What is Wrong with Men in America???

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

What is Wrong with Men in America???

Post by fightforlove »

Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking. I've realized that I've come to a point where I am apparently on a very different frequency from many of the other males around me. A few examples of what I am talking about:

-I had a conversation recently with an old, close friend. He is still single and dateless at 32yo and still talking as if he holds onto the dream that he'll someday find "The One". I asked him what age range of women he prefers and he replied "28-30, I don't think I'd go under 28." He broke a year plus dateless spell last month when he had a few dates with a 35yo woman. Had a few dates with her, then she stopped answering his calls. He was perplexed, so he said he called his mom for advice. The blue-pilling continues...

-Another one of my friends also only dates women in their 30s (granted he's also early 30s). One of his criteria is that they must have a college degree, many of the women he's gone out with had post-grad degrees.

-My cousin recently got married to a successful career woman; he complained for years when he was single that he couldn't find "financially successful career women".

-A coworker I know recently complained to us at work about a few people questioning his sexuality because of his clothing/appearance. I almost felt like telling him "maybe they wouldn't do you that way if you didn't dress and act like an androgyne" before my HR-mute came on, lol!

-Several of my male friends continue to remain perpetually single with hardly any dates, particularly the crowd that I've met through church.

Now, is it just me? Am I an A-hole?? Or is there something seriously wacked about men in America these days? ? ?
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

I don't know.....
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

What's wrong with American men is that they don't know the true nature of American women which is that AWs are barracudas.

Here's my experience at a public notary, if you want a succinct example.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

There are many men I know...that are like what you described, fightforlove. But whenever I discuss the idea of foreign females or traveling/moving overseas, they either get a blank stares in their faces, accuse me of supporting mail-order brides, or call me weird and 'anti-American.'
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

America's values have totally corrupted the world. What I notice with Chinese women nowadays is that they have also begun to play mind games and the oh-so-dreaded "friend zone". What I worry is that one day everywhere in the world will become like USA/Canada/UK. Time is running out!
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

Bao3niang wrote:America's values have totally corrupted the world. What I notice with Chinese women nowadays is that they have also begun to play mind games and the oh-so-dreaded "friend zone". What I worry is that one day everywhere in the world will become like USA/Canada/UK. Time is running out!
Yes friendzones were commonly employed by women who have been influenced by America's values, if you could only say it that way. But friendzoning could only happen when the guys around the women act like beta orbiters in a bid to win their affection. Again, this is a Western-like trait with men acting passive-aggressive and wishy-washy rather than going after what they really want - and moving on quickly when they notice disinterest in the woman's part.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I got put in the friend zone after my ex told me she would marry me.

So...don't count it as a victory even after you've passed the "friend" zone, it can suck you back in.

Don't don't call me a beta, I'm fit, know what I want and say it, I kissed my ex on the first day, and it wasn't even a date.

That's not my normal game plan, but I had a very short amount of time left "3 days" to make something happen.

But I hardly would call my self a American asshole "Alpha" sure you'll get laid, but you wont be happy if your objective is to get married.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Bao3niang wrote:America's values have totally corrupted the world. What I notice with Chinese women nowadays is that they have also begun to play mind games and the oh-so-dreaded "friend zone". What I worry is that one day everywhere in the world will become like USA/Canada/UK. Time is running out!
You are very astute. This is exactly what is happening all around the world in places where traditionally the women have been labeled "nicer, more feminine" by decent men. As feminism spreads, these places will no longer be seen the bastions of positive female behavior that they once were. Your only choices at that point are to:

1) Ghost or GYOW
2) Change who you are at the core to become a sleaze ball PUA "alpha"
3) Fight an uphill battle trying to change minds and change society
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 14th, 2020, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Ghost wrote:They are corrupted along with the women. My American male friends were largely like me in that they were dateless and sexless in America. But there's the concept of sexual bravado that makes even them act like they are studs. It's absurd and everybody sees through it, but they do it anyway because it is socially unacceptable to admit that you are a virgin or can't get girls. I was often honest will male friends that I was like I was, but still, they would not tell the truth.

American guys will do anything for a whiff of p***y or even just a nice word from an AW. ANYTHING. I don't think I could have made it into my 30s and still be dateless. I would have killed myself long before that.

All I know is that at this point, I don't care about trying to expose the truth to American guys. They either wont believe me or will shame me as if I've done something wrong. And they sure as hell wouldn't ever do anything to truly help themselves. But knowing how most American guys are...I would never want them to leave the States anyway.
Bolded for emphasis. I completely agree. When I was in Asia, Japan in particular, American men would make absolute, utter fools of themselves posturing and trying to act all "alpha" in front of the local women. It dampened the mood whenever I was out with women and some douchebag alpha wannabe started pulling his ridiculous canned routines. Fortunately, the girls didn't fall for it, they actually seemed to feel sorry for them. However, this was way back in 2001-2002, and Japan has since become a dating abyss, on par with the Anglosphere.

Regardless, when you're in Asia, hilarity and pity usually ensue 9 times out of 10 when a group of desperate try hard Westerners come 'round.

Their lechery and desperation also give the few good American men a bad name internationally. Those rotten apples certainly do spoil the bunch. This is a big part of the reason, along with feminism, why many foreign women are not as receptive and open as they once were. I agree that I wouldn't want these "men" leaving the states.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

I also have a few friends who are into PUA and/or have the whole alpha-bad boy-wannabe thug schtick going on. One of my college buddies became so pompous I had to stop hanging out with him; we still talk on the phone occasionally, but he's so full of sh1t it's painful to even listen to him.

I've mentioned my value of traditional/natural gender roles, my general preference for women who are a bit younger than me (I'm 32yo and my primary targets are mid-20s), my desire to date around and study women as well as my curiosity for international dating. Whenever I've brought these things up to family/friends, I've been told that I'm immature, a loser, or a racist, or my standards are too high, etc, etc. :D
Maverick
Junior Poster

Re: What is Wrong with Men in America???

Post by Maverick »

fightforlove wrote:Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking. I've realized that I've come to a point where I am apparently on a very different frequency from many of the other males around me. A few examples of what I am talking about:

-I had a conversation recently with an old, close friend. He is still single and dateless at 32yo and still talking as if he holds onto the dream that he'll someday find "The One". I asked him what age range of women he prefers and he replied "28-30, I don't think I'd go under 28." He broke a year plus dateless spell last month when he had a few dates with a 35yo woman. Had a few dates with her, then she stopped answering his calls. He was perplexed, so he said he called his mom for advice. The blue-pilling continues...

-Another one of my friends also only dates women in their 30s (granted he's also early 30s). One of his criteria is that they must have a college degree, many of the women he's gone out with had post-grad degrees.

-My cousin recently got married to a successful career woman; he complained for years when he was single that he couldn't find "financially successful career women".

-A coworker I know recently complained to us at work about a few people questioning his sexuality because of his clothing/appearance. I almost felt like telling him "maybe they wouldn't do you that way if you didn't dress and act like an androgyne" before my HR-mute came on, lol!

-Several of my male friends continue to remain perpetually single with hardly any dates, particularly the crowd that I've met through church.

Now, is it just me? Am I an A-hole?? Or is there something seriously wacked about men in America these days? ? ?
Seems like we run with different crowds because I can't think of one person I know like this.

Everyone I know is either married or intentionally single (either because they have been hurt, don't try, or simply like being single).

I still have a habit of asking my mom for dating advice at times, which is never a good idea lol.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

zboy1 wrote:There are many men I know...that are like what you described, fightforlove. But whenever I discuss the idea of foreign females or traveling/moving overseas, they either get a blank stares in their faces, accuse me of supporting mail-order brides, or call me weird and 'anti-American.'
I've mentioned by desire for possibly looking overseas to many people. Even women that I know understand my thinking. Interesting at the different responses we get.

The only people that have ever given be sh*t about it are either hardcore PUA guys or hardcore feminists (I rarely surround myself with either....so it doesn't come up often).
navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

Maverick wrote:The only people that have ever given be sh*t about it are either hardcore PUA guys or hardcore feminists (I rarely surround myself with either....so it doesn't come up often).
I've had the same experience.

Does anyone have a logical explanation as to why a hardcore PUA type would want to belittle men who prefer foreign women? You would think they would welcome less competition for domestic women. Are these men so insecure about their own preferences that they feel the need to attack any man whose preferences deviate from the cultural norm (of chasing low-quality American women)? Are they too poor, afraid, or unambitious to go overseas and therefore feel the need to shame any man who has actually ventured outside of the U.S. and Canada? Are they complete sociopaths who don't want to see other men happy with higher-quality women overseas? Or is there some other reason? It is really perplexing to me.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
- Voltaire
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

navigator wrote:
Maverick wrote:The only people that have ever given be sh*t about it are either hardcore PUA guys or hardcore feminists (I rarely surround myself with either....so it doesn't come up often).
I've had the same experience.

Does anyone have a logical explanation as to why a hardcore PUA type would want to belittle men who prefer foreign women? You would think they would welcome less competition for domestic women. Are these men so insecure about their own preferences that they feel the need to attack any man whose preferences deviate from the cultural norm (of chasing low-quality American women)? Are they too poor, afraid, or unambitious to go overseas and therefore feel the need to shame any man who has actually ventured outside of the U.S. and Canada? Are they complete sociopaths who don't want to see other men happy with higher-quality women overseas? Or is there some other reason? It is really perplexing to me.
I used to be a hardcore PUA guy. Yes, they are incredibly insecure. They don't understand that most American women are low quality because they don't attempt to date foreign women. Most are also young (late teens to early 20s) and are in college. They know nothing about life. The older ones tend to either be selling products or are heavily seeking validation from the younger guys.

Most PUA guys are poor. They lead meaningless lives, which is why they spend their time justifying their existence by chasing equally shallow and useless women and "improving their skills".

They don't realize that what they are doing is the ultimate form of beta supplication: changing their entire core personality and character just to attract women (under the guise of "self improvement").