Another guy flips out and takes his family with him

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Another guy flips out and takes his family with him

Post by S_Parc »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/19/br ... l-problems

This is in a metrowest town, a safe suburb of Boston, where you almost never hear about a family slashing like this. It's not too far from Paul Revere's famous ride.

Usually, many family slaying stories stay in the working class towns and inner city. And then, the press usually puts it away into the whole [ lower class / junkie ] folder and forgets about it.

Here, the cops had to broadcast to the 'burbs that there wasn't a maniac on the loose, to calm down the residents in the neighboring towns, places where homes start at $600K.

All and all, I see many guys these days with kids and most of them look distressed and about to go off.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Another guy flips out and takes his family with him

Post by Teal Lantern »

S_Parc wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/19/br ... l-problems

This is in a metrowest town, a safe suburb of Boston, where you almost never hear about a family slashing like this. It's not too far from Paul Revere's famous ride.

Usually, many family slaying stories stay in the working class towns and inner city. And then, the press usually puts it away into the whole [ lower class / junkie ] folder and forgets about it.

Here, the cops had to broadcast to the 'burbs that there wasn't a maniac on the loose, to calm down the residents in the neighboring towns, places where homes start at $600K.

All and all, I see many guys these days with kids and most of them look distressed and about to go off.
I'm seeing many stories like this nationwide.

This wife was aiming to get a nice house and a couple of decades chalimony on twins :shock: .
Just happened to pop out a couple of kids before the egg timer dings? Come-the-fvck-on. :roll:

Let me de-cloak and go hunting for NAWALT. :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Teal Lantern wrote:I'm seeing many stories like this nationwide.

This wife was aiming to get a nice house and a couple of decades chalimony on twins :shock: .
Just happened to pop out a couple of kids before the egg timer dings? Come-the-fvck-on. :roll:

Let me de-cloak and go hunting for NAWALT. :lol:
Yeah, I'm afraid you're probably right.

I almost feel guilty reading about this, knowing that the only relief I get is knowing that there isn't a psycho killer, running around the Boston suburbs, slashing ppl at random.

Otherwise, this just seems like the story of our times.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

I saw something like this once, but with severe beatings from a formerly nice guy instead of murder. He just couldnt handle that his whole life was set, no more kids, no more working 60+ hour weeks, then... Surprise twins. Maybe this guy or his wife just sort of lost it. Maybe he didn't want the kids and he was pushing for an abortion, but she didnt agree. A big life change like that can really f**k a relationship up. It's mire sad than anything, a depressing side effect of living in a country where kids are so expensive you pretty much have to become a corporate slave to afford raising them.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

HouseMD wrote:I saw something like this once, but with severe beatings from a formerly nice guy instead of murder. He just couldnt handle that his whole life was set, no more kids, no more working 60+ hour weeks, then... Surprise twins.

It's mire sad than anything, a depressing side effect of living in a country where kids are so expensive you pretty much have to become a corporate slave to afford raising them.
I just spoke with someone I knew, who's living in that neighborhood. This is the area where Arlington Heights adjoins Lexington & Winchester. And basically, no one ever gets killed there so it's quite the sensation.

Her impression of the guy, since she'd seen him pushing the strollers in the park nearby, some months back, was that he was clearly not looking well and on edge, as if he were facing some serious issues in his life.

Her guess was financial but then again, it didn't appear to be a whole lot different than many of the other guys, pushing strollers in the same area. I guess out of a dozen or so stressed out guys, one finally loses it.

AB discussion thread

blueeyescanada
Freshman Poster

Post by blueeyescanada »

This happens surprisingly often in Canada, and not too long ago in my neighbourhood.
Instead of flipping out, guys have got to learn to accept the new life forced upon them.
Don't give her any more than what she deserves by law (some guys play Mr. Nice Guy and
forfeit part or all of their share). You don't "give her the house", you give her her half
of the house, whether that means forcing a sale of the property and splitting the proceeds,
or her buying out your share.
I'm lucky; my ex was sensible and just wanted to get things done quickly and cheaply, once
we agreed on a settlement.
Although I must say, I'm glad I don't own guns; a few times I was blackout drunk and angry as
hell and anything could have happened in "one of my drunken stupors" (to quote Toronto's mayor,
God love him).
My divorce therapy will be Thailand as soon as I can.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

We have posted hundreds of such articles......seems that women would rather be murdered with their kids to maintain the privilege of committing crimes against men rather than be held accountable for their crimes.

I now just ask this question.....funnily enough...not many women want to answer it.

"How many dead women and children is it going to take for men to be given the protection of the law?"

http://www.crimesagainstfathers.com/For ... fault.aspx
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:"How many dead women and children is it going to take for men to be given the protection of the law?"
I'm not seeing anyone in my area thinking of the above.

The thought process is the most ppl sympathize with the dead infants and mother. And then, there's a sense that the perpetrator was a lost soul who'd snapped, as a result of having a history of substance abuse.

And I also believe a part of that is that ppl don't want to hear about grizzly murder-suicides in the greater Winchester-Lexington nexus, as many hard working couples are attempting to buy overpriced homes and settle down in towns like that & don't want to believe that they too, could be a victim of a horrible family breakdown.

In the end, to answer your question, it would take millions. And then, instead of giving protection to men, it'll be easier for wives or kids, to get the father of the household, incarcerated, as soon as he's picked up for his first misdemeanor like drinking under the influence of alcohol. High speed computers and automated search databases will enable police to profile men a lot easier in only a few short years. Thus, the breakup of the family unit will happen at an even faster rate, than earlier. The local police will in effect, be the gestapo agents for the protection of women & children, against the grown men in their lives. My only protection from my perceived future is that in my profile, it'll show a single straight white guy, dating a white lesbian... pretty safe by all standards.

AB discussion thread

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

S_Parc wrote: instead of giving protection to men, it'll be easier for wives or kids, to get the father of the household, incarcerated, as soon as he's picked up for his first misdemeanor like drinking under the influence of alcohol. High speed computers and automated search databases will enable police to profile men a lot easier in only a few short years. Thus, the breakup of the family unit will happen at an even faster rate, than earlier. The local police will in effect, be the gestapo agents for the protection of women & children, against the grown men in their lives. My only protection from my perceived future is that in my profile, it'll show a single straight white guy, dating a white lesbian... pretty safe by all standards.
One of the earlier versions of what became ObamaCare included asking about the patient's gun ownership.
не поглеждай назад. 8)