Should I read a Roosh V or some other PUA book?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Should I read a Roosh V or some other PUA book?

Post by fightforlove »

I've wanted to add some moxy to my verbal game. Recently I've gone on dates and realized that I've had a hard time creating the more witty/random banter that creates energy/attraction. I'm naturally introverted, have a bit of a dark sense of humor, good at "comfort conversation", but it's hard for me to really break the ice and escalate attraction on those 1st/2nd/3rd dates. I tried reading the "Art of Conversation" (Cathyrn Blithe), but didn't get much out of it, too wordy and too oriented towards general neutral convo. Would reading a PUA book help? I'm not much into PUA since most of it is pretty retarded imo, but I've read some articles by Roosh V and the guy sounds interesting. Does he have a good vibe on dating psychology and talking to women?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

A few years ago I read the book, "The Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women Into Bed" written by PUA artists "Mystery." He actually made quite a few important points in the book and explained things from an evolutionary perspective. I have read (online) a lot of things that David Deangelo has written regarding how men and women think and behave.

Here is a good book to read regarding body language, "Body Language Secrets: A Guide During Courtship & Dating" it is written by Don Steele. He explains exactly how men and women communicate with each other subconsciously through body language and gives lot's of tips on how to read body language and what kind of body language you need to show in order to communicate your interest in someone.

Both books are available on Amazon.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I read lots of Mystery stuff, but the best book is probably "The Game" by Neil Strauss. It also gives you a total history that you should NOT repeat and also explains in the end why PUA is an artificial crap to lure skanks in its essence. Also explains that genuine women are hard to find and how bad American women became that there is a basic PUA manual you have to follow in order to f**k them. In other countries you can be honest, sincere and open, no one even cares or needs PUA.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

That's the thing. Why would anyone on this board be interested in PUA. It serves no purpose outside the USA. It's like learning the difficult techniques of catching sharks when you could just move to a place where any child can pull fish from the river with their bare hands.

You could be any type of guy abroad and you can find someone to truly love you. I am always seeing some article about a guy who is in his 50's, overweight and has Aspergers, but he has a beautiful 25 year old Asian wife who takes care of him. She is not some magazine model where you look at the photo of the couple and think she is after his pension. She is likely just a average to cute girl locally, who is gorgeous to an outside, who likes the guy because he treats her so well.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

jamesbond wrote:A few years ago I read the book, "The Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women Into Bed" written by PUA artists "Mystery." He actually made quite a few important points in the book and explained things from an evolutionary perspective. I have read (online) a lot of things that David Deangelo has written regarding how men and women think and behave.

Here is a good book to read regarding body language, "Body Language Secrets: A Guide During Courtship & Dating" it is written by Don Steele. He explains exactly how men and women communicate with each other subconsciously through body language and gives lot's of tips on how to read body language and what kind of body language you need to show in order to communicate your interest in someone.

Both books are available on Amazon.

http://nicvb.org.vn/ebook/Nghe%20thuat% ... ecrets.pdf

"Females of every single species of mammal, except
one, refuse to mate with non-aggressive males. That
species is our own, homo sapiens. However, the
aberration is rare. Females who will only mate with
passive males cannot exist in nature any more than
passive males can. Both are unnatural.
NOTE 2
Men, you must be aggressive to get things underway.
Then you have to slow down and court her.
Just be your silly old self and have fun with her until
she is persuaded. How do you know that you are
persuading her? Be aware of her body language"

it seems that nice guys lack aggressiveness according to this book
it might not work for awkward ugly out of shape guys, you need some looks
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

have2fly wrote:I read lots of Mystery stuff, but the best book is probably "The Game" by Neil Strauss. It also gives you a total history that you should NOT repeat and also explains in the end why PUA is an artificial crap to lure skanks in its essence. Also explains that genuine women are hard to find and how bad American women became that there is a basic PUA manual you have to follow in order to f**k them. In other countries you can be honest, sincere and open, no one even cares or needs PUA.
That's what I notice also. I am currently talking online with a Chinese woman and the conversation is much more natural and I don't have to work as hard to keep her interested. I have to work extremely hard with American girls to keep them interested. Sometimes it just feels like I'm not cut-out for the way people date/sex/relationship in America. I've watched seminars by David DeAngelo and Mystery, most of this stuff is weird to say the least, but they do seem to have a grasp on dating psychology. I like Roosh for his bluntness about feminism, american culture, etc.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Banano wrote:
http://nicvb.org.vn/ebook/Nghe%20thuat% ... ecrets.pdf

"Females of every single species of mammal, except
one, refuse to mate with non-aggressive males. That
species is our own, homo sapiens. However, the
aberration is rare. Females who will only mate with
passive males cannot exist in nature any more than
passive males can. Both are unnatural.
NOTE 2
Men, you must be aggressive to get things underway.
Then you have to slow down and court her.
Just be your silly old self and have fun with her until
she is persuaded. How do you know that you are
persuading her? Be aware of her body language"

it seems that nice guys lack aggressiveness according to this book
it might not work for awkward ugly out of shape guys, you need some looks
The problem with this kind of thinking is that in nature, male animals are aggressive about things like hunting and defending their territory. They do great and the women come to them. It doesn't translate 100% into human relations.

I say be aggressive about your work and building your life goals. Create a life and women will want to be a part of it. Learning from some book how to be "aggressive" about women, while your life is not in order, will get you nowhere. Be something, and you will not have to worry about chasing women.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fightforlove wrote:
have2fly wrote:I read lots of Mystery stuff, but the best book is probably "The Game" by Neil Strauss. It also gives you a total history that you should NOT repeat and also explains in the end why PUA is an artificial crap to lure skanks in its essence. Also explains that genuine women are hard to find and how bad American women became that there is a basic PUA manual you have to follow in order to f**k them. In other countries you can be honest, sincere and open, no one even cares or needs PUA.
That's what I notice also. I am currently talking online with a Chinese woman and the conversation is much more natural and I don't have to work as hard to keep her interested. I have to work extremely hard with American girls to keep them interested. Sometimes it just feels like I'm not cut-out for the way people date/sex/relationship in America. I've watched seminars by David DeAngelo and Mystery, most of this stuff is weird to say the least, but they do seem to have a grasp on dating psychology. I like Roosh for his bluntness about feminism, American culture, etc.
So true. The problems with PUA are:

1) It treats women like they can be put into formulas and manipulated as such. Not true. Anyone with real experience in human relations knows that that's not true. Therefore, sadly enough, PUA gurus probably have no real life experience in human relations with females, contrary to their claims, unless they are lying.

2) The stories and conversations in PUA literature look fake, fictional and rehearsed. Real conversations with women don't flow like that. The testimonials also look unauthentic and unnatural. Some of David DeAngelo's insiders have confessed that his testimonials were all faked.

3) PUA teaches you to act in ways that aren't really you. It tries to get you to be something you're not. That makes you look fake and it shows.

4) PUA doesn't work because if she's not already attracted to you, no amount of technique will change that. If she is already attracted to you, then you don't need PUA anyway. You just need to talk to her and escalate things naturally. Even in the movies, when men pickup women, they do not use PUA.

5) PUA tries to scam its followers out of thousands of dollars through PUA bootcamps which cost at least a thousand dollars. At these bootcamps, the guru hires a woman to work on, which is all staged.

6) PUA gurus never use a hidden cam to show that they can go anywhere to any nightclub and pick up girls as they claim. If they cold approach women with a hidden cam, and show that they get rejected, they will lose credibility. So they never do it. This speaks volumes.

7) I've never known anyone in real life whose dating life turned around by using PUA. The results of PUA seem to all be in fictional stories full of hype and bullshit.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

From the 50+ dates I've been on now, I notice that if I don't like the woman then my brain can't really be bothered to think of things to talk about.

So don't worry - if she's worth it, you'll have no problem finding things to talk about.

Roosh's books do have some good stuff in them though. I'm not so much into the game stuff, but he does have some good observations about how to behave around women, and the signs of whether she's a keeper.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

Winston wrote:
fightforlove wrote:
That's what I notice also. I am currently talking online with a Chinese woman and the conversation is much more natural and I don't have to work as hard to keep her interested. I have to work extremely hard with American girls to keep them interested. Sometimes it just feels like I'm not cut-out for the way people date/sex/relationship in America. I've watched seminars by David DeAngelo and Mystery, most of this stuff is weird to say the least, but they do seem to have a grasp on dating psychology. I like Roosh for his bluntness about feminism, American culture, etc.
So true. The problems with PUA are:

1) It treats women like they can be put into formulas and manipulated as such. Not true. Anyone with real experience in human relations knows that that's not true. Therefore, sadly enough, PUA gurus probably have no real life experience in human relations with females, contrary to their claims, unless they are lying.

2) The stories and conversations in PUA literature look fake, fictional and rehearsed. Real conversations with women don't flow like that. The testimonials also look unauthentic and unnatural. Some of David DeAngelo's insiders have confessed that his testimonials were all faked.

3) PUA teaches you to act in ways that aren't really you. It tries to get you to be something you're not. That makes you look fake and it shows.

4) PUA doesn't work because if she's not already attracted to you, no amount of technique will change that. If she is already attracted to you, then you don't need PUA anyway. You just need to talk to her and escalate things naturally. Even in the movies, when men pickup women, they do not use PUA.

5) PUA tries to scam its followers out of thousands of dollars through PUA bootcamps which cost at least a thousand dollars. At these bootcamps, the guru hires a woman to work on, which is all staged.

6) PUA gurus never use a hidden cam to show that they can go anywhere to any nightclub and pick up girls as they claim. If they cold approach women with a hidden cam, and show that they get rejected, they will lose credibility. So they never do it. This speaks volumes.

7) I've never known anyone in real life whose dating life turned around by using PUA. The results of PUA seem to all be in fictional stories full of hype and bullshit.
While agree with much of what you said, you seem to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

My biggest issue with PUA is that it sometimes teaches men to manipulate and lie to women to simply get in their pants and discard them. Thats the difference between a player and a lover. But, we ALL use some PUA techniques...or we'd fail at getting women. I have studied date coaching AND PUA...took a little from both and added a lot from my sales experience. My life and dating changed dramatically.

There are patterns among women...variables of course in different parts of the world and cultures. There are also biological patterns and facts in the mate selection process that cannot be ignored. MHC is a huge thing to consider for men seeking a mate - literal chemistry. We all must play the game..even after we're married. The game never ends. The game is showing your value in all things in life...especially our marriages. This is for both men and women. Even after 10 yrs of marriage...she needs to be enticed and seduced and made to feel special. Failure to do so could be catastrophic...

Rules of the Game is the best "date coaching" book out there. Its honest and respectful toward women and for the most part, down to earth and no BS. Always keep in mind that there's a big difference between date coaching and PUA....
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Yes, go read Roosh book.

You can download the PDF on torrent sites.

Don't expect it to change your life.
Expect a 10% boost if you read it carefully and put in lots and lots of practice.

Note that the key thing is practice, and the book just guides a bit.

Overall, a combination of practice and finding a good country for dating will get you to success.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

When I was in Ireland, i asked random women on the street dating protocol questions. I recently looked at the video from 2 months ago.

Fact is, I have polled over 1000 women whether online or in person about such dating protocols. This, on a worldwide scale...

The top 5 attraction key points all showed to be:

1. Confidence - relaxed and natural and in control appearance
2. Being fun and funny
3. Being witty and intelligent
4. Bold or daring
5. Smelling good

These are patterns on a worldwide scale because they are hardwired into a woman's DNA. Understanding and executing these personality traits are taught by the evil PUAs and date coaches. How many of you have tried to engage a woman with no gum or candy and possible smelly breath? How many of you have acted desperate or needy towards a woman and had her walk away?

These are all simple key personality traits and behaviors that can help you with women....anywhere in the world. And yes...taught by PUAs and date coaches...
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Enticer wrote: Fact is, I have polled over 1000 women whether online or in person about such dating protocols. This, on a worldwide scale...

The top 5 attraction key points all showed to be:

1. Confidence - relaxed and natural and in control appearance
2. Being fun and funny
3. Being witty and intelligent
4. Bold or daring
5. Smelling good
This looks good to me, but was PHYSICAL ATTRACTION not part of this poll? With men, Physical Attraction would be #1 overall...easily. While that might not be the same with women worldwide, I'd think it would be somewhere in the top 5.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

The_Adventurer wrote:
I say be aggressive about your work and building your life goals. Create a life and women will want to be a part of it. Learning from some book how to be "aggressive" about women, while your life is not in order, will get you nowhere. Be something, and you will not have to worry about chasing women.

^^^THIS
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

What Adventurer said is true.

The problem is, what do you do when you've waited your youth and accomplished nothing...and even then if you could accumulate wealth and skills at what point is it enough....

In truth it really proves why the handsome and rich get the best women, they've accomplished one way or another, it isn't necessarily because they're jerks like everyone likes to stereotype.

I'll just be looking for a big age gap by the time I'm 35 and have something then :D