Dealing with the heat in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Dealing with the heat in the Philippines

Post by Hero »

If you ask me, the only thing that keeps Cebu from being paradise is the heat and humidity (though you guys with more experience in the Philippines may know a million other reasons why it's not Heaven :lol:) Once I was on date with a girl, and I was sweating so much that she had to send me back to my hotel to change my shirt :oops: So, does anyone have any tips for keeping cool? Should one go outside only in the evening? Or do you get used to the heat eventually?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Heat? You spend a few years in Saudi and you will be freezing in the Philippines. Stay for a year in Jeddah or Dammam. I stayed in Jeddah for 4 years. I no longer complain of the Philippine "heat".
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It's simple. When it's hot, you stay inside the malls where there's air conditioning. If you want to go do outdoor activities, wait til the late afternoon, then go out. That's what most people do, if they have a choice that is.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

The better shape you are in the less you will sweat for the most part. I am not overweight or have too much fat on me but I do notice that heavier people sweat more than thinner ones. Also your body gets used to the heat after a couple weeks and you won't sweat as much. if you use a fan at home instead of AC then your body will get used to the temp even more so. I only sweat when I am doing strenuous walking or some other activity in the sun or in an enclosed space with no air circulating.

But I do agree with Ladislav, the middle east is the hottest place I've even been in as there is extreme sun heat and high humidity. I've lived in the tropics which usually doesn't get higher than mid 90's with high humidity. I've lived in the Phoenix area where temps are over 100 degrees easily but its not as bad cause there is no humidity. The middle east is just the worst weather in regards to unbearable heat to have to live in.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isn't the Middle East usually desert though? How can deserts have high humidity?

Why were you in the Middle East Mr. S?

Has anyone here ever been to Egypt? What is it like there?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I was in the Navy when I was younger and we had a couple of cruises in that area. I don't know why it's so humid there, but it is. Perhaps it's the weather patterns in that region of the world.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
adam917
Freshman Poster

Post by adam917 »

I thought India in May or so is the worst as it is 50 °C (122 °F) and humid on top of that.