Freelance SEO writing, my story...

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Good Definition of Article Rewriting Vs Article Spinning

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Amazing tool for analyzing a site's SEO+keywords

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Re: 20 yr old

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Re: It's Coming Together

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Post by GenYguy »

The_Adventurer wrote:Many months ago I claimed I was done with this board, but this is exactly the kind of thread HA needs. I remember seeing recently thread where someone was parroting the usual, you need $40K saved up and have some property to rent out before you head abroad. They spoke of how foolish it would be to have a couple grand in your pocket and just do it. Well, that's exactly what I did. I am still here, abroad, over five years later, living a great life.

I was inspired by someone who sold all they owned, had $2K in their pocket and took off to the Phils. I did the same thing, but with only $1400 after buying a laptop. I started out doing exactly what GenYguy is doing. Writing for $30 per article may sound cheap, and it is if you have written for magazines making $500 per article before, but if you write 1-2 cheap articles per day you are making more than enough to live great in the Phils. That's how I started, writing cheap articles by day and partying it up by night.

GenYguy made it clear. If he can do it, anyone can do it. If you really want to get out, first you need to get out of the Matrix! All this talk about jobs skills, college, marketability etc. is fine if you want to stay in the US and work for the man until you're old. If you really want to get out, try something different. I knew a guy making money with a website about CEMENT. The net is vast and infinite.
QFT :)
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

SEO Article Inspiration

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

GenYguy wrote:
navigator wrote:
GenYguy wrote:Starting from nothing, I am now making money in the hundreds of dollars.. If I was living in the Philippines now I could be supporting myself from SEO writing. It's unbelievable how relatively quickly this happened. Anyone that's on the fence, just do it. If I can do it, anyone can do it.
Good work. Your story is very inspiring. You are obviously very driven and determined to put in the necessary work to make things happen. What makes this thread especially interesting is that readers can follow your progress from the very beginning. A lot of readers, myself included, can relate to your situation when you first created this thread. They can see how much progress you've made and might be inspired to give a try themselves.

Although I will be taking a different path overseas, I am also keeping a record of my progress in my blog (which I will make public a few months after living overseas). Readers could then see how far I've come and hopefully will be inspired.

Good luck with your endeavor!
Thank you. Yes I was driven to send out those 300 or so emails I sent out because I had faith that it was a numbers game and I would see SOME results. Now the "work" part, writing the articles, is fun for me. It's fun because I like writing/learning new information (and the best way to learn something is to teach it) and also because I know I'm doing a job that people working minimum wage jobs would kill to have. It sure beats working at McDonalds flipping burgers. I can work whenever I want, which contributes to the "fun" factor. Yeah, the progress has definitely been fast. Didn't have to work for ANY qualifications, which I heard even teaching English online there are some you should have. Anyone in the US who's a native English speaker with a high school education and did alright in English class can write articles lol. I hope people do give it a try, honestly this has got to be the easiest job ever. No sending out applications, just send out tons of emails, your email is your "application" and your website is your "resume" lol. You get more than one client and you aren't reliant on anyone, only your own capabilities to negotiate and find more work.

I'm happy to hear you're starting a blog, so will I! What's your path, when will you be moving overseas?
SEO writing is something I might consider if my current path (becoming an English teacher overseas) doesn't work out. My biggest concern is that I have trouble writing about subjects for which I have little passion. The final product would be a half-hearted effort compared to articles I could write on travel, history, politics, economics, and other topics that are more interesting to me.

Assuming everything goes as planned, I will be leaving the U.S. in the first half of 2014. I will also be doing some traveling outside of the country between now and then.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

That's a healthy way of approaching it. Back in high school (over ten years ago, which will give you some idea of how old I am), I was on the school's debate team. During our meets, I would be assigned random topics to debate. Some topics were completely unfamiliar to me at the time. I would be given time beforehand to conduct research and make preparations. By the sounds of things, that experience might come in handy if I were to become an SEO writer.

Latin America is my target, but I would be willing to start in Asia (in a country like South Korea or China, where there are a lot more English teaching jobs posted) to gain experience and also determine whether I would enjoy (or at least tolerate) teaching English overseas.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Here's another question -- what kind of longevity do you think there is with SEO writing? Is it something that will still have a market and be relevant in 20 years? Theoretically being able to make at least a basic long-term living abroad by doing this alone?
Out in the world living the dream!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

20 years is an awfully long time for anything computers and technology related. 20 years AGO the internet was hardly useful for the average person. There was no such thing as broadband and SEO didn't even exist.

WRITING, however, has been around for a very long time. The skills gained from SEO writing, and branching out into other areas as GenYguy described will surely be useful in some form or another for decades.

s
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Well it's been a while...

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Post by GenYguy »

(Deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

manly5000 wrote:Hey DJ -- do you think there is as much of a demand for English teachers in Brasil as there is in China? Like, if you have a CELTA, you're pretty much guaranteed to find a decent gig somewhere?

I'd love to see what life is like in a small Brasilian town somewhere away from the big cities... just don't know how much demand there would be for a teacher nessas cidades mais pouco no pais.

In so many ways Brasil seems like such a vast, untouched country for expats... i'm guessing this is due to its rep about violence and cost of living. Better for those of us who love the country for what it is though, i say!

There just might be a ton of HA members there before you know it tho.... we should arrange a get together lol.

How's your Portuguese coming along?
http://braziliangringo.com/en/ Demand would be just as high as in major cities because elites/rich will want to learn to expand their business relationships.

As Josh has said on is blog, the realization that you need to learn English hasn't hit the average Brazilian yet.

Sure you can teach in China, but the weather in Brazil can't be beat and unless you got a thing for Chinese women, Brazil is much closer to family back in America.

There's a decently sized Japanese population in Sao Paulo as well.