War between Black Americans, feels like a Catch 22

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

War between Black Americans, feels like a Catch 22

Post by Mr.Darcy »

There's mainly two types of black Americans in the USA.

1) The ones that follow the media image/pro black agenda. These seem to be the majority of blacks in America.

2) The minorities are the ones that are called oreos, white, and etc. I grew up in a wealthy white suburb, so I was placed in this category. Usually the black people in this category are seclusive nerds or the black guys that hang around the top tier white guys in the social ladder.

I feel like I cannot get a long with most black people because the black people in the 1) category automatically turn hateful and aggressive as soon as I speak to them. If you do not act like or talk like they do than they will automatically hate you from the get go. In 2), it is mainly a competitive nature. Obviously you cannot hang around the nerds because they are seclusive, but the ones in my category are a different story. No black guy wants to lose his token black guy throne in the cool crowd, so we are either hostile or competitive towards each other. I have friendly small talk with some of them, but that is as far as it goes.
jasonstone
Freshman Poster

Re: War between black americans, feels like a catch 22

Post by jasonstone »

Mr.Darcy wrote:There's mainly two types of black americans in the USA.

1) The ones that follow the media image/pro black agenda. These seem to be the majority of blacks in America.

2) The minorities are the ones that are called oreos, white, and etc. I grew up in a wealthy white suburb, so I was placed in this category. Usually the black people in this category are seclusive nerds or the black guys that hang around the top tier white guys in the social ladder.

I feel like I cannot get a long with most black people because the black people in the 1) category automatically turn hateful and aggressive as soon as I speak to them. If you do not act like or talk like they do than they will automatically hate you from the get go. In 2), it is mainly a competitive nature. Obviously you cannot hang around the nerds because they are seclusive, but the ones in my category are a different story. No black guy wants to lose his token black guy throne in the cool crowd, so we are either hostile or competitive towards each other. I have friendly small talk with some of them, but that is as far as it goes.
Yep but blame the dominant society for putting us into those two extreme boxes. When we are young we sometimes have to straddle that thin line , otherwise you get typecasted. When you get older you develop you own style and could give 2 sh i tz about what other black folks - or peoplein general think of you. Funny thing is when (or if) you reach that point you get respect from everybody.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: War between black americans, feels like a catch 22

Post by Teal Lantern »

Mr.Darcy wrote:There's mainly two types of black americans in the USA.

So how's that "media image/pro black" thing working out for them?
Mr.Darcy wrote:2) The minorities are the ones that are called oreos, white, and etc. I grew up in a wealthy white suburb, so I was placed in this category. Usually the black people in this category are seclusive nerds or the black guys that hang around the top tier white guys in the social ladder.

Unless "token black guy" is a paid position, preferably with stock options :razz:, I'm not interested.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I was actually shocked that there is racism of Blacks towards Blacks in America. For me being an immigrant that was totally unexpected. I would think any Black would strive to become cultured person, but other Blacks drag him down with them. It is really freaking sad.

There is another category, 3) African immigrants who are neither. They are mostly great people, down to Earth, hard working, cook well and have culture from their home land. Some African immigrants that I met were amazing to talk to, cracked funny jokes, did not get offended with racial jokes, they would also hate ghetto American culture and did not care about color of my skin (I am white).

I wish more Black Americans would be that way. Simple, easy going, friendly, funny and spirited. I just can't stand ghetto trash and cesspool culture that goes along with it.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I don't like native Africans regardless. They're more cultured and have some f***ing manners. But then they go on about religion and all kinds of Alice Walker type shit. Euros aren't much better in this respect.

The urge to tell them that they are still worthless garbage and their lives will never get any better unless they stop being victims, drop their balls and help their brightest, most sacred children(instead they kill and rape them, dumb f***s), is all too strong.

And don't get me started about the n***ers at home. Let's just say that if every chocolate maggot around here got rounded up and executed TODAY, that'd be just fine with me.

That's your war. Then western life would go on a brighter path, as it should.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: War between Black Americans, feels like a Catch 22

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Mr.Darcy wrote:There's mainly two types of black Americans in the USA.

I was going to make a post about this, but decided against it. Mr.Darcy, you're 100% spot on. As a black man myself who is not the stereotypical black man, I have found that black guys like me will live a very lonely life here in America because there is no place for a black man who is not a thug, rapper (real or fake), "hustler", a rich pro athlete, or in general, a black man that is void of "swag" as they say now days.

Personally, I COULD hang around black guys as I'm not afraid to muscle my way into em, and have done so before. But what's the point??! Few of them are going anywhere and I can't stand to be around them because all they want to do is chase women around, smoke, drink, and talk about sports. I grew up around these guys and my uncle was a stone cold player but I chose to turn my back on that life because it's unproductive.

Guys like me are around though, we're just really rare. I actually had the pleasure of meeting a black man the other day who happens to work a day job but after work he's a REAL artist (oil paintings that go for 3k), he also traveled out of the country.

Anyhow, lately I have been listing to an American black guy named Dedan Tolbert. His radio show is prety good and he's one of those rare type of black guys. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dedantolbert
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The black class divide is just like to white class divide. Lower class whites get rejected and disrespected by affluent whites all the time.

The difference is with whites, the affluent ones dominate their agenda. With blacks, the ghettoized ones dominate their agenda.
Grandlovie
Freshman Poster

Post by Grandlovie »

Yes...I agree with this..but I don't think it's a war it's...honestly just ignorance. But, yes I have been called an oreo, I get the oh why are you acting like a white girl? Because I dress different and love trippy psychedelic rock, electronic and techno y'know music OTHER than Hip Hop. And now that I lived in Korea(stayed for 2 years and WANT to go back) it's even worse ESPECIALLY amongst males. I get bashed just for finding some Asian guys attractive even though all of them find Asian Women attractive which of course, is ironic.

And even though the women in my family mean zero harm they do this thing of...like let's say an Asian guy passes by they will ask me ALWAYS do you find HIM attractive? It's very irritating. The good thing though is I made them put Asian Men on their radar.
Grandlovie
Freshman Poster

Post by Grandlovie »

have2fly wrote:I was actually shocked that there is racism of Blacks towards Blacks in America. For me being an immigrant that was totally unexpected. I would think any Black would strive to become cultured person, but other Blacks drag him down with them. It is really freaking sad.

There is another category, 3) African immigrants who are neither. They are mostly great people, down to Earth, hard working, cook well and have culture from their home land. Some African immigrants that I met were amazing to talk to, cracked funny jokes, did not get offended with racial jokes, they would also hate ghetto American culture and did not care about color of my skin (I am white).

I wish more Black Americans would be that way. Simple, easy going, friendly, funny and spirited. I just can't stand ghetto trash and cesspool culture that goes along with it.
Uh.. well while I consider Africans black, they themselves a lot of the time separate themselves, which I don't understand because it's like if it wasn't for us you guys would not be able to get jobs and careers over here. So it's like PLEASE have a little more respect. I personally am very easy going and friendly I kind of am a passive-aggressive person which is why my nickname amongst friends is DM(door mat) though I am working on myself but it's so hard to say no. The South Koreans oddly complain about Africans, but love African Americans I wonder why? In South Korea I met a foreigner who talked about how he had to lie and claim he is Black American because they don't respect Africans over there. Also Indians in India hate Africans, but seem to like African Americans more can you tell me why?

And I also don't like people who are ghetto even though not ALL people who are raised in the ghetto are bad people. I have met many people from Baltimore that are nice people. But I also cannot stand white trash and rednecks either so.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Grandlovie wrote:And even though the women in my family mean zero harm they do this thing of...like let's say an Asian guy passes by they will ask me ALWAYS do you find HIM attractive? It's very irritating. The good thing though is I made them put Asian Men on their radar.
I wish more Black females would do that!--get more of their friends and family interested in Asian men more...hahaha.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

But I also cannot stand white trash and rednecks either so.
I will disagree on this one. While I don't like rednecks and white trash, they don't really care about you "being redneck enough". You can be a redneck and be educated. You can be a redneck and drive a Ferrari. Yes, there are stereotypes about redneck missing front teeth driving a pickup truck listening to country music. OK, I get it. But MOST important - they don't drag you into cesspool culture saying "if you are white - you have to be a redneck", unlike American Blacks who drag other Blacks into their cesspool only because of their skin color.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Grandlovie wrote: Also Indians in India hate Africans, but seem to like African Americans more can you tell me why?
An African in India may be there seeking to make money.
A black American in India is more likely to have brought money with him.
It's less about his
black and more about his green. :mrgreen:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

have2fly wrote:
But I also cannot stand white trash and rednecks either so.
I will disagree on this one. While I don't like rednecks and white trash, they don't really care about you "being redneck enough". You can be a redneck and be educated. You can be a redneck and drive a Ferrari. Yes, there are stereotypes about redneck missing front teeth driving a pickup truck listening to country music. OK, I get it. But MOST important - they don't drag you into cesspool culture saying "if you are white - you have to be a redneck", unlike American Blacks who drag other Blacks into their cesspool only because of their skin color.
100% Fly, if you don't have swag like that wanna be rap nicca then the hawt chicks want nothin to do with you. They only brother you once they got a couple of kids....
Grandlovie
Freshman Poster

Post by Grandlovie »

zboy1 wrote:
Grandlovie wrote:And even though the women in my family mean zero harm they do this thing of...like let's say an Asian guy passes by they will ask me ALWAYS do you find HIM attractive? It's very irritating. The good thing though is I made them put Asian Men on their radar.
I wish more Black females would do that!--get more of their friends and family interested in Asian men more...hahaha.
Right? I do think it's increasing though..very slowly but yeah they seriously are missing out there are some really good looking Asian guys as well as ugly of course, but that goes White guys and Black guys. I wish people would realize that.
Grandlovie
Freshman Poster

Post by Grandlovie »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Grandlovie wrote: Also Indians in India hate Africans, but seem to like African Americans more can you tell me why?
An African in India may be there seeking to make money.
A black American in India is more likely to have brought money with him.
It's less about his
black and more about his green. :mrgreen:
Yeah, I agree. But I think it's like because of the stereotypes Africans have in MANY other countries they shouldn't be so quick to generalize other Blacks. Am I making sense? I mean no one wants to be grouped with others of their race who aren't law abiding citizens.