad.com/yourblog/articlename.htm

I could just set up a Wordpress blog under a subfolder and your blog would have a URL like the above. But it would have to be Wordpress though, not Blogger, because Blogger can only be installed under a subdomain like this:

which I already have one at. The thing is, I'm not sure if a subdomain would have the same search engine ranking as a main domain name.

Wordpress is not hard to figure out if you're not familiar with it. Once it's installed, you can log in any time and create your posts and control the layout. But if you prefer to use another blogging platform rather than Wordpress, that would be fine too, as long as it can be installed in a subdirectory.

The benefit to you would be that you would get high search engine rankings for your content, since it would be under the HappierAbroad domain name, which has very good placement in Google and Yahoo. Plus you would be able to run your own banner ads and affiliate ads to make money from them. So it would be an income opportunity for you as well. And we could feed your latest posts as a feed on the home page or something (if you can figure out how to do that).

You would have to be good in writing, computer literate, and willing to produce regular interesting content that will draw interest from readers.

The only thing I ask in return is that you place a link at the top to the home page and forum of this site.

So in summary, you would get these benefits:

- You can run your own banner advertising on the blog and make money from it, such as Google Adsense, affiliate commission ads, etc.
- You will receive high search engine ranking on all content you produce, which will be indexed in Google and Yahoo with high placement.
- You will have access to a blog that is already up and running, so you don't have to install one, or pay for your own domain name or web hosting. Thus the foundation will already be built for you.
- I will help bring you additional traffic by promoting your content on my forum and mailing list.

Important Note: Keep in mind that when you have a Wordpress blog, or another blogging platform, you can easily export it to a file and move it to another site if you ever need to. So if you start a blog under HappierAbroad, it is not stuck there. You can always elect to move it to another site of your own. Wordpress has a simple export function in its admin panel that exports the entire blog into an XML file that you can upload to another Wordpress blog, or another blog platform, which would technically migrate your blog in its entirety. Thus moving your blog to another site is super easy and would only take a few minutes. Just wanted you all to keep that in mind.

If any of you are interested, PM me or post your interest in this thread.

Thanks,
Winston
Last edited by Winston on April 9th, 2014, 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's another idea. I can add more writers to our HA Blog as co-authors and contributors. I'm referring to the one at:

Once I add you by email, all you would have to do is go to Blogger.com, login with your Google account, and then you will have access to create a post in our Blog.

This way, we can have a whole line up of writers and contributors to pour in more diverse quality content there.

Anyone interested?
Last edited by Winston on November 8th, 2013, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

in
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You would be a great contributor Mguy. Which idea are you in on? Do you mean contributing to our HA blog or creating a new one?

If the former, then PM me your email and I will add you as a co-author.

Btw, if we have a line up of writers in our HA blog, should we rename it "The Happier Abroaders" or what? lol

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

PMd you!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How many of you have blogs about foreign women or traveling abroad?

Maybe we can put up a section box on the home page called "HA Member Blogs" and list your blog under it? We can also list the member blogs here on the Forum Index page in the right sidebar.

navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

Hey Winston, this is a really good idea. I started my own private blog on Blogger.com last month, which I intend to open to the public next year after I start living abroad. Right now it's just a place for me to keep track of my progress while jotting down everything that's going through my head as I prepare myself for overseas living. I would love to have a blog on Happier Abroad at some point in the future.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok well you can either migrate it here easily with an XML file, or redirect it to a subdomain under HA.

Or you can just keep it offsite and we can post a link to it in a member blogs section.

Also keep in mind that if you contribute an article in our blog, you can post a backlink to your blog in it, under your name or as part of the content. This will help the SEO and page rank of your blog. Please note that posting links in the forum to the blog will not help because I've set all links in this forum to the "nofollow" attribute. Otherwise, the countless links in this forum might bleed out all our page rank. Besides, Google probably doesn't count forum links as real backlinks anyway, because anyone can post a forum link. It will more likely consider a backlink from a blog post to be more valuable than a forum link.

navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

I see where I can download my blog and save it as an XML file, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. I'll probably do that sometime next year, after I've settled down overseas.

My dream has been traveling perpetually and blogging about my experiences in each country. Now I'm taking steps to turn that dream into a reality.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey all,
Mguy just wrote his first article in our HA blog! Check it out.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2013/11/4 ... broad.html

PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Hi Winston,
John Rambo and I have just agreed to run an anonymous forum.

This will include anonymous articles and videos from men discussing the issues around crimes against fathers or any other issue that is of significant interest to men.

The reason we have decided to do this is that CAF exploded onto the world stage with the Rachel Cassidy case and we now have so many links to it that it's not funny. This was a great victory for us. Now we are doxxing the hell out of any women OR MEN who say hateful things about men in public because our search rankings skyrocketed. Here is the forum we are going to use.

You are absolutely welcome to pick up any article we present here and post it to your blog with just a reference and a link back to where it came from. For any article you post to your blog just let us know and we will put the link on CAF as well so the search engines find both links.

This is the forum entry point.

http://www.crimesagainstfathers.com/For ... fault.aspx

Here is an example dox from us. David Davies is a UK MP..and yet he just called to PUT MEN IN CHAINS to pay for their children...while NOT CALLING to put WOMEN IN CHAINS to pay for their children. We now have tense of thousands of men who know about CAF. And they know about hate filled man haters like David Davies. But they will not denounce them like I am doing. So I am calling on men to join CAF and to denounce ALL PEOPLE who openly spew man hatred into the world with impunity.

And as you can see...I emailed David and told him I sincerely hoped one of his constituents kills him for his man hatred...and I do to....it is about time a few more men said such things to these man haters.

http://www.crimesagainstfathers.com/uni ... fault.aspx

We are now doxxing about 50 women per day....we are emailing them and tweeting them to let them know they have been doxxed to CAF...it is only a matter of time before we have more cases like Rachel Cassidy....the more men who join CAF and denounce these things women are doing the better.

The more blogs that carry such stories the better. As far as my work...anything you want to replicate to your blog is fine by me....anything you want to publish or promote or talk about that I have put into the public is fine by me.

I have a new video channel over on kickass where I have put all my videos now.

https://kickass.to/user/joschuaboehm/uploads/

The more men who hear about the criminality of the family courts? The better.

The more men who hear that there is a remedy? The better.

Hopefully the 0.3% of men who actually have some guts will get off their arses and help themselves.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'd be interested in contributing. I think my stay in Asia will be an extended one.

You could use subdomains for the site, e.g. xiongmao.happierabroad.com

Google treats sub-domains as semi-separate sites. I think this is a bit of a cleaner solution.

I have no interest in bashing AW, but I could cover dating and living and working in Asia. In other words I'd cover the core HA thing of actually thinking about, and then going abroad.

I'm also interested in doing some programming, maybe I could knock up some interactive stuff here. I've built some really neat stuff lately so I have some legit stuff to show future employers who might be funny about dating stuff. I sent you the link about the forum directory. I am a wizard at Google maps if you can think of something we could map.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Xiongmao,
So you are interested in being a co-author in our HA blog? If so, PM me your current email and I'll send you an activation link to be an author there.

I've just renamed the blog from "Taboo Truths" to "The Happier Abroaders".

Mguy already posted a few articles about Manila and the Philippines there. Check them out.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/

We also have another new author who is still working on his first post.

Btw, are any of you good with the Blogger template? I'm having trouble getting the Follow buttons to work right. It keeps mentioning some error about an RSS feed when I try to add the Follow by Email button. I don't know how to fix it. Can any of you help? Thanks.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah I'd like to contribute something. I'm currently back in farangland and the weather's terrible. So there's nothing to do but blog all day. I've also got a mountain of unused photos and videos from Asia.

I don't know why you don't use Wordpress though. It's got some cool templates, plug-ins plus it's all set up for multiple authors.

We could probably export the existing posts and re-import them.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

xiongmao wrote:Yeah I'd like to contribute something. I'm currently back in farangland and the weather's terrible. So there's nothing to do but blog all day. I've also got a mountain of unused photos and videos from Asia.

I don't know why you don't use Wordpress though. It's got some cool templates, plug-ins plus it's all set up for multiple authors.

We could probably export the existing posts and re-import them.
Ok good. I'll add you then. But don't praise ladyboys in our blog ok? lol

I tried using Wordpress before, but it's difficult to use and not as user friendly as Blogger. The HTML I put into the Wordpress widgets don't even show up sometimes. Maybe if you help me figure it out, I might consider it.

One advantage of using Wordpress is that I can put it into a subfolder like this:

http://www.happierabroad.com/blog/articlename.htm

That way, I don't have to use a subdomain for it. I'm not sure which is better. I'll do some research on that.