Crazy If You Do, Crazy If You Don't

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Crazy If You Do, Crazy If You Don't

Post by zacb »

Have you ever noticed if you say you don't like a place, people say leave, but when you say you want to leave, people think you ar eoff the wall, or entering dangerous territory?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

It's because people are looking to validate their own choices, not have them challenged. Generally most people believe their own views to be sane, as it is conducive to happiness to not believe you are crazy. When they say "then leave" they are really saying "why would you leave. I dare you, leave". When you actually take them up on the offer you're basically insulting their choice of location, which they believe to be good or ideal simply by action. Thus, they view you as either crazy or weird, as you are doing something contrary to what they believe to be sane.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

HouseMD wrote:It's because people are looking to validate their own choices, not have them challenged. Generally most people believe their own views to be sane, as it is conducive to happiness to not believe you are crazy. When they say "then leave" they are really saying "why would you leave. I dare you, leave". When you actually take them up on the offer you're basically insulting their choice of location, which they believe to be good or ideal simply by action. Thus, they view you as either crazy or weird, as you are doing something contrary to what they believe to be sane.
Maybe I should mention this hypocrisy. XD It is really funny though. You say you want to be happy, and you are scorned. Weird world.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Go ahead and mention the hypocrisy, they'll just think you're crazier lol
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Crazy If You Do, Crazy If You Don't

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:Have you ever noticed if you say you don't like a place, people say leave, but when you say you want to leave, people think you ar eoff the wall, or entering dangerous territory?
Why say anything? That just gives people a chance to sabotage you.
You can contact the ones important to you ... after you get settled in your new digs. 8)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Teal Lantern wrote:
zacb wrote:Have you ever noticed if you say you don't like a place, people say leave, but when you say you want to leave, people think you ar eoff the wall, or entering dangerous territory?
You can contact the ones important to you ... after you get settled in your new digs. 8)
Haha true. The funny thing is they bitch about Obummer buddy, but they don't understand until we get our monetary house in order (end the fed and taxes) , we will continue to have all this bs. They say it will b the same all over, since everything is connected. But then again, will property always be valuable? I believe so. And if that holds true, I can live wherever I want, and some places are better suited for me.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

zacb wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:
Haha true. The funny thing is they bitch about Obummer buddy, but they don't understand until we get our monetary house in order (end the fed and taxes) , we will continue to have all this bs. They say it will b the same all over, since everything is connected. But then again, will property always be valuable? I believe so. And if that holds true, I can live wherever I want, and some places are better suited for me.
I can agree about the Fed. But name one country in history that had been successful without taxes.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

HouseMD wrote:
zacb wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:
I can agree about the Fed. But name one country in history that had been successful without taxes.
Celtic Ireland, Israel under the Judges.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

HouseMD wrote:It's because people are looking to validate their own choices, not have them challenged. Generally most people believe their own views to be sane, as it is conducive to happiness to not believe you are crazy. When they say "then leave" they are really saying "why would you leave. I dare you, leave". When you actually take them up on the offer you're basically insulting their choice of location, which they believe to be good or ideal simply by action. Thus, they view you as either crazy or weird, as you are doing something contrary to what they believe to be sane.

^^^Good points as usual.

I have gotten so tired of ignorant comments from those who know exactly JACK SHIT about other countries or about what is even going on inside of their OWN country. Just go abroad and post pictures of the beautiful things you are seeing and experiencing. Many will envy you, even though they might not admit it...
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

HouseMD wrote:
zacb wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:

I think Sales taxes are where it should end. Taxes on your own property and taxes on your income are where it goes too far. These types of taxation are THEFT...plain and simple. Our tax dollars aren't going where they need to or should be going. Our government wastes money needlessly. We have no say in where our tax dollars go and that is what makes it wrong IMO...

Taxation will only get worse in the future, unfortunately. The people aren't fighting it hard enough. I think a good compromise would be a low, flat tax based on a certain percentage of income. Property taxation should stop immediately, it's unethical to tax someone on what they OWN.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

tre wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
zacb wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:

I think Sales taxes are where it should end. Taxes on your own property and taxes on your income are where it goes too far. These types of taxation are THEFT...plain and simple. Our tax dollars aren't going where they need to or should be going. Our government wastes money needlessly. We have no say in where our tax dollars go and that is what makes it wrong IMO...

Taxation will only get worse in the future, unfortunately. The people aren't fighting it hard enough. I think a good compromise would be a low, flat tax dependent on a certain percentage of income. Property taxation should stop immediately, it's unethical to tax someone on what they OWN.
On a national level, impose a sovereignty tax on the state (income tax on the state based on how many resources it uses). Nothing else on the federal level.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

zacb wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
zacb wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:
Celtic Ireland, Israel under the Judges.
Do you honestly believe either system could maintain the infrastructure of a country with nearly 400 million citizens though? The trouble is, with zero taxes, you have zero modern military funds and zero interstate infrastructure.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

zacb wrote:
tre wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
zacb wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote: Why say anything? That just gives people a chance to sabotage you.

Taxation will only get worse in the future, unfortunately. The people aren't fighting it hard enough. I think a good compromise would be a low, flat tax dependent on a certain percentage of income. Property taxation should stop immediately, it's unethical to tax someone on what they OWN.
On a national level, impose a sovereignty tax on the state (income tax on the state based on how many resources it uses). Nothing else on the federal level.
This is a fair deal, as it would allow States to competitively set up their own tax structures as they wished. Trouble with the current system is that there is no competition.
Hodysseus
Freshman Poster

Post by Hodysseus »

I am an Australian living in USA for long time (USA citizen too). People get defensive when you criticize something that exposes their self-deceptions of utopia. Being a foreigner they will not accept my views. And issue standard response of "just leave". So I usually attempt to phrase criticisms by "the west", or "America, England and Australia".
I agree don't look for validation from sheeple. They will tear down any and all of your dreams, whether business, or multiple foreign partners.

If I were in charge I would eliminate all taxes. This would negate the necessity for most government. Income could be derived from import tariffs. This would also promote local industry. Reduce imports, create jobs. Also all women would have to return proceeds from divorce. And Mila Kunis would love me.
Melvin Udall: “I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability.�