Why are motels in the US commonly run by Indians?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Winston
Site Admin

Why are motels in the US commonly run by Indians?

Post by Winston »

I've noticed something and always wondered about it but kept forgetting to post about it.

Why is it that so many (or perhaps most) motels in the US are run by Indian people? Why is it so common with them to run motels? And how did they take that business away from white people so easily?

When I ask the Indians that own motels that question, they don't know why. All they say is "Maybe it's a good business for us?" Strange how they don't know their own people. lol

I've also noticed that Indian business owners in the US are very frugal and tightwadish. You could use the word "stingy" too. They don't go the extra mile in customer service or offer any free perks. Sometimes I wonder if I should even tip in Indian restaurants since I like to give people back what they give. lol

I do love Indian food though. It's spicy, tasty, flavorful and has a lot of vegetarian options. It's certainly not bland or tasteless.
Last edited by Winston on May 25th, 2014, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm in New Mexico now and I've noticed that the East Indians running motels here are different than the ones in California. They look more laid back and do not have that stiff uptight lip. They are not strict and uptight about rules and are willing to bend rules for me. This is especially the case with the ones in small towns.

But the Indian motel owners in California were very strict and uptight about the rules, and some are even crazy. Remember that one Indian lady in Monterey, CA that I told you all about who kicked me out of the motel for setting off the smoke alarm when I took a hot shower? She was really psycho.

I guess California is a really toxic and uptight place that brings out the worst in people. New Mexico is definitely more laid back and simple. It's not as efficient but it's not as strict either. California rules are very strict and anal. And so are its people and culture. California does not have a laid back vibe at all.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne