American bitch killing lions

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny
Freshman Poster

American bitch killing lions

Post by Johnny »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ead_module

They should of arrested this bimbo fake tits American bitch handcuff her and fed her to the lions.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I think it's incorrect to be upset about anyone hunting and killing animals.

Even the creator of the animals himself said go for it, so where is the problem, as long as it isn't done with the intention to make the creature go extinct.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I imagine these were legal shoots. Probably the only wrongdoing is that as a female she should be cooking the game after a man shot them.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Now this shit pisses me off, cunt or not, man or not. WTF do you need to shoot a lion other than for self-preservation. Lion numbers were thought to be around 100,000 however they're actually more like 40,000. Can you imagine Africa without lions? There are so many animals in serious, serious trouble and yet the dumb f***s of the world keep shooting them for fun or so they can get their little Chinese or Vietnamese dicks to stay hard longer. f***ing brilliant.

There is one company in Laos that is responsible for much of the wildlife trade to Vietnam, so far, no one has been able to nab the individual who owns the company even though he is well known as the ringleader. What I find even more abhorrent is the fact that approximately 90-95% of the items being sold as rhino horns in Vietnam are actually fake.

I'm going to sign this petition. I don't care if the bitch had a permit or not.

Oh and Magnum, I believe the reason for killing animals is survival, not simply for the f**k of it. Why don't we just wipe all the species of animals besides humans out?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Now this shit pisses me off, c**t or not, man or not. WTF do you need to shoot a lion other than for self-preservation. Lion numbers were thought to be around 100,000 however they're actually more like 40,000. Can you imagine Africa without lions? There are so many animals in serious, serious trouble and yet the dumb f***s of the world keep shooting them for fun or so they can get their little Chinese or Vietnamese dicks to stay hard longer. f***ing brilliant.
The thing is that the hominid population has swelled to such large numbers that large wild animals such as lions are confided to particular areas. As such their numbers must be kept down lest they encroach on the hominid areas. Since they are confined to certain areas, the area can only sustain a limited number of them. If their numbers get too great they must be culled. A win-win situation is where you can have someone pay to cull them for you. Better yet, it gives the wild animals a monetary worth. Even if they are killing cattle that starving families rely on to live, the families will know that they will get more money from foreign hunters to shoot them, so they will actually try to keep them alive. They will defend the wild animals and even forbid the foreigners to kill females and cubs to keep a breeding population. Of course, if hunting were forbidden then the wild animals would have no value, so the starving families whose livestock they were killing would just poison them all. What would you do in their situation?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

First, there is more than enough land set aside for the lions to live without culling them.

Read this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... servation/

Very little money gets back to the local communities. Tourism brings in far greater revenue. I understand why poachers do what they do as most are mired in poverty. Still doesn't make it right and there are ways around this, however by the time the governments take any serious action it will be too late. It would be better if the locals were paid for animals lost.

The cost to shoot a lion is approximately $22K last I saw. It could be much higher now, I'm not certain. I was incorrect according to the Nat Geo article. There are now approximately 32K lions left in the wild, not 40K, and most experts think there's even less. So we can keep shooting them for $22K and eventually they'll be just like tigers, near extinction.

If you haven't heard of it, Google the case of the Thai whores being used by a Laotian company to legally shoot rhinos. The horns were then sent to Vietnam. Imagine that. But of course, this was legal too until the authorities found out exactly what was going on.

I could get much more in depth about the wildlife trade and trophy hunting but I prefer to just disagree and say I'm completely against trophy hunting.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

I don't see why this is significant.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

While I'm not down with the killing of lions in general, I don't feel her being am American woman plays a part in why this story should be upsetting. A hunter is a hunter and she is a damn good one, with a wide variety of weapons. That's impressive. But killing lions should be banned, before their numbers reach a level in any given area that cannot genetically sustain a population.

I'm usually not big on conservation- all species eventually meet their end, and new species will one day arise to replace them. Conservation is, at its essence, a movement that seeks to fight evolution. I've just got a soft spot for big cats, so I've got a totally illogical desire to see them preserved. They are second only to humans in their abilities as land predators, they're just incredible.
Last edited by HouseMD on November 17th, 2013, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

HouseMD wrote:While I'm not down with the killing of lions in general, I don't feel her being am American woman plays a party in why this story should be upsetting. A hunter is a hunter and she is a damn good one, with a wide variety of weapons. That's impressive. But killing lions should be banned, before their numbers reach a level in any given area that cannot genetically sustain a population.

I'm usually not big on conservation- all species eventually meet their end, and new species will one day arise to replace them. Conservation is, at its essence, a movement that seeks to fight evolution. I've just got a soft spot for big cats, so I've got a totally illogical desire to see them preserved. They are second only to humans in their abilities as land predators, they're just incredible.

Ah....the voice of reason.... +1

Outwest
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

meanwhile Countless people suffer in Korean, lets not forget the child soldiers in Africa.

Oh but look dead lions, oh the humanity!

I don't think we should hunt things to the point of being extinct, but we have bigger problems in this world, but that's another issue I suppose.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

magnum wrote:meanwhile Countless people suffer in Korean, lets not forget the child soldiers in Africa.

Oh but look dead lions, oh the humanity!

I don't think we should hunt things to the point of being extinct, but we have bigger problems in this world, but that's another issue I suppose.
Yep, that's the logic. One problem takes priority over another so let's not take of the least pressing problem. North Korea doesn't want the outside world's. Child soldiers need to be eradicated, definitely, but this doesn't mean lions and other endangered species should be let to go extinct.