Google Patents Throat Tattoo with Mic and Lie Detector

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Google Patents Throat Tattoo with Mic and Lie Detector

Post by HouseMD »

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/08 ... ur_throat/

This one is for all of you conspiracy nuts out there. Basically, it's an implantable phone they tattoo on your neck to improve reception or some bullshit. Why they would elaborate on the patent about lie detector capabilities just seems strange. Maybe they're looking to make headway into the Chinese prison market, who knows.

From the article:
And then there's the lie-detector feature. "Optionally," the filing muses, "the electronic skin tattoo can further include a galvanic skin response detector to detect skin resistance of a user. It is contemplated that a user that may be nervous or engaging in speaking falsehoods may exhibit different galvanic skin response than a more confident, truth telling individual."

If anyone can think of a good reason to include this in a patent application for what is supposed to be an implantable cell phone, please do tell.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

I am sorry HouseMD...but what kind of avatar is that? meaning, why do we have to look at a spooky guy if we want to read your posts? How about something more pleasant?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

ryanx wrote:I am sorry HouseMD...but what kind of avatar is that? meaning, why do we have to look at a spooky guy if we want to read your posts? How about something more pleasant?
It's just a placeholder that I use as my regular avatar on a couple of gaming forums, I'm only using it till I can decide on a new avatar. I'll switch it to something else very shortly.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

LOL, I still like his new avatar better than the old one. I hate that HouseMD show with that sarcastic, know-it-all f***er. :x (Not you, House, the show!)
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

jtest28 wrote:LOL, I still like his new avatar better than the old one. I hate that HouseMD show with that sarcastic, know-it-all f***er. :x (Not you, House, the show!)
Yeah, that show was OK as a kind of detective show for a season or so, but then disappeared up its own backside with constant quack psychobabble.
"You're only saying that because [psychobabble]".
"You're only saying that I'm saying that because [psychobabble] because [other psychobabble]".
And so on.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Google are petty clueless in general. Still trying to figure out what the company actually does, aside from making a dysfunctional webmail...
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

House was great for the first two seasons, but went downhill very quickly from there. Became more about the relationships and drama than it was about the medical detective work.

And Google does one thing above all else- sell information. That is the reason they do everything else. Android OS, gmail, google web searches, the chrome browser, and youtube all constantly harvest information about the people that use them. Google then sells this information for a fortune, as well as using it to place targeted ads that are so precise that google will be sending you links for divorce lawyers a week before you even know your wife has filed the papers.

They make our lives convenient, at the cost of our privacy.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Google Patents Throat Tattoo with Mic and Lie Detector

Post by Teal Lantern »

HouseMD wrote:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/08 ... ur_throat/

This one is for all of you conspiracy nuts out there. Basically, it's an implantable phone they tattoo on your neck to improve reception or some bullshit. Why they would elaborate on the patent about lie detector capabilities just seems strange. Maybe they're looking to make headway into the Chinese prison market, who knows.

From the article:
And then there's the lie-detector feature. "Optionally," the filing muses, "the electronic skin tattoo can further include a galvanic skin response detector to detect skin resistance of a user. It is contemplated that a user that may be nervous or engaging in speaking falsehoods may exhibit different galvanic skin response than a more confident, truth telling individual."

If anyone can think of a good reason to include this in a patent application for what is supposed to be an implantable cell phone, please do tell.
Will the tat be voluntary, or will they start with the alzheimer's patients and male "sex offenders", then work their way down to the rest of us?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Companies like Google and Apple are always inventing things, much of which we never hear about.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

LOL@HouseMD: Is that the Illusive Man? He looks familiar.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

ryanx wrote:I am sorry HouseMD...but what kind of avatar is that? meaning, why do we have to look at a spooky guy if we want to read your posts? How about something more pleasant?
Is my new temporary avatar sufficiently pleasant for you?

And yes C.J., it is/was the Illusive Man, because he's a bad-ass transhumanist like myself.