Ask Winston Q&A: Post questions for Winston here

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sorry for the delay in answering all these questions. Here are my answers.
Phoenix93 wrote:How well do you speak Russian? I am asking because you can go to the Asiatic countries where Russian is widely spoken. The women look 200 times better than women from Philippines.

Example: Kazakhstan

Since you like frugality, those countries are all poor, so your money goes a long way. Most of those countries don't get any tourists, so it is a goldmine.
I speak basic Russian, enough to buy stuff and ask for directions using simple verbs and nouns. But not enough to talk about technical stuff or debate arguments. My Mandarin is similar.

Yes there are some great FSU Asiatic countries that are supposed to be frontiers for Western men, like Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Krygyzstan. We have some threads on those countries. Use the search field at the top to find them.

As to frugality, yeah but if they have the same mentality as Russians, that "frugality in men is disgusting", then it won't be so easy being frugal in those countries.
shortdoctor wrote: Hey Winston,

In your photo section, you have some pics from your time in Eastern Europe. Do you remember where you met some of these girls? I will show the links of some of the ones that I thought were really stunning.

Girl 1: http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Coll ... age262.jpg

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Coll ... age279.jpg
That's a girl in Vilnius, Lithuania I met on the street.
Girl 2: http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Coll ... age253.jpg

Girl 3 (on the right): http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Coll ... age253.jpg

I sometimes see girls who look like these women around the city, but can't ever find out where they are from. Thanks!
That's a Latvian girl I met at the train station in Riga.
Boner_Jones wrote: Winston

did you ever think... you would be a normal, loving, caring father... when you had your son?

i mean... you knew you were getting her pregnant didn't you? cause you said... you wanted to pass your genes to the next generation so... it wasn't an accident was it?

And... you were with him for a while... at least. so you must have thought you could be a true father.

but you abandoned him... sorry not judging you but just calling it like i see it... so you decided you weren't cut out to be a father.

what happened during that time... when you were with him...that made you decide... to abandon him? again i'm not judging you, no disrespect bro
That's already been explained in many threads. I thought I wanted a child because one feels empty and incomplete without reproducing. It's hardwired in our DNA to feel that way. But when you realize that a child involves you sacrificing your whole life and freedom for another without any real reward, it becomes the worst deal you could ever get into. Yes I'm not fit to be a father for many reasons. I can't be something that I'm not. I never intended to be a full time father, only a part time one. A routine life of marriage and kids and house would have been too boring to me. I always knew that. So I thought I'd be a part-time father. I still can be one, but the thing is, I'm looking toward seeking a serious relationship with a Chinese woman, so it may not be as viable.

I think life is much more interesting for a man when he has freedom and adventure, with periods of romance/passion in between. The ideal life would be like the life of Indiana Jones, lots of adventure and new discoveries (without so much danger though) with periods of romance and passion in between the adventures. I think that's the ideal kind of life for guys like me.

So I would not recommend becoming a parent, unless you really love children, being a parenthood and settling down with a family.

Keep in mind though, that sometimes your heart and your mind wants different things. When that occurs, listen to your heart. It knows best what you really want.
patrick wrote: Hey Winston,

I read somewhere in the forum you'd like to be a perpetual traveller. Do you stil want to be, and if so, when? Or are you settling yourself in Taiwan?
No way would I live in Taiwan long-term. I don't get attention from girls here, and don't find them approachable at all. I find them to be too conservative and closed for my taste. I would say it is even easier to approach girls in the USA than in Taiwan. Seriously. Not kidding about that. Also, the environment lacks social energy and feels stagnant, similar to Seattle, WA. I am not intentionally staying here. I am just lazy to do all the work I have to do to travel. Plus I have bad time management skills and procrastination issues. Some routines are too comfortable to change them, even if you hate them.
strangedays wrote: If a guy only speaks English, how difficult is it to shop for groceries or other goods in a foreign country like Taiwan, Thailand or Russia?
Not hard at all. Just learn how to say "How much" in that country's language. If you only know how to say "where" and "how much" you can get around and function and pay for things. Prices can be written down for you. Just pick what you want at the grocery store and at the checkout line, ask how much. Or just look at the total on the cashier readout panel. Then just pay the cash and take your change. No need for much to be said there.

Also, if you have a smart phone, you can now install an electronic translator app in it. Some apps even let you speak into it and will translate it through audio. There are free ones and paid ones. I started a thread about this in the forum here:

viewtopic.php?t=14286

This will greatly help in overcoming the language barrier.

Hope you've all learned something from these answers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

When are you going to post more videos of the Philippines and more of your European trips?

I do like your videos the most out of all of your content. I loved the video of you and Rock together.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 23rd, 2013, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlohaJW
Freshman Poster

Post by AlohaJW »

Hi there, Does anyone has any experience with CherryBlossoms.com?
AlohaJW
Freshman Poster

Post by AlohaJW »

Hi, Due to my work, I am not ready to relocate to Philippine yet. What other options or strategies do I have in dating women from Asia or Philippine? Any advice? Thanks.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Never mind
Last edited by polya on August 7th, 2012, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

AlohaJW wrote:Hi there, Does anyone has any experience with CherryBlossoms.com?
Does anyone? This is a thread for questions to me. You can use the search box above to find threads about Cherry Blossoms. Try it and read the threads we have here about it.

The general consensus is that it is great for meeting lots of Filipinas who are desperate to find a nice guy.
Hi, Due to my work, I am not ready to relocate to Philippine yet. What other options or strategies do I have in dating women from Asia or Philippine? Any advice? Thanks.
You can use Cherry Blossoms or DateinAsia.com to try to meet Filipinas in your home town?

If you join Cherry Blossoms, use my affiliate link here so I can get credit. :)

http://www.happierabroad.com/MeetForeignWomen.htm
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phx wrote:When are you going to post more videos of the Philippines and more of your European trips?

I do like your videos the most out of all of your content. I loved the video of you and Rock together.
I hope to upload more clips soon, either to YouTube or Vimeo, or on this site.

However, there are 38 hours of video. Too much for me to handle alone. I may hire a freelance video editor to compose some videos from my trip videos. I have also offered to send copies of the whole thing to Jamesbond for him to extract clips from, since he loves making videos about me. lol

Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Yes, give jamesbond your 38 hours of video. That way he can post them on YouTube, so I can watch them! I have been waiting years for your European and Asian videos!

Thanks for answering my question :)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Kalmykia

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote: So anyways, once I did see a Korean guy with a Kyrgyz woman. Note that Koreans and Kyrgyz both have Altaic roots (For thousands of years, Altaic peoples were China's nemesis.).
I wish I had a better pic but here's one of some hotties from Kalmykia.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... 4dMNNAy4iz

Long history with Russia, Lenin was part Kalmyk.

Like Koreans they are more or less Mongol I think. And, apparently, brilliant.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Phoenix93 wrote:How well do you speak Russian? I am asking because you can go to the Asiatic countries where Russian is widely spoken. The women look 200 times better than women from Philippines.

Example: Kazakhstan

Since you like frugality, those countries are all poor, so your money goes a long way. Most of those countries don't get any tourists, so it is a goldmine.
This makes the most sense. 1/3 of people there are Russians, lots of resources and strong economy, and Central Asians from different groups to choose from.

Let's get a photo of WW in red silk cossack shirt, holding two flaming swords of grilled shashlik.
ph
Freshman Poster

personal question I like to ask

Post by ph »

Hey Winston,

Good to meet you. Im Peter from USA and I have been following your post about USA and your website on and off for quite a while.

I have to admit like many other posts out there, I found it easy to be critical. But Im really not thinking otherwise if I just tell you my critical remark. On the other hand, to be honest, I do believe your posts are insightful and have many good points.

Otherwise Im curious. I have read your personal page, including your time in college. As I happen to be a recent college graduate myself, I have a personal question (its just a personal question). Have you belonged to a Fraternity/greek life?What fraternity were you in? (I have friends who belonged to them back in their day)
Winston
Site Admin

Re: personal question I like to ask

Post by Winston »

ph wrote:Hey Winston,

Good to meet you. Im Peter from USA and I have been following your post about USA and your website on and off for quite a while.

I have to admit like many other posts out there, I found it easy to be critical. But Im really not thinking otherwise if I just tell you my critical remark. On the other hand, to be honest, I do believe your posts are insightful and have many good points.

Otherwise Im curious. I have read your personal page, including your time in college. As I happen to be a recent college graduate myself, I have a personal question (its just a personal question). Have you belonged to a Fraternity/greek life?What fraternity were you in? (I have friends who belonged to them back in their day)
Welcome to the forum Peter.

To answer your question, yes I joined a co-ed fraternity at the end of college, but didn't do much with them. I also visited another fraternity which was all guys and hosted parties with sororities, and was thinking of joining, but didn't feel up to committing to them. It felt too conformist and group oriented, not the kind of thing for a freethinker. You know what I mean?

Why do you ask about this?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phx wrote:Yes, give jamesbond your 38 hours of video. That way he can post them on YouTube, so I can watch them! I have been waiting years for your European and Asian videos!

Thanks for answering my question :)
Your welcome. Jamesbond already extracted some clips and posted them. Did you see them?

I am planning to find a way to upload all 38 hours of my videos for download at a fee. If I can do that, you can see all of it without having me copy them on DVD's for you.

ph
Freshman Poster

Post by ph »

Hey Winston,

I was just wondering. Unless that was a personal question. I almost did join one at some point. But you have a point, it wasn't for me.