Mguy and Falcon hit the Manila malls (pics galore!)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:
ladislav wrote:
At the malls, whenever Mguy saw an older white guy with a young Filipina (who almost wouldn't ever be middle-class), he'd shout out, "Monger!" Or, he'd make some weird noises. Hehehe. Razz
Another point- by Philippine law, insulting a person in public is not a civil offense, it's a criminal offense and you can go to jail for that. Be mindful of that before you demean people in public.
Thanks, I wish I knew that sooner. I guess that explains why no one ever gets mad in Philippines.
You're being sarcastic, i take it?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:Falcon and I will continue to carve out our niches. I'd say the Phillies and Thailand offer you possibilities that would be hard (though not impossible) at home.

Today I dated a university student. Kind of weird to date somebody half your age. But this being Bangkok, nobody gave us strange looks. Definitely one of my best dates ever - if not for her turning up wearing that iconic university uniform that is just so darned sexy.

Learning her language is always a good thing. I need to sit down and learn how to read Thai. Surely it's not rocket science, but if you read the wikipedia article about it then maybe it is!!!

And Rock says the Phillies are complex. I'd say that Thailand is also complex. There doesn't seem to be much relationship between my dates' skin tones and where they're from. Some Thais look almost black, but I've never dated one this dark yet.

Today I dated my first "Southern" girl though. I tell you if she knows how to cook Massaman curry then she's a keeper!!!
AAhhhhh!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Repatriate wrote: Aren't the wealthiest and most powerful all Filipino-Chinese? I know the upper class families are Spanish..but being of high "breeding" doesn't necessarily mean you control the real reins of power which tend to follow the flow of industrial and agriculture monopolies. The wealthiest from forbes rankings all seem to be chinese filipinos.
Probably the reference is to people like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayala_Corporation

A few pics of the clan:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ayala+f ... qQH63YCADg
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote: As to Bangkok, not too much action yet. Got a bad foot massage from the Issan girl I met on wechat.
+1 for GETTING a foot massage on a first date.

With AW, guys sometimes GIVE them.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Now presenting the sequel: :D

Falcon picks up at the park: Visayas, Philippines (photos)
viewtopic.php?p=150326
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

ladislav wrote:
mguy wrote:If I find that monger I will apologize for offending his sensibilities. :lol:
How do you know he was a monger and not a father with his daughter? Did you see him get the girl from a pimp?

Or could it be me with my God-sister? And how do you know his nationality- there are plenty of white people who are Filipino citizens now.

The thing is in the first post(s) it said that you "shouted it out". That was what got everyone's goat here.

Now, a few things about the Philippine society- in the Philippines all citizens are officially called Filipinos. Native born and naturalized. Then they are divided by the language they speak. Not by race as in the US. But the language division is not official. I got called Tagalog several times even behind my back. You are what you speak.

The richest people in the Philippines are old Spanish families- they are white. Many are blond. They are the ones who are in the Manila Yacht Club. If you call them Caucasian, they will not understand what you mean. They are Filipinos.

Then you have rich Fil-Chinese families. They are all still Filipinos. There's no official division as in Asian Filipino, Caucasian Filipino. That is not the US.

Many former Americans as well as Germans and even Poles got Filipino nationality and are now officially listed as Filipinos. No one can say they are not. That is not China. Not Japan or Korea. There is no concept of race anywhere in records. Either you are a Filipino as in citizen or you are not. However, naturalized ones cannot hold public office or serve in army, police, etc. Otherwise, all the rights of citizens are the same.

There's no division by descent, race, shmace. The US system did not take on there.

So, swaggering around as an Asian American finally able to take a piss at a Caucasian ( American? or is it) with a woman ( could be his wife or even daughter) and he could be a Filipino like anyone else, is an outlandish idea which should have been left in the USA.

Butthurt? Some guy could be some business exec walking around with his daughter ( adopted and otherwise) and you shout out monger and insult and slander that person in front of others? You are toast, man.

Why defend yourself? Just admit it was not a wise thing to say or do, and don't do it again.

I said and did plenty of stupid things when I was young and insulted people without thinking and got my a@@ kicked for that. I admitted my mistake and moved on. I am much more respectful now.
Wow, talk about a butthurt sissy temper tantrum from someone who couldn't get a date if his life depended on it :lol: Gives you a clue as to why he defends mongers so rabidly - he's selfishly covering his own ass!

By the way, those are some interesting 'facts' lad pulled out of his derriere... cool story bro!

At some point it needs to be mentioned that ladislav has an ego the size of Mt. Everest. *flies away*
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

OK I'm back again.

Just like to warn you guys that it's 07:45 and I got back to my hotel just as the Chinese guests are leaving for a day's sightseeing. Lmao. We Brits, yeah, we're hard drinkers, but Issan girls, well they're astounding.

I guess my head is scrambled regarding ladies. China had loads of good ladies, but do men want "good" ladies?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

xiongmao wrote:OK I'm back again.

Just like to warn you guys that it's 07:45 and I got back to my hotel just as the Chinese guests are leaving for a day's sightseeing. Lmao. We Brits, yeah, we're hard drinkers, but Issan girls, well they're astounding.

I guess my head is scrambled regarding ladies. China had loads of good ladies, but do men want "good" ladies?
Lol nice one panda. Good to hear you're living it up! Yeah, I've noticed that some Thai girls are borderline alcoholics, which probably makes things fairly interesting. Were you at the bars the entire evening?

One classic memory of China has to be coming out of the club at 6, 7 in the morning when everyone is waking up and going to work. Then of course grabbing some incredible drunk munchies off the street vendors! Damn, I miss those days.

Thailand may be famous for its debauchery, but I actually find bar hours in Bangkok to be somewhat lacking. Sure, there are after hours places, but considering it's the 'land of smiles'....

As for 'good' ladies: yes, men want them. Your average heavy HA poster, not so much :lol: (pls don't flame me for this)
targetguy
Freshman Poster

taiwan vs philippines

Post by targetguy »

8) Seems the woman in Taiwan are more racially conscious and middle class where the ones in the Philippines are poor and want to marry someone in a foreign country so they will be more middle class and not make a 7 us a day. That is the big why, if we were from a poor country like Africa we would have a tuff time with anyone. Its all about better their lifestyle and class in a country of 80 percent poor.
no scammers
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

xiongmao wrote:OK I'm back again.

Xiongmao and I have been hanging out in Bangkok. It's a city constantly full of fun new surprises.

All those Thai MILF's wanted to dance with and get to know Xiongmao at one of the hole-in-the-wall karaoke restaurants we went to. They're about his age and are mostly lighter-skinned Isaan ladies.

We'll need to go to Pattaya together sometime too. :)
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I am no fan of "mongers" but I agree that a very large percentage of them are YOUNG. I an absolutely respect the old guy looking for love abroad. Many have been put through the ringer here in the USA and have FINALLY found what they were looking for. Why not be happy for them? Everyone ages and even those that mock may find themselves in the very shoes of those they used to mock 20 years earlier...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this guy approaching a girl at a mall in Manila. She's pretty cute. He got her number after 5 minutes.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I LOVE that student.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:Check out this guy approaching a girl at a mall in Manila. She's pretty cute. He got her number after 5 minutes.

Is this phone number thing and Anglo/PUA obsession? An old fashioned Italian would never ask for a phone number, he would ask for a date straight away, not to lose momentum. And if she isn't sure, only then he would ask for phone number and/or social network coordinates and start hamm...ahem, gently flirting with her until she capitulates :)
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

publicduende wrote:Is this phone number thing and Anglo/PUA obsession? An old fashioned Italian would never ask for a phone number, he would ask for a date straight away, not to lose momentum. And if she isn't sure, only then he would ask for phone number and/or social network coordinates and start hamm...ahem, gently flirting with her until she capitulates :)
Thanks for the tip! Anglosphere guys often think that asking for a date away is going too fast and maybe even creepy. Mediterranean guys are generally much more straightforward, thanks to the legacy of the Romans. :D