What ever happened to Steve Hoca?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Did Steve find himself a filipina? His homepage stevehoca.com shows him with a filipina. Anyone know?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Steve Hoca

Post by jamesbond »

steve55 wrote:Did Steve find himself a filipina? His homepage stevehoca.com shows him with a filipina. Anyone know ?
I have wondered that myself. He hasn't given any indication that he has found a girlfriend from the Philippines other than that photo.

He should join our forum.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Banano
Veteran Poster

What happened to Steve Hoca and his trip to the Philippines?

Post by Banano »

How did he go? Did he like it?
I havent heard anything abt it but I am curious to know if he was happy with women over there.
My guess is that he wouldnt blend in well with culture, PH girls wouldnt stimulte him mentaly

I d like to hear his assessment of the country and dating scene.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What happened to Steve Hoca and his trip to PHiliphines?

Post by Rock »

Banano wrote:How did he go? Did he like it?
I havent heard anything abt it but I am curious to know if he was happy with women over there.
My guess is that he wouldnt blend in well with culture, PH girls wouldnt stimulte him mentaly

I d like to hear his assessment of the country and dating scene
From what I remember, he didn't spend much time there and traveled to several places. So it was kind of a whirlwind tour for him. Also, he might have felt that women there were basically only interested in him for his money (just my memory of what I heard about his trip). I think his relative silence about it since then implies it was not the solution he was hoping for. He seems to be more content focusing on what's wrong with women in the USA then on finding viable possibilities overseas.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Here's Steve's latest video and channel on youtube. He's still in the USA and is a MGTOW:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I wrote about that in another thread here:

viewtopic.php?t=9030
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok here are the sum total of all the updates that Steve Hoca sent me about his trip to the Philippines. It contains a few updates and many post-trip comments afterward. I looked them over in my email archives and don't see anything that might be of a confidential nature in them, so I think it's safe to release them in full here. As you can see, what he says validates pretty much everything I've said about the Philippines and Filipinas.

Steve Hoca's updates and comments about his Philippines trip:
Hello Winston:

Just wanted to tell you that I found this super nice Filipina in Cagayan de Oro who I met on Filipina cupid. She is wonderful.

You are right, when going to the mall, I don't feel like a creep. Women -- not all though -- smile at me when I am with this girl. There is none of this feeling of "you're a creep". In America, if a 40-year-old guy like me were holding hands with a 20-year-old in a mall, they would call security and have me investigated.

I don't feel any hostility from Filipino people (including women). They are, for the most part, hard-working and very friendly, especially in the province of Mindanao. I am elated.

I will show you great video I did. It's amazing. Some things here are super expensive, however, so you have to be careful how you spend your money. But aside from the economics, most Filipinos are really fun to talk to.

Also, I am not into the Angeles City thing. There are too many nice girls that bypass the whole need for sexual tourism.

One last thing. You can fly to any island in the Philippines via cebupacificair.com for about 60 american dollars. That is super cheap.

Talk to you later.

Steve

Hello Winston:

I am being held captive by a girl in Cagayan de Oro who probably would like me to stay here the whole time. I have been here almost three days, and I am ready to head to Cebu. I got sick over the past 24 hours, and have been urinating black crap out my butt. It must be the food because what else could it be, right? Things here in the Philippines are great, but some are not so great.

The prices at the mall on almost everything are more expensive when you break it down actually. For examle, a bottle of Versace Blue Jean Cologne costs about 57 American dollars, where in the U.S. it's about half that. The lady at the counter saw me react to this price and she must have known I was shocked. Also, restaurants are not cheap in comparision to a person's salary. Eating out and gonig to the mall is definitely a luxury item for Philippinos making 200 pesos a day (about 7 or 8 American dollars).

Anyway, back to this girl. I feel that she clings to me like flies on fresh cow manure. I don't know what to do, but once I get my check-up for this awful thing I have in my stomach, I am heading out on a communter flight to Cebu. I want to visit a couple women there and also approach women at the mall. How can I do that here when I have this woman watching me every friggin' second? I feel like a hostage at times, even though I know she is sweet and just wants a nice man in her life.

Ok, enough of that. I need to go now but I will keep you up to date and posted. I have not gone to Angeles City yet, but I may or may not. It depends. I need to be careful not to fall into the typical trap that most sexual tourists do. I am here for the experience of love, not just raw skin.

Talk to you soon.

Steve

Hello Winston:

It's great that you have been patient. I am now in week two of my vacation in the Philippines and must say that it's going real good,

When I get back to the states, I am going to post on our site. I really think the time has come. I need to post my observations of my experience of the Philippines thus far. Most of my experiences are positive, but there are some negatives as well. In any case, you and I are both of the opinion that the grass is generally greener on the other side of the United States as far as social connectedness is concerned.

I have thought a lot about you Winston, and most of your observations about expat life and life in America are spot on. You truly are a man of wisdom. You're the most philosophically-minded Asian guy I have ever met.

Anyway, I have to go now but I will contact you again soon. I just got back from a 3-day trip from Cebu City. What an experience that was.

Talk to you soon.

Steve

Hello Winston:

I read your posting and rather than post directly to it, I thought that I would just give you my two cents.

Angeles City is a cesspool of total misery. I never went there in my during my two-week trip, and seriously, I had no plans to either. The women there are all gimme-gimme types that are only out for one thing: your wallet.

I met a nice girl in Cagayan de Oro and one other in Cebu. Seriously Winston, I refuse to make foreign travel strictly about sexual tourism. I didn't get go to the Philippines to meet prostitutes. I can find that in America. I went there to see the other side of the world, and that I liked. The scenery was beautiful too.

Maybe when you get a little older Winston, you'll realize that meeting foreign women is not about partying and sex, it's about getting what you deserve as a man, and that's a beautiful woman that you can love, be nurtured by, and grow old with. Someone that will have true meaning in your life. Looks fade, but if done right, love can last a lifetime. Maybe even an eternity.

In closing, I will say this. I may never visit Angeles City. I had no intentions six months ago, and I surely don't think I have intentions now.

Talk to you soon friend.

Steve

Hello Winston:

I must agree with you on this one totally. When I was in the Philippines, I too noticed that people who are somewhat middle class hang only around other Philippinos and not foreigners. It's a cliquish thing that struck me. Ladislav never talked about this at all. He made it seem as if any woman there was dying to meet a nice, handsome, foreign guy which simply wasn't the case. Ladislav had me stay at this pension house that was a total flop, and at no time did any of the girls at the desk act friendly or say hello. I was so turned off by this Winston.

When I went out alone to the restaurants (mainly the fast food ones that most Philippinos cannot afford), I too noticed this cliquish attitude with these people. None would engage me in conversation, and that really hurt. The only way you can meet these women Winston is to take a laptop computer with you, and make sure you email as many females as you can in the area that are on the Filipina Cupid singles sites. Then, there are prospects right there. But, I never felt as if women there just wanted to swallow me up and take me in their arms.

Things have changed a bit I am sure, but the general rule is this: seek out women who are economically disadvantaged and not basking in materialism. If you do, you will have luck. Otherwise, you will be stuck all by yourself, lonely in your apartment or hotel room. Had it not been for one nice Filipina I met in Cagayan de Oro, I am sure my trip would have been much lonelier.

Talk to you soon.

Steve

Hello Winston:

Once again, you make a very astute point about the Philippines. It's as if as long as they have money, they want nothing to do with you as a foreigner. But, if they are destitute and poor, then you are the magic knight on a white horse coming to their rescue, particularly the women.

I am sad that this was my experience, but it was. You really have to be strategic when you're out and about trying to meet women in the Philippines. You have to go to poor areas, not upwardly more progressive ones. When I was in Cebu, I stayed a few days at this place in downtown Cebu City. The place was very busy, and there was a mall just across the street. You are right, as long as these people are making money and spending it freely, it's as if they don't need to socialize with foreigners, even Americans for that matter.

When I met the one women in Cebu, I had to have a cab driver take me over forty miles outside the city to a poor part in order to meet a woman that actually wanted to be with me.

Once again Winston, you are a genius, and you once again make more valid points. Keep up the good work.

Steve

Hello Winston:

I have to comment further about the whole leech mentality of Filipinos. In only two weeks, I learned so much about them, almost to the point where I am thinking that you are right in that they are shameless leeches lacking very little pride. When you meet a woman, she never just goes out alone with you. She brings her whole entourage. And she has no shame about it either. And you are right in that if you promise a Filipinos a gift, they not only will accept your offer (unlike us, "you don't have to do that"), but they will also hold you to your promise as if "you own it to me".

I think the Philippines is nice in that the weather there is beautiful, and if you manage your money right, you can get a 3 to 1 advantage over it. However, computers there are extremely expensive, as is fast food and beer. Comparatively, a can of beer there costs 30 pesos in the supermarket, which amounts to 75 American cents. That's about what you pay per beer when you buy a 12 pack of beer in the states. In fact, even less than that. Most electronics there are expensive. A laptop computer that costs $600.00 here in the U.S. will easily cost $900.00 there, and to Filipinos, that's like buying a very expensive used car.

Also, where the hell do these Filipinos that can afford Jollibee come from Winston? I thought that in the Philippines, most workers only make 200 pesos per day, or seven American dollars. How the hell can they afford to pay 150 pesos for a simple fast food meal? Also, fast food is comparatively the same price as it is here in the United States. For three American dollars, you can still get a value meal at some McDonald's restaurants. And there the price is the same. Go figure.

I will sum it up like this Winston: the Philippines is an anomaly to say the least. Larry Elterman made it seem as if things were cheaper there, and he is right. But, there are so many factors there I just don't understand. Will I go back there? Probably, but it's hard to say when.

Steve

Hello Winston:

I talked with Steve Neese and he said that his experiences were different, but after referring him to your article on middle class Filipinos, he agreed that there is a lot of truth to it. The problem is, he didn't experience all this because his main goal, like you, was to get sex in cities like Angeles City. I was there for other reasons.

What I am trying to say is, it's not as if women see you as an American or Westerner and are just dying to get to know you. In fact, most are not. You have to understand that Cherry Blossoms and Filipina Cupid are just small sub-segments of the female population that are poor and want a great American guy. That is my take on it. Overall, I still think people are more clanish, and they tend to only want to be around their own people.

No, I did not go to Cebu long enough to experience the whole "approach every woman" deal. But outside of Cebu, about 40 miles or so, I did meet a nice girl who was really into me. Of course, I did meet her onine and she was someone that I had pre-screened. I was on a time restraint, however, and didn't have time to meet her a second time. I took her and her cousins out to eat and it was a good experience.

I have some interesting ideas on how to live in the Philippines, however. It involves working your ass off six months out of the year, 12-16 hours per day, and then saving up enough to live there six months at a time. I have the ability to do that with my teaching and technical skills, and it's something I have seriously considered. Too many guys on your site are complaining that they don't know how to get work there, or they worry they won't be able to find it. My attitude is this: don't limit yourself to having a teaching English certification. That is not the only way to fund going to the Philippines. Plus, people like me don't have 4-year degrees, and it's more than likely a requirement if you want to teach there.

I would love to do an interview with you again. I still have Steve's from December. Maybe if I am not shy, I will put it up. But I am a bit reserved about it now.

Talk to you soon.

Steve

Hello Winston:

I have suspected all along that in order to be successful financially, you have to have multiple, passive sources of income to survive. Your site is soon going to be an income where you only need to put in ten hours a week or less, and you'll get easly 1,000 American dollars in consistent income. That is a big chunk of change for only ten hours a week, But, when you retroactively look at it, you put in tons of hours that you never got paid for, not to mention hosting costs.

I am going to do the same thing, but my strategy is that while I am earning a tiny bit of passive income, I'll need to be working full-force with my teaching. I would love to go to the Philippines, this time being more strategic and less woman-minded.

I love the weather there Winston. The islands there were also beautiful. I am sure my motivation just on the weather alone will get me back with for a long time in the next year or less. I already have money saved. The women issue will just be the bonus. However, I am not going to hang around tourist areas where go go girls hang out. They are suck leeches and it makes me wonder why men don't look for more conservative options.

Anyway, take care, and talk to you soon.

Steve
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Arabian_prince
Freshman Poster

Post by Arabian_prince »

Anyone know anything about him?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

No one knows. He is very hyper and his pattern has been that he gets strong interest in something and then disappears. It's possible he may be bi-polar too in that he gets overexcited during his up cycle and then withdraws during his down cycle.

Also, the fact that he thrives on anger and negativity makes is probable that he will find something negative about HA and Global Dating and thus not be excited about it anymore. People like that will find reasons to diss anything, so their enthusiasm about it won't last for long.

I'm just speculating of course.

Arabian_prince
Freshman Poster

Post by Arabian_prince »

Thats a very descriptive description of his personality. You must have known him for a long time.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Arabian_prince wrote:Thats a very descriptive description of his personality. You must have known him for a long time.
Not really. I just know his personality from the content he produces on his podcasts. Anyone can see it. I'm also good at reading people too. Psychology is a field I have a knack for.

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Thing with him is that he is not into foreign women either and AW are out of his reach. He really is stuck between hard and rock.

Mr. Hoca is better looking than 70% of men his age and still can't find someone to be with, guy is fit (runs fkn marathons), smart, good talker, etc..I have feeling he just doesn't like women that much.

Win,

Why dont you shoot him and email to see whats up? Tell him to do some interviews and get his website up.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes that's probably true. Hoca probably just doesn't connect with women well, not even foreign women. Some guys just don't connect with women in general, even nice women. Or they have no relationship skills.

He rarely answers his email. But he answers phone calls so I would have to call him to talk to him.

Arabian, are you in Ohio? If so, Hoca is there too. Maybe you can meet up with him.

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

People that blaze onto the scene tend not to have staying power. Perhaps this is due to their reactions being based on emotion as opposed to simple logic.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Banano wrote:Thing with him is that he is not into foreign women either and AW are out of his reach. He really is stuck between hard and rock.

Mr. Hoca is better looking than 70% of men his age and still can't find someone to be with, guy is fit (runs fkn marathons), smart, good talker, etc..I have feeling he just doesn't like women that much.
I don't like women much either. Their complete disregard for making sense pisses me off. I've never seen such divine stupidity in large quantities, even from animals lower than us.

This goes for ALL women. Domestic or foreign, they seem more like dumbass children to me.